Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Freesat GTC vs GTMedia GTC

Post by cpr43 »

demlasjr wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:31 pm
Hello everyone!

I want to know, Freesat GTC is a clone/fake of GTMedia GTC or are both original?
I can't find the date of release of the GTC model, but Freesat GTC is like 15 euros cheaper than GTMedia GTC. What's the difference? It's the same hardware and software? How can I detect a fake product?

Thank you.
Hello and Welcome

Read in here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5646

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9927

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

demlasjr wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 pm
Hi cpr43,

Yes, I read that before posting, however, I cannot find when GTC has been manufactured (the date). I read comments from people who wrote they have it since 1 and half year ago, however in this forum HERE, GTC appears like a 2019 product. Is that correct? All Freesat GTC are fake?
I guest you read but did not understand. All original products were originally released under the Freesat brand. Some were caught in between at the end of 2018 , so in 2019 they all were re-brand to GT Media along with new released products. As of today we haven't see the GTC to be cloned. So Freesat or Gt media GTC are original.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

demlasjr wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 pm
Please someone let me know if it's the same hardware, same software and will receive the same updates, since I'm pending to make an order ASAP and Freesat it's cheaper due to "inventory clearing".

Thanks in advance.
I have no other way to tell you. Freesat is the same as GT media. The Freesat was the original models which later changed to GT media. There are 2 different firmwares versions beginning with GTC or GC. Can't tell if hardware for both are the same. Can't tell if we have Freesat and GT Media using both versions. I suggest you read around.

Also, it will help if you let us know what will be the used of yours? FTA, PowerVu, Biss or IKS internet based such as CCcam, Clines, newcamd etc??

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

demlasjr wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:05 pm
I will use them with cccam and iptv.

I insisted because I don't want older hardware and older OS installed on it without being able to get new one due to limitations, lag and issues. There can be the same product, but v1, v2, v3 and so on, with small improvement. I understood perfectly your details, the price difference is pretty high for the quantity i need, but I still don't trust buying the Freesat version.
OK, thanks for the input. I do not do cccam or iptv so I hope other Mod or member can help you.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”