Deskey no letters available

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

p_siewierski

Deskey no letters available

Post by p_siewierski »

Hi
Just bought this box Freesat GTC Receptor DVB-S2 DVB-C DVB-T2 ISDB-T Amlogic S905D Android 6.0 tv,

GTMedia

but I can't use NEWCAM Desk key with letters. Only Numbers are available ,
How I can type letters as well?

Is it possible?

Thanks

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: Deskey no letters available

Post by juan_vale »

Hi there p_siewierski and welcome to the forum,
I had never noticed this problem but I will bring it to the attention of the devs as what is needed there is a HexDec keyboard, I think they assumed that everyone uses the default DesKey and left it at that. Anyway I have a workaround for you and it doesnt take very much work on your part.

First you have to pull up the WEBIF in the browser of your pc. You will find the WEBIF at the IP of the box and then add :8081 at the end... you will end up with something like 192.168.1.88:8081. This will open the WEBIF and then look for "READERS" and select that tab. In the list of items you will find the Newcamd line you set up in the menu. (If you did not save a Newcamd line because of the HexDec problem then go ahead and save it with the incorrect DesKey as you are going to edit it in the WEBIF, reboot after saving for changes to be valid)

Ok.. so you find your line in the READERS tab and to the right hand side there is an 'edit' button (pencil icon), select edit and go down to the bottom of the page and you will find the KEY box... there you can add whatever you want. After editing at the very bottom there is a 'SAVE' button, save and reboot the box to apply changes. If you now check the line in the GTC menu you will see whatever letters you have added. Make sure you select the correct line before you edit so as not to mess up another line.

If you have problems get back to me, maybe better by PM if you want to discuss in detail. Good luck.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

p_siewierski

Re: Deskey no letters available

Post by p_siewierski »

Hi.
I found :8081 is a solution to change letters.
Thanks

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”