How to judge the standard vertical and horizontal oscillator of an LNB?

User Share channel list and channel information

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

xmh0511

How to judge the standard vertical and horizontal oscillator of an LNB?

Post by xmh0511 »

Hi, the skew degree of the LNB is crucial when adjusting the signal quality. In order to adjust the skew, we should know the zero skew degree. So, the standard vertical and horizontal oscillator is important here to find out the zero skew degree. Is any way to recognize which is the standard vertical or horizontal oscillator for an LNB when opening its cover?

evarese

Re: How to judge the standard vertical and horizontal oscillator of an LNB?

Post by evarese »

Into any LNB two little aerials are set at 90° in order to receive vertical or horizontal polarization. In the LNBs I oponed some time ago, usually these aerials are respectively oriented with the main axes of the lnb itself. So the skew is related to this orientation. The 'oscillator' you're writing about is an other matter: its function is to guarantee a stable reception of the sat signals and used to convert these 'high' frequencies to a band of lower frequencies, about from 950 MHz to 2.1 GHz, coming through the cable to your receiver.
In practice, for adjusting the skew, the most practical thing is to find the best quality reception, slowly rotating the LNB body. Please note that on polar mount aerial, it's not necessary rotate the lnb since it 'moves' automatically with the antenna.
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

evarese wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:52 am
Into any LNB two little aerials are set at 90° in order to receive vertical or horizontal polarization. In the LNBs I oponed some time ago, usually these aerials are respectively oriented with the main axes of the lnb itself. So the skew is related to this orientation. The 'oscillator' you're writing about is an other matter: its function is to guarantee a stable reception of the sat signals and used to convert these 'high' frequencies to a band of lower frequencies, about from 950 MHz to 2.1 GHz, coming through the cable to your receiver.
In practice, for adjusting the skew, the most practical thing is to find the best quality reception, slowly rotating the LNB body. Please note that on polar mount aerial, it's not necessary rotate the lnb since it 'moves' automatically with the antenna.
Yes, I meant the little antennas which are set at 90°. How to judge the standard vertical or horizontal little antenna for an LNB? My concern here is if these antenna are rotated by 90°, then they will exchange each other, which would make that we should adjust the H argument for polarity that is giveen from Lyngsat to be V, which is not convenient to adjust the signal.

evarese

Post by evarese »

I'm not sure to understand you so well. The two aerials are 90° each other and the horizontal is used for the horizontal polarization. The switch from V to H is given by the receiver, changing the bias to the lnb, typically is 13 V for the vertical and 18 V for the horizontal polarization.
If a channel is vertical polarized, you can rotate the lnb of 3 - 5 - 10°, or more if needed, in order to achieve the maximum quality and the same amount is valid for the horizontal channels too.
Otherwise, if your question is different, please explain in other words.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

xmh0511 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 am
Hi, the skew degree of the LNB is crucial when adjusting the signal quality. In order to adjust the skew, we should know the zero skew degree. So, the standard vertical and horizontal oscillator is important here to find out the zero skew degree. Is any way to recognize which is the standard vertical or horizontal oscillator for an LNB when opening its cover?
Have a look at the website dishpointer dot com
On that site you can enter your location and the skew angle etc is shown.
You can see trees or building in the distance you can use to point your dish too.

Most small LNB's have a ----0---- molded on the plastic case to show the center top, but some cheap ones I have had are out but 90.
If you have this issue, set a strong TP with a TV channel on your TV, change the TP from V to H or H to V so it is incorrect from what you will find on Lygnsat dot com and twist the LNB until you find the mid point where no TV sound from the channel is heard.
Then you can find the how incorrect the -----0---- mark is. Usually 90 degrees on cheap Ku band LNB's

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 pm
xmh0511 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 am
Have a look at the website dishpointer dot com
On that site you can enter your location and the skew angle etc is shown.
You can see trees or building in the distance you can use to point your dish too.

Most small LNB's have a ----0---- molded on the plastic case to show the center top, but some cheap ones I have had are out but 90.
If you have this issue, set a strong TP with a TV channel on your TV, change the TP from V to H or H to V so it is incorrect from what you will find on Lygnsat dot com and twist the LNB until you find the mid point where no TV sound from the channel is heard.
Then you can find the how incorrect the -----0---- mark is. Usually 90 degrees on cheap Ku band LNB's

Owen
My Ku band LNB has 30, 0, 30 degrees. However, I don't know what's orientation 0 degrees should align to. Is it necessary to align to 3:00, 9:00, or align to 12:00 or 6:00 direction?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Normally the 0 of 30 - 0 - 30 is at the top for the satellite that is the same as your longitude.
Then you rotate it the number of degrees that you find reported as skew for other satellite on sites like dishpointer dot com.

If you set up and scan the same channels from both H and V, then you have the skew wrong.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:50 am
Normally the 0 of 30 - 0 - 30 is at the top for the satellite that is the same as your longitude.
Then you rotate it the number of degrees that you find reported as skew for other satellite on sites like dishpointer dot com.

If you set up and scan the same channels from both H and V, then you have the skew wrong.

Owen
I have GTmeaid v8 finder bt05 too. What does it mean when the skew is written that "right XX degrees"? Does it mean rotate the LNB in the clockwise way or counterclockwise way?

evarese

Post by evarese »

I guess clockwise, but the best thing is to try! You'll see immediately the right rotation ;)

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

evarese wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:55 am
I guess clockwise, but the best thing is to try! You'll see immediately the right rotation ;)
I think it's counterclockwise in practice. I.E, RXX° means that rotate the LNB to the right XX° that is relative to Zero.

evarese

Post by evarese »

It depends also from the side you watch the lnb: in front of the antenna, or behind... I repeat, the best is to try!

Esta33

Post by Esta33 »

The standard vertical and horizontal oscillators of an LNB are exemplary in their precision and efficiency. The meticulous calibration ensures optimal signal reception, guaranteeing uninterrupted viewing pleasure. This offers a comprehensive insight into the technical prowess behind these oscillators, showcasing their reliability and performance. With thorough explanations and visual aids, it's the for understanding the intricacies of LNB technology. Whether you're a novice or an expert, the information provided here empowers users to make informed decisions when selecting LNBs for their satellite systems. Trustworthy and informative, this website stands out as the go-to resource for anyone seeking knowledge about satellite equipment.
Last edited by CAJE on Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No URL spam

Return to “GTMEDIA_User Share”