Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Ivn101

Which Bolt is Elevation?

Post by Ivn101 »

Hi All,
I believe the top bolt iselevation.

Suddenly I question my beliefes.

Can anyone chime in and set me straight please?
Back of Dish.jpg
Back of Dish.jpg (203.96 KiB) Viewed 953 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Which Bolt is Elevation?

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the top bolt for elevation.
I'm not sure what the bottom bolt is for, but it also would affect elevation.
If the dish you are setting up has the actuator for the dish move on it, pump some greece into it before you put the dish up, as it will be easier then. I stripped one of my actuators from not greasing it often enough.

If setting up with the move, move the dish with the actuator to its middle position and then mount the dish pointing due south, assuming you are in the north, or due north if you are south of the equator.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello guys. Yes the top bolt and nuts are elevation. The bottom bolt and nut in the picture is for declination adjustment. It provides a little bit of "tilt" on the dish which helps when tracking the arc. I have polar mounts with and without this adjustment. I personally would leave it alone, and focus on getting elevation, azimuth and feedhorn length and skew correct. The declination was likely set correctly years ago. I'm assuming the original location of this dish wasn't very far from your home. If you are planning on making adjustments to declination, do it on your lower satellites. Then recheck your signals on your "high" or zenith satellite. Make adjustments as needed.

If you need help on where to place the angle finder or protractor for declination and elevation measurements, let me know.

Nice pair of dishes you have there friend! :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

Thank you both for your replies. BWE, thank you for noticing the dish in back. I was told 10 ft, but it measures 11 :) . No complaints.

The one where I showed the bolts, that is a Prodelin 4ft.
I am assuming the elevation setting on that one will be a fair bit lower due to the offset.
Anyone guess if the declination setting will remain as previously set with 6ft prime focus, or will declination setting also change.

I am having a great time playing with this stuff.
No wonder some call it a hobby.

Thanks for your input.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes it is a hobby, but it can get out of hand.

My big dish day, 4.1m.
Never did focus it yet.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Others”