Paid Streaming on GTX Box

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

BigAitch

Paid Streaming on GTX Box

Post by BigAitch »

My first post, hopefully it's in correct section?
I'd like to know what sort of success members are having running paid Streaming Services over the Internet on GTX Box?

I note the box has pre-installed Apps for Disney, Netflix and others including YouTube that works fine. I've installed Apps for some of the FTA playback services such as the Australian SBS On-Demand and the ABC iView, Channel 7', 7Plus (all same as BBC's iPlay) and they all work well, however they are all free. I've now installed 'Flash' which is a fee-for-service streaming site. Using their App I've had no luck signing in. However using a just a browser like Chrome or Edge (latter is best) I can sign-in and enter the website and navigate with ease; scroll, click etc all work smoothly. A problem happens when click the play button for the selected video. The circular loading indicator icon rotates for about 4 to 5 second. Then I'm presented with a full-frame page Error message, Video Decode Error. That page also contains suggestions that it could be failure of the server/network or the video format is not supported by the browser. The server/network suggestion is unlikely to be the cause as the site works fine via FireFox Mobile Phone that on the same server/network. On the phone I do get an, Allow DRM request, that I have to accept. No Flash App is installed on the phone, and I've tried FireFox on the GTX with the same results as Chrome and Edge.

Flash-Help-desk are on the case however I think GTX might be new to them.

Any suggestions?
Regards BigH.

STRETCH

Re: Paid Streaming on GTX Box

Post by STRETCH »

With any of the (Paid Services) are you signed up to any, then view via the computer or on the TV. May have to link together.

Owen/ CAJE who are more tech wise, then what i am, should be able to say what could be done.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

All I can add is to ask what and where is the pay service coming from?
If "They" do not want that pay service they will block it.
I find RT news is blocked by the updates of Chrome and that blocking is done in the player, so using another browser does not work.

What I did was disconnect the net, reset the box, disable Chrome and all the google stuff.
I then loaded "TVBrowser" and use that to watch RT.
TV Browser has some limitations in that some sites will not connect, like Trademe and Countdown (Woolworths now) supermarket. They want to "look" at you and TVBrowser does not allow that, cookies and the like.
Trademe got caught using users PC to mine bitcoin for Trademe.

Or it may be the video format.
There is one that the GTX and GT combos do not display on some of the Ch7 Aus news / sports feeds, while other GT Media boxes do.
I found these would display if I pressed green for other player.

I'm just across the ditch if you need a call etc.
PM if you need to.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

BigAitch

Post by BigAitch »

Thanks for the info and help guys. Owen I'll give that TV-Browser a go and get back to you.
Cheers, H.

BigAitch

Post by BigAitch »

Hi guys, all going now. It seems like it was DRM issue. I uninstalled the App and Edge and reinstalled FireFox Android v121 browser, set the options in FF to allow access to Digital Rights Management. So now it's simply a matter of clicking a URL Shortcut to the site in FF and away we go.

Thanks for your encouragement, H.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

This is a post related to GTX. Please post in the correct section:

viewforum.php?f=55

All post from different sections will begin to be deleted

Return to “Others”