Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

bekimx

Gtmedia GTS root

Post by bekimx »

I Wanna know how to root the gtmedia gts with firmware v2.36

dearde4n

Re: Gtmedia GTS root

Post by dearde4n »

i dont think its easy to do it.. latest firmware seems have locked bootloader.. and u need to patch that to root it..

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Sylar wrote:https://youtu.be/Muw-QZDOvZA

In gtc is very easy.

Please code or sustitute http with hxxp

bekimx

Post by bekimx »

can anyone send me the 6.2.41 zip file i cannot get this on ota online for Gtmedia GTS not gtc

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

There is no 6.2.41 in zip file, AFAIK 6.2.37 was the last firmware available as a zip, everything after that has been OTA (via internet). Be careful what files you put on your box, from another of your posts you said " I have the version 6.3.40 and I can scan channels without any problems. Previous version was as I remeber 6.3.37 " The '3' in the firmware version indicates you have a version 3 box and you cannot put a version 2 firmware on it, it will screw up the box I have been told by the Admins.

I also have a version 3 but it's a GTC, it screwed up when I took the 6.3.40 update and I have spent the last week working with the factory trying to fix it.... with no luck. No one here knows why they stopped posting the updates in zip form but it's causing lots of problems.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

bekimx

Post by bekimx »

sorry it was a mistake with 6.3.40 it shows me only 6.2.40 to update i am on 6.2.36 now

Rety11

Post by Rety11 »

Any news how to root gtmedia gtc

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Please check my link how to root

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9947&start=25

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Note:

Be advise that rooting your box will void any warranty thus will result in the unit not able to auto update by internet any longer.

If you try to update into future GT Media releases it will not allow you

Do it under your risk!!

Kokiwiii

Post by Kokiwiii »

cpr43 wrote:Note:

Be advise that rooting your box will void any warranty thus will result in the unit not able to auto update by internet any longer.

Do it under your risk!!
it's a XXXX? Is this an Android box or does it have an iOS OS?
that we can not root is absurd. blocking ads is essential in many applications.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Kokiwiii wrote:
cpr43 wrote:Note:

Do it under your risk!!
it's a XXXX? Is this an Android box or does it have an iOS OS?
that we can not root is absurd. blocking ads is essential in many applications.
Not it is not a XXXX. This is a FTA forum not a XXXX contest forum. You root, your risk. Do not come back asking why your box is not auto autoupdating via internet when new releases. Absurd is to do it and then come back asking for help!!

Kokiwiii

Post by Kokiwiii »

The Android operating system is characterized by being open source. it is understood that it is manipulable. we can access root if it is our desire or need. We understand that that cancels the guarantee but do not come to threaten that we will not receive OTA.
freesat should publish the updates in different formats. I should post images of the firmwares and not subject users to this situation.
Many of us have our GTC units unusable because the brand could not do things well. nor adequate firmwares, with more problems than solutions (2.40 for example)
We need the right people to make a statement about it. lining, rambo, feralkiwi !? Where are you?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Kokiwiii wrote:The Android operating system is characterized by being open source. it is understood that it is manipulable. we can access root if it is our desire or need. We understand that that cancels the guarantee but do not come to threaten that we will not receive OTA.
freesat should publish the updates in different formats. I should post images of the firmwares and not subject users to this situation.
Many of us have our GTC units unusable because the brand could not do things well. nor adequate firmwares, with more problems than solutions (2.40 for example)
We need the right people to make a statement about it. lining, rambo, feralkiwi !? Where are you?
I am the right people. I am sorry but they are gone for a long time. So if you root your device go ask who explained you to do it with your concerns. You dont root, well stay put and wait like we all are doing it for GT Media to solve the issues. And be advice that you will need to deal with me or find some where else place. Sorry

By the way take a minute and read forum rules here:
https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10263

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”