time for a new receiver?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marantz

time for a new receiver?

Post by Marantz »

Hi
I am using several older Freesat/GT boxes V7 max ,V7shd ,V8 super .
I am in North America and only want to use the box for C and KU band satellite TV ,nothing else at all .
I have a very slow Internet connection out here in the country ,wont even do Hi Def streaming from you tube or IPTV . SD video is OK at slow settings
i just want a plain ,basic satellite receiver with PV and biss that will auto update the softcam when required ,no other features or B.S. required

Any ideas on the best ,simplest GT media box that has had only a few minor glitches or issues ? V8X ?

Thank you for any recommendations

STRETCH

Re: time for a new receiver?

Post by STRETCH »

I would go for the V8X receiver, which will meet your needs.

Den

Guershom Mutomb

Post by Guershom Mutomb »

Salut à tous, je viens d'acheter un décodeur V8X pourriez vous m'aider svp suis nul en sa mais j'aimerais capter gratuitement les chaînes tv sur astra 19.2°, est-ce possible ? Merci

Depuis la République Démocratique du Congo

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I do not think so, that satellite is for Europe, have a look around the area, see were the dishes are pointed, have a word with the local satellite/tv shop, ask a neighbour to see what they receive and what satellite they point there dish at.

Den

bwe

Post by bwe »

Marantz wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Hi
I am using several older Freesat/GT boxes V7 max ,V7shd ,V8 super .
I am in North America and only want to use the box for C and KU band satellite TV ,nothing else at all .
I have a very slow Internet connection out here in the country ,wont even do Hi Def streaming from you tube or IPTV . SD video is OK at slow settings
i just want a plain ,basic satellite receiver with PV and biss that will auto update the softcam when required ,no other features or B.S. required

Any ideas on the best ,simplest GT media box that has had only a few minor glitches or issues ? V8X ?

Thank you for any recommendations
I agree with Stretch. V8X should meet your needs. The X8 is nice too. I own both. I think one of the differences between the two is in the hardware. X8 uses a quad core, the V8X dual core. Apart from that, they are virtually identical in terms of menu/operation. GT Media has a newer style remote control that I think is a huge update from the inferior ones of old. Hopefully, the STB you purchase will ship with this newer remote. You can also purchase the new remote individually, if you choose.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Thanks
Ordered a V8X this morning

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

got my v8x today , just going to set it up .i heard there are two versions of the remote control ,does it mater much which one you get and does anyone have any tips .

going to download NA sat list and new fixes /latest file

thank you

yoda

Post by yoda »

Si tienes un teléfono móvil con infrarrojos hay una aplicación para Android que puedes utilizar como mando a distancia. El enlace es:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... forfreesat

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Marantz wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:33 pm
got my v8x today , just going to set it up .i heard there are two versions of the remote control ,does it mater much which one you get and does anyone have any tips .

going to download NA sat list and new fixes /latest file

thank you
Did you try to load the list from your super?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

i just put the N.A sat list in and took the time to rescan all the sats and tps , it took along time but its done ,
For some reason i had to get the softcam out of the V 8 super as some channels would not auto find the keys
Now i want to see if i can stream the V8X on my local network to other devices ,any ideas ?

GT share?

Octagonazo

Post by Octagonazo »

Good day ya'll!! Long time lerker, first time poster.

I had the V8X working good for over a year and was used daily along with the V8UHD.
Until it started losing all signals and of course checked LNBS/Coax/Switches and still had no signal.
None of my other receivers had any problems including the V8UHD model, among others of different brands.

The V8X is not dead and gone. Kept the remote and power cord only.

Ordered the X8 and received it this week and so far its been good. Scans fast and works great.
with the exception of Auto Bis* not working at all. Tried all available FW and same results including the 2 Golden ones.

The V8UHD works fine with Bis* so could be the X8 fw perhaps.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

Got my V8X working fine on C band ,it works great ,has anyone one got the Sat2ip function working correctly ,when I search for answers about set up , a bunch of stuff comes up but is there a just a simple set up guide that is proven to work ?

For the receiver and the P.C that you want to veiw on

I could see anything on my home network with VLC or the dnla fucntion or window network explorer ,tried my linux machine and it cant see the V8X either , no mater if on sat2ip or dnla

Thanks for any advice in advance

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

V8x is working good and i have got the GT media app working on a 64 bit win 8 pc using the m player with sat2ip but cant seem to get VLC to work ,any ideas besides giving up and using the media player .

i did have to switch to a newer router ,the old d link wasn't cutting it .

sopetran

Post by sopetran »

I just got a new GTmedia V8X.
I will connect the next weekend to the antena.
It's the replacement of old V9 burned by a lighting, it was amazing for me an hope the V8x will be much better.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Ended up using the unofficial GT win sharetool version 7 , it took awhile to find the program and documentation on this site but its here with a little hunting around , this version allows three different players in the config tool at the top left and will also generate the playlist ,it works well with 32 bit vlc too if you have an older computer,

search this site for

WinGTShareTool

With the installation of version 7 , i did load on framework 4.5 and the xnafx40 files but it still would say error and not run until i change the line in the config file with notepad

was
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2" />

Now

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0.2" />

not sure why , but i loaded it on 4 machines and had to change this line on all of them,but it runs ok now

after you get the playlist generated , (this option is at the top left in Version7) you can stick it into vlc on other devices and it connects ,and you can watch the box anywhere in the house .

to many this may seem obvious but i think some guys dont know including me ,how easy it has been made with the share tool

the V8X receiver must be connected to the network router with wire and the IP was set to "static " not dhcp

the other machines/laptops that were used to view and control the v8x worked ok on wireless

Good luck to anyone else testing it

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

also search this site and this topic for the files

Re: WinGTShare unofficial tool

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Got a second V8X yesterday to use on KU band ,the receiver sensitivity is better than the older V7SHD that was in service ,more channels scanned in and the receiver is opening up channels that the V7shd wouldn't decode like Heartland 11940 V 30000 at 117 W and many others ,also the diseqc h2h motor function is working fine ,i have to try it with the GTshare but it should work since the V8X on C band works just fine

WW5RON

Post by WW5RON »

SAME BOAT HERE, REPLACING OLD no longer supported microHD recievers, just moved my ku dish, it's been hiding behind a c band dish & unused since 20013 or so, and ..
I'm trying to find out what's the newest latest greatest does the most stuff fta sat receiver. I only need 1080p, epg, dvr, but want all the new stuff biss, etc which are new to me so i can learn stuffs

The model number numbering system confused me. LOOKS LIKE people replace a 9 with an 8? Version numbering is totally confusing, then 8 has v8uhd, v8 super (supercharged memory speed?) , v8 turbo (assume it's a faster processor than a plain v8?) , v8combo (combined with what, a free remote control?), x8 (4 core processor) versus 8x (2 core processor), v8 nova (no va in Spanish means won't go, maybe they mean nueva for newest? but nova was replaced by 8x, so it isn't? etc ... what's the newest latest greatest????

i'd have gotten a 9 but it's cheaper so i assume 8 does more better? perhaps 7 is newer and version numbering is backward so i should wait for a 5?

i'm just re-starting this hobby after years of distractions
i did try comparing features, looks like x8 gets TLNT OR TINT channels but 8x doesn't? whatever TLNT OR TINT is ...apparently you get a card to receive them?
v9 is cheaper and does less than a v8?
buying should be simpler with comparison charts somewhere; if exist, i cannot find them

I'd like an easy way to buy the box with the most features/protocols, and a place to learn more (so reading this forum, but unfamiliar with the last years of technological acronyms)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

The model number for GT Media units do not reflect and order of model.
The V8 Super is now an old and unsupported unit.
The V8 Turbo has terrestrial as well as satellite, again "Turbo" does not add anything regard to speed etc.
Each newer unit has faster processors and more of the modern satellite formats and video formats in them.
The GT Combo android unit is the only one that opens 4.2.2 format video.
There are some units that do the IKS TV format for the Americas.

Looking at the download page and the software updates will show what units are still supported / getting updates.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

WW5RON

Post by WW5RON »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:27 pm
Hi

The model number for GT Media units do not reflect and order of model.
The V8 Super is now an old and unsupported unit.
The V8 Turbo has terrestrial as well as satellite, again "Turbo" does not add anything regard to speed etc.
Each newer unit has faster processors and more of the modern satellite formats and video formats in them.
The GT Combo android unit is the only one that opens 4.2.2 format video.
There are some units that do the IKS TV format for the Americas.

Looking at the download page and the software updates will show what units are still supported / getting updates.

Owen
THANK YOU
I ordered the V9 prime, to use while i see if any do more than it does. I wish it had newer USB3.0 instead of just USB 2.0 A comparison feature chart of all current models would be good.

Return to “Others”