Subtitles disappear after exporting or importing the channel list

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

joviedop104

Subtitles disappear after exporting or importing the channel list

Post by joviedop104 »

I'm trying to make subtitles work for some channels in 61w Amazonas 5. The first time GTC scan the channels, subtitles pids are available and it works.
Once I export the channels to reorder the list as I want to, this pids of subtitle and PMT are NOT in the channels information, looking to make it work I added just the subtitles pids. Although the subtitles pid were added after importing the channel list, this is not shown in the DETAIL section of the channel information and the subtitles are not working.

Is there another way to make this work with a custom ordered list?
Can the list be edited from the BOX with a text editor?
Does anyone knows how to add PMT pid in the xml, is it necessary?

Here is an example HBO for Amazonas 5, the subtitle information was added by me:

<transponder original_network_id="1" ts_id="10" frequency="12429893" symbol_rate="29999000" polarisation="V">
<program name="xxxHBO" service_id="30" channel_number="170" type="1" scrambled="true" parental_lock="false" skip="false" id="2441" plp_id="255" sdt_version="11" default_channnel_num="170" lcn="2463" fav="0">
<video pid="1221" format="mpeg2"/>
<pcr pid="1221"/>
<audio pid="1225" format="mpeg" language="spa"/>
<audio pid="1240" format="mpeg" language="eng"/>
<subtitle pid="1223" language="spa"/>
</program>

I tried with both alternative of import the channel list
INSTALATION->DB Management->Import DVB Data
TV Setting->DB Management->Import DVB Data

Thanks to all,
Johan
Attachments
Details after importing the xml file
Details after importing the xml file
AfterImporting.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 1572 times
Details before exporting the xml file
Details before exporting the xml file
BeforeExporting.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 1572 times

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: Subtitles disappear after exporting or importing the channel list

Post by juan_vale »

As you say, the subtitle pid is not dumped when you do a backup, if it is intentional or a dropoff I don't know but the Devs reading this should be able to help, I don't use the subtitle function, so I have never noticed this problem. The fact that they are there and work before you dump the channel list to me indicates a dropoff.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

joviedop104

Post by joviedop104 »

I know subtitle feature works, because I'm available of enable/disable them the first time I scan for channels.
What bothers me is that even I'm adding the subtitles information in the imported list, this is not applied in the box.

Is there a way to order the first list, that one I get from scanning channels, manually going on the linux folders? /user/...

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

I haven't used subtitles either but i know they can be stored in the internal database "dvb.db"

You can find it at "/data/data/com.amlogic.tvservice/databases/" and you can use

Code: Select all

https://sqlitebrowser.org/
to edit it. I just use ftpget/put but you'll need an ftp server.

svr_table is what you want to edit.

current_sub
sub_pids
sub_types
sub_composition_page_ids
sub_ancillary_page_ids
sub_langs
If you don't know what they are or what they should be. You will need to do a fresh scan and copy the database to figure out how the subtitles values are set then apply them to the other channels in your custom list.

Make a backup before editing it just if something goes wrong. You may also need to kill the dvb app or restart your box for it to reload the database. ( I think that maybe related to the epg bug when no data is shown because the dvb app is not getting the new epg data from the database even though it does contain it ).

You can order the channels from the database or the xml file. It's just a pain to do when you have loads of channels, Also If you want the channel numbers to start other than from 1 then you only need to set the LCN numbers and enable LCN from TV Settings -> LCN On. I wouldn't suggest using the database to edit channels because it repeats a lot of values for channel numbers which you have edit most if not all of them for each channel which is just more time consuming.

If you want to add channels to favourites you can use these ids.

1 - Entertainment
2 - Lifestyle
4 - Movies
8 - Sports
16 - News
32 - Documentaries
64 - Kids
128 - Music
256 - Shopping
512 - Religious
I don't use the custom favourites so i don't know the ids of them.

joviedop104

Post by joviedop104 »

Dan28 Thank for your detailed explanation, but I'm having some problems; I hope you can help me.

I have a FTP server running but folder"/data" appears empty, I may have no permissions to read/write files in this folder.

Did you change anything in the box to access this files?

- joviedop104

Dan28

Post by Dan28 »

Check the PM

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”