SPECS SIDE by SIDE

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

KR8MR

SPECS SIDE by SIDE

Post by KR8MR »

in my humble opinion GT Media is in competition with itself. I love the fact that there are so many choices but then again...not so much. There are many products and even sub products within categories which further confuses me. V8 turbo, V8 Super, V8 Finder V9 ,,, V7,,, etc. I dont know which receivers are the CATS EYE.

Has anyone ever posted a side by side comparison table of the GT Media product offerings? A row with the date first offered, A row to show if a product is still being manufactured or simply available in after market, can do HEVC 265 video or can do 4K (or even 2160), BISS.

I want to buy more of these I have a V7 and a newer V8. I want to see NASAs UHD channel but I read something about it going to 10 bit? What is that? I want to be able to time shift or at least record. Honestly I would have purchased my Christmas receiver by now but I do not feel informed enough. I see others trying to catch up with an $120 product offering, but they all fall short. Luckily 5G hasnt arrived out here yet.. I have my Bud rewired using 4 conductor dish mover wire and all new coaxial to the C and Ku. I have decided to drop the external multiswitch bring C / Ku into separately dedicated receivers. In my mind this is all one big radio hobby. Just today I have all of my Ham antennas ready for another expected mild winter and a hot Solar Cycle peak on the way.. in particular my 6 band HF vertical has 20 more ground radials. I still feel I could be all set if I had a receiver that does HEVC 265... at least.

I don't want to later say I could have had a V8!

STRETCH

Re: SPECS SIDE by SIDE

Post by STRETCH »

I think it would take a while to make a spread sheet of ALL the GMedia models.
It depends on what the market is doing, and what the user wants from there receiver.
As you say, they have large collection of models, it would be better to cut down, this would save on R and D, just update on the models that give good sells, have models that are just for say, IPTV/CCCAM/MARS etc, one for just basic satellite work receiver FTA/BISS or decode channels within the software, plus Radio Ham channels.
It is a good hobby to get into.

Den

Return to “Others”