Question about further releases

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

crazymountainman

Question about further releases

Post by crazymountainman »

Since your receivers are equipped with an ethernet port, does GTMedia have any plans to release a receiver that will auto updated via the internet? It would be handy to have one that automatically updates the firmware, and a few other items without having to download it and have it user installed. There are those of us who don't understand the process or which firmware update that's written for their particular receiver.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Question about further releases

Post by cpr43 »

crazymountainman wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:45 am
Since your receivers are equipped with an ethernet port, does GTMedia have any plans to release a receiver that will auto updated via the internet? It would be handy to have one that automatically updates the firmware, and a few other items without having to download it and have it user installed. There are those of us who don't understand the process or which firmware update that's written for their particular receiver.
All GT Series (GTC, GTS, GTCombo) are updated OTA. Any time a new update is available a message will pop up in the screen. For other models there are details instructions here:

viewforum.php?f=67

You can also do a search on YouTube in which there are many instructions videos.

crazymountainman

I have two GTMEDIA V8X receivers and this evening I was watching TV when the power went off. Since then, all I get is the green power light. No channel display, no boot screen and it does not send the HDMI signal to the TV. I have a huge back-up unit with everything hooked to it, but apparently I have a battery going bad because it didn't keep everything on, but the surge protection should have worked.

I powered down the receiver, unplugged the power supply and let it sit for several minutes, but I cannot get it to go into the boot up phase. The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is a software glitch. Since I can't get it to boot up, there's no way I know of to reset it to factory. I already ordered a new one, but would like to get this one working if possible.

Do I have a brick or can it be recovered? I think it's still in the warranty period, but I don't know if this would be covered or not. Please advise.

Also it says this receiver is 4K HD, but I cannot get it to send a 4K signal to my television. Was the description wrong?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You will have to retrieve it via RS232
The V8X is only 1080P

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

crazymountainman wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:13 pm
I have two GTMEDIA V8X receivers and this evening I was watching TV when the power went off. Since then, all I get is the green power light. No channel display, no boot screen and it does not send the HDMI signal to the TV. I have a huge back-up unit with everything hooked to it, but apparently I have a battery going bad because it didn't keep everything on, but the surge protection should have worked.

I powered down the receiver, unplugged the power supply and let it sit for several minutes, but I cannot get it to go into the boot up phase. The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is a software glitch. Since I can't get it to boot up, there's no way I know of to reset it to factory. I already ordered a new one, but would like to get this one working if possible.

Do I have a brick or can it be recovered? I think it's still in the warranty period, but I don't know if this would be covered or not. Please advise.

Also it says this receiver is 4K HD, but I cannot get it to send a 4K signal to my television. Was the description wrong?
If using regular GTMedia V8X firmware you can try the USB force recovery process, read here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14431

If using MARS Firmware version you can try if you have remote control with round corners and orange center button:

Copy the latest Mars firmware to your USB and rename the file to update.bin

Make sure the file is the root directory of your USB

Load USB to unit and power ON. When you see the word boot on the front panel press and release the Power Button several times.

Finally you can try the RS232 and send_upg V2.2 computer program

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7535

crazymountainman

As soon as this unit is plugged into the power, the green light comes on and stays on. No boot screen appears, no channel display or anything. I have that remote and it does not affect the receiver any anyway. There's no way to get to the USB menu or anything else. It will not even turn the unit off or on. If either method requires the use of the remote to revive this unit, it's a bust.

How about this. Is it possible to reflash one of the V8's with the blue stripe using the firmware loaded on the V8X and make it work? I have two of those receivers I am no longer using. Would it use the BISS auto roll and PowerVU auto update information? I don't know enough about these units to get too technical about it. Both receivers are similar in operation and function.

Is there a firmware update for the Blue Stripe receiver that make it do the same thing as the V8X as far as the BISS and PowerVU functions? Thanks

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

You, cannot load the software from the V8X onto the V8 Nova Blue.
How are connecting your receiver to the TV, HDMI/SCART/AV.
Have you connected, one of your V8 Nova's to see if you get the GTMedia logo to your TV screen.
The last update for the V8 Nova Blue was Aug 2021...

Den

Return to “Others”