GTS box 27.5 W problem

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

TibAnd

GTS box 27.5 W problem

Post by TibAnd »

My Gts box refuses to stand at 27.W in USALS with a motorized rotator. 30W and 22W work. What is the solution?

TibAnd

Re: GTS box 27.5 W problem

Post by TibAnd »

TibAnd wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:02 pm
My Gts box refuses to stand at 27.W in USALS with a motorized rotator. 30W and 22W work. What is the solution?
I find it completely unnecessary to ask anything on this forum because no one cares. :roll:

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

TibAnd wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:10 pm
TibAnd wrote:
I find it completely unnecessary to ask anything on this forum because no one cares. :roll:
I don't have a GTS, but I have a GTC which is the bigger brother and although I use a motor to move my antenna it is not coupled to the receiver by Diseqc or USALS, but from what I read from others who have tried to use the GTC with a motor there are problems... see here >> viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6185 <<

The people on here can only give advice on their experiences and I would think that the number of people who use a GTS with a motor setup can be counted on one hand... that is why you are not being overwhelmed with replies. Maybe an email to the factory will get you better results... sorry. :cry:
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

TibAnd

Post by TibAnd »

:) Thanks.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

If you are after the BBC (BACKSAT) channels the only receiver to scan the channels in and clear them is the new model V8x.
All that you will get would be (NO CHANNELS FOUND)

Den

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

TibAnd wrote:
My understanding of USALS is you program your position with the motor at the top dead center of your arc and from there it goes counting the degrees left or right according to what you have programmed as the orbital position of each satellite.
I am wondering if you are telling the motor that Intelsat 901 is at 27.0w when in fact it is at 27.5w as shown in Lyngsat/Flysat, you could be off by half a degree which may be your problem.. Or are you saying that it doesn't even stop around the 27 degree west point. If you can provide a little more info maybe someone else can help you. Irrespective of what is on that satellite the motor should stop when you get to the position programmed.

TibAnd

Post by TibAnd »

The problem is that the motor is set to 22W, but if I start to 27.5W from 22W, the motor will not start. It doesn't matter what position the motor is in. It doesn't go to 27.5W either. with a box (V7) the motor smoothly rests on the desired moon. What you suggested I will try and write about the developments.

TibAnd

Post by TibAnd »

juan_vale wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm
TibAnd wrote:
My understanding of USALS is you program your position with the motor at the top dead center of your arc and from there it goes counting the degrees left or right according to what you have programmed as the orbital position of each satellite.
I am wondering if you are telling the motor that Intelsat 901 is at 27.0w when in fact it is at 27.5w as shown in Lyngsat/Flysat, you could be off by half a degree which may be your problem.. Or are you saying that it doesn't even stop around the 27 degree west point. If you can provide a little more info maybe someone else can help you. Irrespective of what is on that satellite the motor should stop when you get to the position programmed.
Well, I tried what you recommended, I switched from 27.5, first to 27 and then to 28, but nothing happens, the motor doesn't move in the same way. It's interesting that the channel is set to 30W and the channel can be found smoothly. The same situation it also works there on the 22W as well. As I have already written with another box (freesat v7hd) the engine starts smoothly and I also see a signal from the moon.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

If USALS work correctly with the V7HD then you are confirming what others have stated, the GTC/GTS have problems when using a motor to move the antenna. Hopefully the people at the factory will look into this problem and try and fix it in an update. Sorry I am not able to help any further as my system is different from yours. Good luck.

TibAnd

Post by TibAnd »

Pretty much everything needs to be fixed on the GTS software because it's full of bugs. Could there be an update since last year's last update. Or isn't it important because newer types have appeared? So no update?

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”