GTMEDIA GTT2 keeps restarting - now unusable

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

gtarella

GTMEDIA GTT2 keeps restarting - now unusable

Post by gtarella »

I have a GTMEDIA GTT2 DVBT2 with serial number GT28D1903559 that I bought on Amazon in July 2020. It has worked fine until yesterday when it started restarting over and over again and has now become unusable. I tried unplugging and restarting the box, also waiting for a few minutes before powering on, but is still restarted. I looked at the forums and found a suggestion to reset to factory default and followed the procedure but it seems not to have worked because it still has my wifi password stored and connects to the network. I took a video of the behavior this morning that I share here:

Code: Select all

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jJd53KiYD1Gx1qSS8
You see a message 17 seconds into the video saying "unfortunately media center has stopped" . I try to use the remote to go to settings but unfortunately the gtmedia logo appears as it restarts over and over, as you can see in the video. So now box is unusable.
Can you please suggest a way to restore the box to factory settings, maybe by reinstalling firmware.

And also can you suggest a keyboard t buy that I can use with the decoder to avoid using the remote and on-screen keyboard to enter userid and passwords?

Edited:

No live links Rule#18

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16325

pro

Re: GTMEDIA GTT2 keeps restarting - now unusable

Post by pro »

gtarella wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 am
I have a GTMEDIA GTT2 DVBT2 with serial number GT28D1903559 that I bought on Amazon in July 2020. It has worked fine until yesterday when it started restarting over and over again and has now become unusable. I tried unplugging and restarting the box, also waiting for a few minutes before powering on, but is still restarted. I looked at the forums and found a suggestion to reset to factory default and followed the procedure but it seems not to have worked because it still has my wifi password stored and connects to the network. I took a video of the behavior this morning that I share here:

Code: Select all

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jJd53KiYD1Gx1qSS8
You see a message 17 seconds into the video saying "unfortunately media center has stopped" . I try to use the remote to go to settings but unfortunately the gtmedia logo appears as it restarts over and over, as you can see in the video. So now box is unusable.
Can you please suggest a way to restore the box to factory settings, maybe by reinstalling firmware.

And also can you suggest a keyboard t buy that I can use with the decoder to avoid using the remote and on-screen keyboard to enter userid and passwords?

Keep pressing menu button while booting the box then go for factory reset.

gtarella

Re: GTMEDIA GTT2 keeps restarting - now unusable

Post by gtarella »

Thanks, I followed the procedure and it worked the 2nd time. First time I just kept the home button pressed and it did not work and second time I did click click click on the button all the time and it worked, it entered safe mode, and I managed to factory reset.

Great and thanks.

One last question: can you suggest an external keyboard to use with the box or a different product from your firm with the same functions plus a keyboard?

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”