Freesat V9 Super , problem after updateing the Frimware

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

jlgeniz

Freesat V9 Super , problem after updateing the Frimware

Post by jlgeniz »

Hi Team,
I've bought recently the v9 Super and after star it the first time the first task was to update the frimware. The frimware was loaded and burned without problems and after that the device was rebooted. After that the device shows this screens and I don't know how continue... could you please help me?

Thanks you so much in advanced
Best regards
Jose

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Freesat V9 Super , problem after updateing the Frimware

Post by Feralkiwi »

Most Freesat units use .bin files.
I do not have one of these so have not tried this.
If you can change it from (*.abs) to (*.bin) you should then be able to load a user data file.
Also you maybe able to change it from "All code" to User data.
As the V9 looks to be like the V7 try loading a V7 data file from the download page.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

jlgeniz

Post by jlgeniz »

Thanks you so much. Fixed!!! Best regards

root

Post by root »

Hi Bro, pls share Freesat v9 super backup firmware file

bernie

Post by bernie »

jlgeniz wrote:Thanks you so much. Fixed!!! Best regards
HI @jlgeniz and team. Could you tell me what you did to fix your problem? Was it renaming the file to a bin file or change it from allcode to user data?
I have a V9 Super on order so I would like to know :) Thanks for any assistance you can give.
several 3M dishes, V9 Super, V7HD, V7SHD, V8 Super

bernie

Post by bernie »

bernie wrote:
HI @jlgeniz and team. Could you tell me what you did to fix your problem? Was it renaming the file to a bin file or change it from allcode to user data?
I have a V9 Super on order so I would like to know :) Thanks for any assistance you can give.
no reply :cry: So this same problem happened to me when I tried to upgrade my V9 firmware tonight :evil:

bernie

Post by bernie »

bernie wrote:
bernie wrote:
no reply :cry: So this same problem happened to me when I tried to upgrade my V9 firmware tonight :evil:
So I figured out how to fix it. Since the error screen said it was looking for an .abs file I renamed the latest bin file to .abs and put it on a USB stick and put it in the machine. Reboot the machine and it found the update file. Then move down to start upgrade and enter. The upgrade file worked and now my machine is on version 263 ( it was on factory 254 ) :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please confirm that you changed the file name to .abs on your computer and then loaded it OK with the setting in the V9 set to .abs as well.
If this is so I will post this info on download page so others know and hopefully the engineers will correct the file.
A photo like the one you first posted with the correct .abs file selected would also be good.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bernie

Post by bernie »

Feralkiwi wrote:Please confirm that you changed the file name to .abs on your computer and then loaded it OK with the setting in the V9 set to .abs as well.
If this is so I will post this info on download page so others know and hopefully the engineers will correct the file.
A photo like the one you first posted with the correct .abs file selected would also be good.

Owen
Yes I confirm that is what I did. But now when I try that it says no bin file found. Probably cause the bin file flash took. I am also wondering if you remove the USB before it finishes rebooting to the newest flash that will also fix this problem. Because when I originally had the problem I stiil had the USB in the box when it rebooted.

Return to “Others”