GTC Problem

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

TommyW

GTC Problem

Post by TommyW »

Hello,

I recently got a GTC with the satellite and terrestrial capabilities. It arrived today and I unhooked my old satellite receiver and plugged the cable in to the GTC in "LNB IN" and was able to get most of my satellite channels no problem. I then(with a coax adapter) plugged in my OTA antenna into the "RF IN" port. I live in the US and under setup for "AREA" there is no option for United States. I just selected random countries and I was unable to get any local signal whatsoever. I then manually selected frequencies and set the bandwidth to 6Mhz which is correct for the frequencies I'm trying here in the US, and for the correct frequency for the channels I try I do not get any signal strength whatsover at all no matter what I do I cannot get any of my terrestrial channels. I then take the same cable that is plugged into the "RF IN" on the GTC and plug it back into my other OTA receiver and get all of my local channels no problem at all. Trying to figure out why my GTC is not seeing any thing from the "RF IN" port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: GTC Problem

Post by juan_vale »

Hi TommyW

You, like me. didn't read (or understand) the fine print in the specs....SOL

Read here >> viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12404&p=49514#p49514 <<

:cry: :evil:
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

TommyW

Post by TommyW »

That is just unbelievable that they wouldn't mention that in BIG print somewhere seeing as you have the option of getting a US plug for it when buying. And also as well if you choose cable on the box it gives you the option for "US". Why give the option for "US" for cable but not OTA. I'm assuming this would be hardware issue and not fixable by an update but I like you got this specifically for this as well to be able to have all my channels together.

How about a software update to allow me then to plug in my own USB tuner(hauppage) in the box that lets it work and and have my OTA channels with my satellite channels since I can't pick them up with the built in tuner?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

You have some good questions, sorry I can't give you an answer. I would think it could be fixed by sofware... I mean who watches US cable with this box.. no one... so it should be easy for them to substitute the function. The big problem they have is the Devs are all in the Far East and they have no ATSC_TV to test on. I have pointed out to them in emails they are missing out on one of the biggest TV markets...but they don't seem to care. So for the time being I will use my 25USD Digital TV converter.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Africa, Europe, Australia,etc use DVB-T/DVB-T2 signals for their TV's on rooftopTerrestrial TV --- This area is what the GTC works on

North America, and S. Korea are pretty much the only places that use ATSC - The GTC Terrestrial part won't work here.

South America uses SBTVD-T signals for their TV's on rooftop antenna. - GTC Terrestrial probably won't there either.

There are maps out there that show what countries use what type rooftop signals for TV.

(ATSC is pretty good quality, ATSC 3.0 that is coming out will allow UHDTV 4k over the rooftop, S. Korea already has it and the USA/Canada will start getting it soon (some TV stations in the USA are already testing 4k over the air broadcasting.)

TommyW

Post by TommyW »

Is this what I need then?

Code: Select all

https://www.ebay.com/p/Freesat-V7-Combo-Satellite-Receiver-Full-1080p-Dvb-s2-ATSC-Support-PowerVu/853573491#ProductDetails
Will this receiver do what I want???

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

V7 Combo ATSC will work

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

TommyW wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 am

If you get a genuine unit, not a clone, then you should be ok. I see that unit will ship from Hong Kong but maybe not from the GTMedia factory. If you get a clone then it won't last long, read other peeps experiences of buying online from dubious sources.
If you look here

https://www.freesat.cc/c/gt-media_0371
you will see it is no longer listed, I believe it is one of the models that dissapeared when GTMedia took over.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

TommyW wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 am

I would wait about 6 months to 1 year and get an STB with ATSC 3.0 that will allow you to play 4k TV from your rooftop antenna onto your 4k TV set.

That GTmedia V7 only does ATSC 2.0 which is what we watch today over the air, it won't do the ATSC 3.0 when it comes out.

Do you remember in 2009 when our TV's went from analog to digital and stores like Radio Shack and Walmart sold the digital STB tuners?

You will know its coming soon when the stores like Best Buy, Walmart, etc start pushing their TV's with the ATSC 3.0 TV Tuner in them and STB's come out so that people that already own a 4k TV won't need to buy a new TV to get it.

TommyW

Post by TommyW »

Thank you for all your replies. I'm not to worried about 4k at the moment I still have a 1080p TV that I watch TV on in my living room. I can buy another receiver when the time comes to switch. Right now I'm using a Channel Master DVR+ for OTA(or Xbox with usb tuner if I have 2 things recording and want to watch something different) and a cheapo $20 ebay satellite receiver for my satellite channels. The cheap satellite receiver works well but the interface is awful and I like the GTC interface much better, and I would be using it instead for satellite now if it weren't for the fact the tuner inside is weaker than the cheap unit I have. I can't get infowars on galaxy 16 with the GTC but can with my cheap receiver. I'm gonna try to get the V7 I guess and see how it does and go from there when 4k comes out.

TommyW

Post by TommyW »

This is what I wound up ordering. I will let you know how it works when it arrives.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Full-HD-ATSC-DVB-S2-Digital-Receiver-Support-Wifi-USB-PVR-and-USB-HDD/152818288193?var=452539150688

nzl229

Post by nzl229 »

TommyW wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 am
Hello,

I recently got a GTC with the satellite and terrestrial capabilities. It arrived today and I unhooked my old satellite receiver and plugged the cable in to the GTC in "LNB IN" and was able to get most of my satellite channels no problem. I then(with a coax adapter) plugged in my OTA antenna into the "RF IN" port. I live in the US and under setup for "AREA" there is no option for United States. I just selected random countries and I was unable to get any local signal whatsoever. I then manually selected frequencies and set the bandwidth to 6Mhz which is correct for the frequencies I'm trying here in the US, and for the correct frequency for the channels I try I do not get any signal strength whatsover at all no matter what I do I cannot get any of my terrestrial channels. I then take the same cable that is plugged into the "RF IN" on the GTC and plug it back into my other OTA receiver and get all of my local channels no problem at all. Trying to figure out why my GTC is not seeing any thing from the "RF IN" port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The GTC doesn't support ATSC-Terrestrial that transmit signals over the air.
Only supports ATSC-Cable that transmits signals through cable.
The hardware of GTC is not compatible with ATSC-Terrestrial.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”