a very messy program

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Youtube

Post by cpr43 »

klarnetas wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:11 pm
a very messy program
Hard to download latest version from Play Store?

klarnetas

Post by klarnetas »

the latest version is incompatible with this receiver, and another youtube is very uncomfortable to use

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

If you try to update the pre-loaded version it will give you the incompatible message. Do not try to update. Just disregard this icon. Go to the Google play store and download a New version. It will download and install fine.

klarnetas

Post by klarnetas »

So I say, the original youtube program stopped working, and a new very useless one was downloaded and installed. Maybe there is one I don't know but would be analogous to the old version

klee70

Post by klee70 »

Don't know if his applies to your situation, but if you install the default android yt app from the Google play store, it will also install or update Google play services.

Then the YouTube app for Android TV (the preinstalled one) will also work (well, it did for me after a factory reset). Google play store does not update the Android TV version, use Aptoide for that.

If the Android TV version works, you can remove the standard YouTube app.

klarnetas

Post by klarnetas »

on the screan write - this version is not suported for this device ... :?:

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

klarnetas wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:28 pm
on the screan write - this version is not suported for this device ... :?:
Hey!! Disregard the pre-loaded version. Do NOT try to run and upgrade. Just go to the Play Store and download a fresh new version

klee70

Post by klee70 »

The Playstore version (if you use the Playstore from the gtc) is the YouTube for Android app, not the YouTube for Android TV app.

I have this version installed:

Code: Select all

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.youtube.tv
Version is 2.07.02.

If you try to install from the browser, Google will list this as not compatible, but you can install this version from Aptoide TV.

On a media player the user experience is much better on the YouTube for Android TV version. Even the Kodi plugin version is preferable over the standard YouTube for Android app. Both can be fully controlled with the standard remote without using the mouse cursor, and will also display video's directly in full screen. Also you can use YouTube on your phone to directly edit the playlist.

I really don't know why you are plugging the standard YouTube for Android app.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

klee70 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:43 pm
The Playstore version (if you use the Playstore from the gtc) is the YouTube for Android app, not the YouTube for Android TV app.

I have this version installed:

Code: Select all

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.youtube.tv
Version is 2.07.02.

If you try to install from the browser, Google will list this as not compatible, but you can install this version from Aptoide TV.

On a media player the user experience is much better on the YouTube for Android TV version. Even the Kodi plugin version is preferable over the standard YouTube for Android app. Both can be fully controlled with the standard remote without using the mouse cursor, and will also display video's directly in full screen. Also you can use YouTube on your phone to directly edit the playlist.

I really don't know why you are plugging the standard YouTube for Android app.
I have no idea if this is possible. maybe others can help?

frarosso

Post by frarosso »

I've the same problem.
If I click on youtube icon in the main screen of GTC, I get a message that a new version is available and it must be downloaded.
Clicking on this message, the playstore appears with youtube for android TV to download.
Unfortunately when I try to download it, an error message saying that the application is not compatible with the android version used appears.
What's the correct way to proceed in order to load the new version of youtube for android tv?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

frarosso wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:12 pm
I've the same problem.
If I click on youtube icon in the main screen of GTC, I get a message that a new version is available and it must be downloaded.
Clicking on this message, the playstore appears with youtube for android TV to download.
Unfortunately when I try to download it, an error message saying that the application is not compatible with the android version used appears.
What's the correct way to proceed in order to load the new version of youtube for android tv?
You didn't read enough

"Disregard the pre-loaded version. Do NOT try to run and upgrade. Just go to the Google Play Store and download a fresh new version"

Pre-loaded version will be updated in next firmware released

frarosso

Post by frarosso »

cpr43 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:22 pm
frarosso wrote:
I've the same problem.
You didn't read enough

"Disregard the pre-loaded version. Do NOT try to run and upgrade. Just go to the Google Play Store and download a fresh new version"

Ok, thanks! I will try it.

dearde4n

Post by dearde4n »

I dont know if this can applied to u guys.. but it works for me. now i'm using an updated version of youtube for android tv and it overite the preinstalled one and it works like charm.

here how i did it

1. heading to apkmirror and search for youtube for android tv.
2. select your version, variant and system architecture (armv7a).
3. download the apk and install as usual
4. you good to go.

notes:
i recommend to use the not so latest version, since it full of bloated ads.

If you know how to handle this box.. you will love this box. for me only 1 minor bugs that dev should fix which is screen aspect ratio is not stick to the setting. wjat i mean is if i watching SD quality tv (from the tuner) and back to main menu, it changed to 4:3. i have to back to that channel to set it again to full/16:9.
Last edited by dearde4n on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frarosso

Post by frarosso »

dearde4n wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:05 pm
I dont know if this can applied to u guys.. but it works for me. now i'm using an updated version of youtube for android tv and it overite the preinstalled one and it works like charm.

here how i did it

1. heading to apkmirror and search for youtube for android tv.
2. select your version, variant and system architecture (armv7a).
3. download the apk and install as usual
4. you good to go.

PicsArt_10-07-04.34.12.jpg
IMG_20191007_041004.jpg
IMG_20191007_041013.jpg

notes:
i recommend to use the not so latest version, since it full of bloated ads.

If you know how to handle this box.. you will love this box. for me only 1 minor bugs that dev should fix which is screen aspect ratio is not stick to the setting. wjat i mean is if i watching SD quality tv (from the tuner) and back to main menu, it changed to 4:3. i have to back to that channel to set it again to full/16:9.
Hi dearde4n ,
it's strange what you said about the TV aspect ratio. For me works fine and never change to 4:3 even if I watch SD quality tv (from tuner).
About YOUTUBE I solved installing it from aptoide. It overwrites the pre-installed version. I guess that the installed version of the playstore is not the one for android TV since the apps I found are all for smartphones, besides there is no youtube for android tv to download/update.
I've the last version of the firmware for GTMedia GTC installed (installed via OTA).

brujolesa

Post by brujolesa »

cpr43 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:22 pm
frarosso wrote:
I've the same problem.
You didn't read enough

Puestos a sacar nueva revision de Firnware ya de paso podrian actualizar la versiob de Android,empieza a estar muy obsoleta

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”