Extenal wifi usb

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

wagih

Extenal wifi usb

Post by wagih »

Dear all GTC users....did any one try to use external wifi usb???? I HAVE TRIED but it didnt work I have alfa usb and I want to use it for wifi signal boostering .. Can any one please know how to install drivers for such usb..thanks in advance

wagih

Re: Extenal wifi usb

Post by wagih »

Please admin.... any help???

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: Extenal wifi usb

Post by juan_vale »

wagih wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm
Please admin.... any help???
Hello wagih,
What you are trying to do has never been a feature of the GTC series, so I don't believe it will be easy to do. You will have a series of problems, (1) how to disable the internal wifi, (2) how to load the drivers as access to the file system is very limited. I have drivers for the 5370 chipset which I have loaded to my PC and they work well, but they are for Windows.. not for Android.
I think the best way for you to go is buy a Bridge/Access Point which has a RJ45 output and use that with a short LAN cable to get the internet to the box. You only need one unit as your modem has the wifi A/P already running.You can find these units on E-Bay for abot $30US. You will use it in Bridge mode, easy to set up, just a little more complicated than connecting to a wifi on your celfone.
Sorry to be negative, but just trying to save some time.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”