Error BOOT V8 Honor

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

salor

Error BOOT V8 Honor

Post by salor »

Tengo un GTMEDIA v8 Honor (el púrpura), se me quedaba bloqueado, intente actualizar, y se quedo en boot.
He conectado un cable RS232 y cuando abro el programita TCOM solo me aparece ROM10123. Sigo los pasos para el flasheo por serial port pero no hace nada, lo intento por USB y se reinicia todo el tiempo cuando pulsas menu al arrancar.

Observando el comportamiento por la consola de TCOM es BOOT10123 y los reinicios 10123.

A alguien le ha pasado algo así y si lo ha resuelto me podeís decir como.

Muchas gracias de antemano.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Error BOOT

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here are my notes on forced upgrade.

Also try with the LNB cable disconnected too.

Owen

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not. This is with the Nova units mostly.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

h.rendon@esesa.com

Post by h.rendon@esesa.com »

Hello,

My V8 UHD box stopped working when trying to upgrade firmware last April. Since then, every time it is turn on, box's display shows: " Boot, Err1, UP9" and it does not respond to control remote, nor send signal to TV. Hence, no upgrading is possible. And what is worse, box in not working...'

Questions:

1.- What is ERR1?
2.- What does ERR1 mean?
3.- Can ERR1 be deleted, erased or something?
4.- How do I revive V8 UHD or it simply died and no recovery is possible?
5.- How do I use my warranty since box is only six months old?

Thanks and best regards,
Hernan.
h.rendon@esesa.com

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

h.rendon@esesa.com wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:13 pm
Hello,

My V8 UHD box stopped working when trying to upgrade firmware last April. Since then, every time it is turn on, box's display shows: " Boot, Err1, UP9" and it does not respond to control remote, nor send signal to TV. Hence, no upgrading is possible. And what is worse, box in not working...'

Questions:

1.- What is ERR1?
2.- What does ERR1 mean?

Thanks and best regards,
Hernan.
h.rendon@esesa.com
Hello

Yours is a common problem that happened in this last period: see

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22768
GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

UP9 is the screen for updating and the output of your unit will now have changed to PAL, no NTSC so you may not see it if your TV is NTSC only.

There is a post on this here.

First try a USB forced recovery.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

h.rendon@esesa.com

Re: Error BOOT V8 Honor

Post by h.rendon@esesa.com »

Hello,

My V8 UHD box stopped working when trying to upgrade firmware last April. Since then, every time it is turn on, box's display shows: " Boot, Err1, UP9" and it does not respond to control remote, nor send signal to TV. Hence, no upgrading via USB is possible.

Serial port firnaware upgrade was tried with no success, either.

Several formwares were used.

Questions:

1.- What is ERR1?
2.- What does ERR1 mean?
6.- Can anyone provide a definitive answer?

Thanks and best regards,
Hernan.
h.rendon@esesa.com

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Error BOOT V8 Honor

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Did you try the usb forced recovery I listed a link for in my last post?

Note after recovery the box will be in PAL TV mode, not NTSC and if your TV is NTSC only you will not see any output.
Can you try the UHD on a friends TV that does PAL so you can see the UP9 screen?
You do not need the LNB / dish connected for recovery.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”