GT Combo Black Screen

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Pog

GT Combo Black Screen

Post by Pog »

Hello. I received my new GT Combo today. I connected it via HDMI on 2 different TVs and even tried 3 different desktop monitors but it's always a Black Screen with No Signal from the device. I don't see any boot screen or anything else. The TVs don't even recognise that there is an HDMI device connected to them. I also used 3 different HDMI cables (including the one it came with). The GT Combo only has a solid green light on. Please help. Did I receive a dead device?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT Combo Black Screen

Post by Feralkiwi »

This sounds like the unit is not booting.

There are some guides here on forced recovery

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Pog

Post by Pog »

Ok so I formatted a USB drive to FAT32, copied the firmware file GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.6_20210604.zip and renamed it to gtmediaupdate.zip. Then, I powered on the device while holding down the menu button. Still a black screen.

Just FYI my device model is GC5X3SC-GR and serial number starts with GX2X3

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Don't hold down the menu button, repeat press it.

Also try the original file GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.6_20210604.zip

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Pog

Post by Pog »

Hi Owen. Here are the attempts I have made:

1a. Used a Fat32 USB 2.0 Drive containing firmware with its original file name. Repeatedly-pressed the Menu button after power on.
1b. Repeated step (1a) but with the firmware file renamed to "gtmediaupdate.zip".

2a. Used a Fat32 External Hard Drive containing firmware with its original file name. Repeatedly-pressed the Menu button after power on.
2b. Repeated step (2a) but with the firmware file renamed to "gtmediaupdate.zip".

Still no luck getting anything to show up on the screen.

Just a quick note: I suggest changing the documentation to say "Press repeatedly" instead of "Press continuously" as it can currently be mistaken as holding the button rather than pressing it multiple times.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I will ask Tom.w to look at this as the guide and method may not work for this newer GT Combo model.

Do you see the LED on the USB stick flash at any point while trying this recovery.
With other recovery on V8 / V7 models, no flash is not good.
Try a different USB stick.

Owen

Pog

Post by Pog »

Hi Owen. I tried another USB stick that has an LED and there's no light at all from either port.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I did ask Tom.w as to how this is done.
They have just started work in China, so I hope to have a reply soon.

Owen

Pog

Post by Pog »

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your help. I am now in touch with Tom via email. I'll post an update once we arrive at a conclusion.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”