[SOLVED]Recovery mode looping

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Dan28

[SOLVED]Recovery mode looping

Post by Dan28 »

I tried to reset my GTC but it's stuck in a boot loop "Erasing.." the screen keeps flashing every few seconds. I've unplugged it and waited a bit everytime i power on it's stays on this screen showing "boot" on the display.
Last edited by Dan28 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Ron

Re: Recovery mode looping

Post by Captain Ron »

Have you gone to the software section for the GTC and you will find an instructions on (Forced Upgrade), the Instructions there say it can help the GTC to boot when its stuck. ..... https://www.freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=12827

I don't have a GTC so I haven't tried it but you may want to at least look at this option.

Good Luck and Beers to you! :D

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

I've been having issues with the forum when using search or clicking on links to threads, I just keep getting error messages or i get logged out.

The link works you gave me so i will try that, Thanks.

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

Does anyone have or know where i can get the original GTC v2 firmware to try andrecover my box because i don't think i will get a response until tuesday from any admins.

I don't have long left to return it if i cannot fix, I will have to send it back to the seller and have them send me a new one, It's not my fault a factory reset turned it into a paper weight.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Dan28 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:02 am
Does anyone have or know where i can get the original GTC v2 firmware to try andrecover my box because i don't think i will get a response until tuesday from any admins.

I don't have long left to return it if i cannot fix, I will have to send it back to the seller and have them send me a new one, It's not my fault a factory reset turned it into a paper weight.
PM sent

ccosta

Post by ccosta »

I have the same problem.
Can you send me the link to the original GTC v2 firmware
Thank you

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

I can send you what the link in PM that i was sent for you to try, It just doesn't work for me, I'm pressing "MENU" constantly and nothing. It just keeps loading the "Erasing" screen on a loop and nothing else. I'm waiting for a response from Lining. If you get it working let me know.

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

I got it working with usb burning tool but it's now stuck on a test screen and I cannot exit Image

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Dan

When you are on the screen that is all in Chinese you click on the menu button and you will get a video, being on that screen of the video click on the Home button and you will enter the normal menu. If you do not see the main menu, repeat the menu and home steps again. Already in the main menu you can access to put version a good version from usb and then later update to the version that you think is going well.with the 37.

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

It worked thanks, But when i turn off and back on it will go back to that screen every time. I tried the other file lining sent me in the zip "GTC_v2.0_C20.A6.2.43_20190128.zip" i renamed it to "gtmediaupdate.zip" and put it on USB and press "MENU" during boot and it installed but still stayed on that screen after boot.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

See if you can do some factory resets:

Factory reset as follows
Go to Setting (the one in the main menu, initial screen)
Storage and Reset.
Factory Data Reset.
Enter the extended menu and make a Factory Reset
Settings / Tools
More Settings
Backup & Reset
Factory Data Reset.
Yes, 2 times

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

I did two factory resets as you said but it still loads into that screen. The box is working when i exit it, I just need to figure out how to stop that loading.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Dan28 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:20 pm
I did two factory resets as you said but it still loads into that screen. The box is working when i exit it, I just need to figure out how to stop that loading.
Did the box update to V.45 via internet??

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

Yeah when i loaded the box with ethernet connected it popped up to update.

Firmware version: GTC C20 A6 2.45 20190402, I sure that is the same version it was before the box broke.

It must be loading in a read only mode because i scanned for tv channels and installed a few apps i then unplugged the cable and plugged it back in and now the apps and tv channels are gone. My google account is still linked though.

It maybe something to do with android recovery menu but i cannot access it, When i press "MENU" it goes to upgrading i don't have USB or SD card in.

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

I think i've fixed it now everything seems to be working correctly even after removing power multiple times.

I downloaded an old firmware (2.32) from

Code: Select all

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-marshmallow-6-0-1-firmware-for-gtmedia-gtc-tv-box.html
only the middle link works ( filefactory ) but it is very slow to download and took me over 3 hours. I renamed it to "gtmediaupdate.zip" and put it on USB and did the USB upgrade by pressing "MENU". After it booted it still showed the test screen but i pressed "EXIT" on the remote and it closed and the home screen showed up. I finally kept upgrading to the latest version through ota update.

I've uploaded it to onedrive so it should be faster to download

Code: Select all

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am9K_STXmhPfgoM0Dc2GYCdI2ldqfw

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”