Antenna signal lost after installation original firmware

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

DerickR

Antenna signal lost after installation original firmware

Post by DerickR »

Hi,

After complete installation of the factory's original firmware, the antenna signal has been lost. How to restore the signal?

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Antenna signal lost after installation original firmware

Post by cpr43 »

DerickR wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 am
Hi,

After complete installation of the factory's original firmware, the antenna signal has been lost. How to restore the signal?
You need to let it set connected to internet so it can download updated version 45 which fix this problem

MarionBlack

Post by MarionBlack »

I have question to others:
Do You think that signal is available but worse than in the previous firmware ( for ex. V39)

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

MarionBlack ...... A Satellite Receivers sensitivity to signals (ability to pickup/lock weak TP's and get channels) that another receiver cannot get is usually more a factor of hardware and the users Dish Tuning than a matter of software like an update..

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

Do you have another satellite box to try to see if the problem is the receiver or satellite dish alignment/coax/connector, etc. problem? If diffrent receiver works ok on your current setup, the problem would be the receiver that you changed software. Process of elimination.

DerickR

Post by DerickR »

Confirmed. With another satellite box works well, so the problem is not with the antenna. A different receiver works well in your current configuration, so the problem is with the GTC Box after installing version 45 software. How to fix ???

DerickR

Post by DerickR »

cpr43 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:00 pm
DerickR wrote:
Hi,

You need to let it set connected to internet so it can download updated version 45 which fix this problem
version 45 was already installed. After installing this version the probelma appeared. It's strange because with another box the signal exists

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

DerickR wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 am
cpr43 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:00 pm
DerickR wrote:
Hi,

version 45 was already installed. After installing this version the probelma appeared. It's strange because with another box the signal exists
Can you try choosing port 1 in Diseqc 1.0 even if you do not have a diseqc switch?? Also make sure settings are the same from another working box and this one.

DerickR

Post by DerickR »

Hy,
My problem persists. I can not get the parabolic antenna signal for DVB-S / S2 as my GTC box.
I tested at a friend's house with a large antenna and it works great. With my antenna of 90cm does not work, because it does not capture the antenna signal. Before the BOX worked very well.
Can you help me?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

To help others understand your problem, before you installed the (original software) what software number was installed & date, and were you able to receive channels that you were watching with your (90cm) plus from what satellite.
From what you say, you went to a friends location who has a (large antenna) (what size) and you were able to receive the channels that you were watching before you installed the original software, which may be down to dish size, sensitivity of the tuner of the receiver.
Hope this helps in getting more replies to solve your problem.

Den

DerickR

Post by DerickR »

Hy,

My box was in trouble, with loss of list of satellites and difficulty to reset. It was possible to reset and install the software automatically, first by installing the August 2018 version (20) and then the last version (45). I bought the GTC box in May 2018 and until February 2019, everything was fine. The satellite is Hispasat 30W. Apart from the free channels, I had the MEO and NOS channels. With the same antenna of 90 cm the GTC box does not capture the signal.

In a friend's antenna type "Band C" with 2m diameter my box captures the signal and works without problems for the same satellite (Hispasat 30W) and the same channels.

If before the box worked with my antenna (90 cm) why does not it now work with the same antenna?

I'm waiting for support.
JG

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Sometimes two or even three things happen at nearly the same time and you may think they are all connected when they really aren't. You said you got the signal and channels but now you do not so its the receivers fault but you also said your dish is 90cm, that is only (2.95 feet) in diameter and that is flat out too small for C-Band.

I'm really surprised its picking up anything at all on C-Band, you need a big dish 6 - 8 - 10 feet diameter like your friend has that you spoke about in order to pick up a good signal on C-Band (Your 90cm dish is really meant for Directv or Dishnet type Ku signals only) .

To get a consistent C-Band signal a 6 foot diameter dish is really the absolute minimum, a larger 10ft dish is needed on some satellites that have a weak signal on some TP's, some signals are easy to get and some are not. Also things like clouds and rain, tree's in the way, and this time of year the trees are growing and covered in leaves. etc and that will also reduce (or stop) the amount of signal your dish and receiver gets from a satellite.

A big 8-10 foot C-Band BUD Dish are what people here on this site are generally using for their GTmedia receivers for DVB-S2 like the GTC, GTS, V7, V8 Nova's, and its what you need to pick up C-Band signals off of satellites. So my advice would be to install a big 10foot mesh C-Band dish if you can do it.

Good Luck and Beers to you!

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Captain Ron wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 pm
you also said your dish is 90cm, that is only (2.95 feet) in diameter and that is flat out too small for C-Band.
DerickR
The satellite is Hispasat 30W. Apart from the free channels, I had the MEO and NOS channels. With the same antenna of 90 cm the GTC box does not capture the signal.
Lyngsat shows two Hispasat at 30w, and both are Ku with no Cband, so his antenna should be ok. He may have other problems as you mention, try doing the box swap test but in the other house... that should show where the problem is.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi you tried on your friends dish that is ku or cband what freq came in there? Did you check your lnb settings on the gtc as its working on the other box. I know its been asked but i'm going by the book did you set the gtc the way your other box antenna settings are is your lnb power on go through every setting ? Do you have leaves on trees in view of satellite hispasat? did the leaves just start.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

I'm thinking it may be a LNB config problem, after doing the software update the antena configuration will have been erased. Looking at the Lyngsat data it will need a universal LNB , normally 9750/10600 so thats where I would start. Something else is what is the time frame between working and not working, if it's a couple of days I doubt obstructions will have happened, but if its a month or so then trees etc may have an effect.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

DerickR

Post by DerickR »

Dear Captain Ron and all,

Thank you for the answer, but replacing the 90cm antenna for a larger one, may be a solution, but it does carry an additional cost. You should be aware that before the box works well with the antenna of 90 cm, so I think the problem is not with the antenna.

Someone said that may be the LNB config problem, after doing the software update the antenna configuration will have been erased.

Regarding trees, leaves, rains, there is none of this.

For the test, I will try another LNB and another 90 cm antenna. Soon I will give anything,

Thank you all
JG

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”