Satellite List in Northsea UK and Norway Area

User Share channel list and channel information

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

rjsabiniano87

Satellite List in Northsea UK and Norway Area

Post by rjsabiniano87 »

Hi We bought a decoder GTMEDIA model S2XR2M03 and we are trying to set it up and get some free channels.
Currently our vessel is operating in Northsea under UK Sector.
What are the different satellites that are available here in this area that can give us free channels?
We tried to track ASTRA 28.2E satellite and configured it on our TVRO Cobham Satellite Antenna but not sure if the parameters below are correct.
Longitude: 28.2
Skew: 0
Baudrate: 22000
NID: 2
FEC: 5/6
Modulation: DVB-S(QPSK)
Rx Input: A-Low Vert/RHCP/99/13V
LNB Type:DIRECTTV HD Circular: 18.05 Ghz(Ka)/11.25 Ghz(Ku)
Search Pattern: Spiral
Lock: Carrier
Freq(RF): 19000
Auto Offset: 100

So far, we couldn’t get any channels using this satellite.
Thank you and looking forward for your advice.

STRETCH

Re: Satellite List in Northsea UK and Norway Area

Post by STRETCH »

I do not know this receiver, but the lnb setting should be (lnb freq) Universal 9750-10600.
How are you setting up this receiver, are you using a single dish set onto the satellite at 28e, or have you got a motor attatched to the dish.
With a little more detail, we will be able to help.
Also have a look at (flysat), it will show various satellites , click on 28e, this will show what channels are (FTA), if you click on the section marked(Under Footprints) (EIRP) (dBW) details, it should give you a map, of were the footprint is for that transponder with all details.
Hope this helps a little.
Also it would be better to put a new post in the V7 section of the forum, you may get a better response.

Den

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

I would say your biggest problem is the LNB. Directv uses circular polarisation while the signals on 28.5E are Linear (horizontal and vertical). If the Signal is strong enough you might get some channels but there is a mismatch there. Also the LNB is a dual frequency unit, hopefully it will default to 11.25Ghz as that is the frequency you must put into the antenna configuration page of the S2x. It is shown as 11250 in the lnb selection. I do not know how the OEM box selects the antenna frequency, some use DISEqC (pulses) or may use a 22Khz tone. On the antenna config page of the S2x there is an option to turn the 22Khz on or off...you might try and see if it has any effect. You may end up changing the LNB for a Linear type, but you will have to contact the antenna manufacturer for that and it may be expensive.

Astra 2E (Lyngsat shows it as 28.5E) is a good choice as it has the "Freesat/Freeview" channels which is what you are looking for. If I can help more send me a PM and I will try.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With you been at sea, the special satellite equipment used, may be simular to the (Dish Network) in America.
Some users have said that the GTMedia receivers are not compatable, you may have to make contact with the firm that supplied the said equipment to find out what satellite receivers are compatable.
Sorry, for leading you up the garden path.

Den

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:45 pm
With you been at sea, the special satellite equipment used, may be simular to the (Dish Network) in America.
Some users have said that the GTMedia receivers are not compatable, you may have to make contact with the firm that supplied the said equipment to find out what satellite receivers are compatable.
Sorry, for leading you up the garden path.

Den
Just to be clear on this Den, the problem with Dishnetwork and GTMedia STBs is that Dish uses 8PSK-TURBO for their down links , whereas GTMedia STBs only work with QPSK and 8PSK... not TURBO. On the hardware side (antenna + LNB) there is not a problem, so long as you can find a satellite that uses circular polarisation in the Ku band...there are not many. Also the stock LNB frequency for them is 11250, which again limits the number of satellites it can capture as with that LO frequency you are looking in the 12150 to 12600 transponder range.

As I said in my first post it will be easier to swap the LNB for a Universal Type, but could be very expensive with that type of antenna, he will have to purchase from the manufacturer.

Return to “GTMEDIA_User Share”