Best receiver for USA

User Share channel list and channel information

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mux

Best receiver for USA

Post by Mux »

I have been out of this game for a while. Can someone suggest the bests model for the USA.

STRETCH

Re: Best receiver for USA

Post by STRETCH »

Depending on what you want from the receiver, give more details, then users will let you know which receiver would be best to use.

Den

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

V8X works good for C band ......good bang for the buck

Mux

Post by Mux »

Sorry, yes it would be for C Band. I have a 12 foot dish with controller and motor. I stopped using this because I live on the East Coast and I have a lot of lightening and I lave lost 2 tv's, 2 home theater receivers, and a couple sat receivers. The dish has never taken a direct hit but it seems if there is lightening within a mile or so my satellite is like huge funnel. The last receiver I had I believe was the V8 Nova blue. Where can I go to see a current list of sats and channels available. That will be the big deciding factor of if I put it back in service or recycle it.

alfalfa

Post by alfalfa »

Hi
Mux wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:48 am
.... I stopped using this because I live on the East Coast and I have a lot of lightening and I lave lost 2 tv's, 2 home theater receivers, and a couple sat receivers. The dish has never taken a direct hit but it seems if there is lightening within a mile or so my satellite is like huge funnel. ...
You have to put good protectors for atmospheric discharges, in addition to a very good grounding.

Return to “GTMEDIA_User Share”