GTCOMBO : problem memorization position satellite

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

zloty

GTCOMBO : problem memorization position satellite

Post by zloty »

Hello,

I live in Europe.

I have just received my GTCOMBO demodulator which will replace my old satellite demodulator.
I have a motorized dish with a 1.2 motor disecq.
I activated disecq 1.2 on the GTCOMBO and click on it to bring up the following page:

Ok I have found the physical position of the satellite that I am adjusting with the arrows "East" and "West", I have a signal and a good quality. It therefore remains for me to memorize the position of the satellite on the GTCOMBO in order to be able to switch to the next satellite.

I have a concern ! I can't figure out how to do it. I do not find in the list of what is offered to me a memorization solution that works, apart from maybe the last two lines which I do not understand anything in their use.

I tried to click on "Store Position" but nothing is memorized!

Can you help me ?

Thank you
ImageImageImage

STRETCH

Re: GTCOMBO : problem memorization position satellite

Post by STRETCH »

I think that this is one of many issues that they have with this receiver, even using (usals) i cannot get this receiver to do what i would like it to.
If they had this as a stand alone receiver with the 4.2.2 built in, if they used the V7 PRO/V8UHD as a temp plate, they will then have a very good receiver to be brought to the market.
But getting back to your issue, i think all you need to do is press (ok), also i have noticed one of your photo's is set to 9750/10500, should be set to 9750/10600.

Den

zloty

Post by zloty »

Good evening,

If I understand you correctly, you tell me to click on "Ok" when I am on the mention "Store position" and the position must be memorized on the GTcombo for the satellite "Thor" in my specific case here at 0.8 ° West ?
I take this opportunity to correct 9750/10600. Thanks.
ImageImageImage

zloty

Post by zloty »

No change. Still impossible to store these positions in my GTMEDIA COMBO. :|

I'm disappointed ! A next update to get out of all these problems? I hope ! :roll:
ImageImageImage

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

zloty wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:00 pm
No change. Still impossible to store these positions in my GTMEDIA COMBO. :|

I'm disappointed ! A next update to get out of all these problems? I hope ! :roll:
We hear you. GTMedia is working as I type with some fixing. Be patient, it will be taken care. Do not double post, please

zloty

Post by zloty »

Please excuse me for this error on the part. It was to answer STRETCH who had the sympathy to answer me yesterday to my first intervention on this forum after this discovery which worried me on my brand new device.

I only discovered the other post today. You reassure me with your official response and I will now be patient knowing that my problem has been taken into account by the engineers of GTMEDIA for the next update. Cordially. :)
ImageImageImage

zloty

Post by zloty »

Just for information. I have reinstalled my XXXXXXXXX receiver and I can again correctly pilot my motorized dish. Except that my satellite positions had been shifted. So I had to reset them all. Fortunately, without too much hassle. I am waiting for the update of the GTCOMBO, hoping not to be disappointed again. :|

It is still quite annoying to have to leave a brand new and normally technologically modern GTCOMBO device in the cupboard and to continue with an old device that is reliable. I'm a little nervous though, so the engineers don't keep us waiting for months! Thank you !
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have a splitter you can use your old unit to move the dish and then view the channels with the GTCombo.

I tested a new version over the weekend, but sadly it also does not save the positions for DiSEqC motor control.
USALS does work and save. Can you use USALS with your mover?
My Ku band motor does both.
If your mover is a box and wires and does not do USALS you can use you old box or the mover remote to move and only connect the LNB to the GTC. A bit messy but only until they fix the menu for saving positions.
I did find that for the first search on a USALS satellite, you needed to set it up in the motor control menu and go back one menu by pressing the exit button and there you will see only the red button option for search.
If you back again to the antenna menu, the DiSEqc commands for the current channel viewed are sent and the search will not be for the new USALS position.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

zloty

Post by zloty »

I find it very nice that a person like you, living on the other side of the planet compared to my place of residence, gives me some tips to help me wait for the release update of the GTMEDIA COMBO. Thank you so much ! This is also the bright side of the internet. :) :lol:
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You may also be able to use the channel editor on a PC to add the positions.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the information that (Owen) has posted, we all now know that they are working to get the issues fixed.
USALS wise, i was unable to get (V) channels, when i was scanning 30w, and then adding 27.5w to scan next, the motor would not go there, just stayed at 30w.
If they used the V7 Pro / V8UHD as a template, satellite wise and add the 4.2.2 they will be onto a winner.
When the new software hits the forum, all of us who have this model will give up dates.
I would again like to thank all the GTMedia team in supporting us, in trying to get this receiver as it should.

Den

zloty

Post by zloty »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:29 pm
You may also be able to use the channel editor on a PC to add the positions.

Owen

I have the PC I'm writing to you now. Can you give me a procedure for using this channel editor or direct me to a link or an explanatory video on the internet. I do not already see how to connect my PC and the GTMEDIA COMBO. By wifi? Thank you.
ImageImageImage

zloty

Post by zloty »

STRETCH wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:59 am

If they used the V7 Pro / V8UHD as a template, satellite wise and add the 4.2.2 they will be onto a winner.

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is 4.4.2?
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I will do some tests on this here and report back.

4.2.2 is a video format like MPeg3 Mpeg4 H264 etc used in up link feeds mostly.
4.2.2 does not open on most set top boxes, the GT Combo is the first.

owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I had a look at the DB user file.

The xml editor does not show any position and there is no position saved in the file that I can see with Notepad.

They still need to add this feature.
I advised them on this a few days ago as I tested a test version they sent me.

Owen

zloty

Post by zloty »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:17 pm
I had a look at the DB user file.

The xml editor does not show any position and there is no position saved in the file that I can see with Notepad.

They still need to add this feature.
I advised them on this a few days ago as I tested a test version they sent me.

Owen
I thank you for your details. I find it great this collaboration via this forum between the users who have the skills and the engineers to make the GT COMBO move forward quickly. Unfortunately, I don't have that knowledge and I'm just asking questions. But I am wholeheartedly with those who take part in this development. Well done again.
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I tested a test version last week that did save positions etc.

I don't know if that was included in the online release on Monday.
I expect it will come out soon.

Owen

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

yes
the last firmware has fixed this issue.
please check it

zloty

Post by zloty »

Thank you for the information. My GTDOMBO was in the closet (No XXXX) waiting for this update to arrive.
I was only monitoring the forum and this page

viewforum.php?f=56

which had not changed since May 28th. So the new firware can only be accessed by downloading directly to the device, is that right?

I am looking at this during the day and I am coming to give you an account of my findings as soon as possible. Have a good day. :)
ImageImageImage

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

zloty wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:59 am
Thank you for the information. My GTDOMBO was in the closet (No XXXX) waiting for this update to arrive.
I was only monitoring the forum and this page

viewforum.php?f=56

which had not changed since May 28th. So the new firware can only be accessed by downloading directly to the device, is that right?

I am looking at this during the day and I am coming to give you an account of my findings as soon as possible. Have a good day. :)
normally, the gtcombo can detect the upgradre firmware by itself.
if your box can not,please PM your box SN to me.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Download latest from here:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=22716

zloty

Post by zloty »

Hello;
As promised, I am coming to brief you on the update of my GTCOMBO
The update has taken place automatically without any problem from the device.
Indeed functions such as the weather display have been corrected.
But I regret to inform you that the recording of the position of the satellites still does not work!
For example, I record the azimuth of the THOR satellite at 0.8 ° West on position 1 with a functional reference frequency then I shift my dish via its disecs1.2 motor to record the Azimuth of the BULGARIASAT satellite at 1.9 ° East on position 2. When I return to position 1 of the THOR satellite, nothing happens, my motorized dish does not come to reposition itself on what I recorded in position 1 and remains where it was. Frozen at 1.9 ° East!
On the other hand, the West / East manipulation in fast or slow speed has been corrected and works correctly.
So I am always with a non-operational GTCOMBO because I cannot record the different positions of my satellites. And I have about forty to record from 68 ° East to 30 ° West!
What to do ? Thank you.
ImageImageImage

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ zloty
You may find it better to set up you receiver with (USALS), as i am writing this, i am scanning various satellites, the receiver memory's the position of each satellite scanned.
Use (dish pointer) to find your lat/long, plus it gives you other information.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you are in the motor setting menu for DiSEqC motor control, do you now see two options at the bottom of the list, one go to position and one save position?
It is the "Save Position" option that has been added in the test software and now 28 June software that I see and that works.
With USALS they still need to add a save for the Lat / Long after a User DB file reload.

Later today I will load a picture of this new menu option.

Owen

zloty

Post by zloty »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm
When you are in the motor setting menu for DiSEqC motor control, do you now see two options at the bottom of the list, one go to position and one save position?
It is the "Save Position" option that has been added in the test software and now 28 June software that I see and that works.
With USALS they still need to add a save for the Lat / Long after a User DB file reload.

Later today I will load a picture of this new menu option.

Owen
Yes, yes, I saw that the engineers had separated the two functions which is better.
But I can confirm that neither the store nor the "go to" function worked for me. All these functions are still not operational.
When with the "USALS" function, I am not very seduced to use it because I like the research of the reception of satellites with difficult reception. The reception of the signal of certain satellite frequencies is often played up a notch! And I think that this function is especially usable on powerful satellites like ASTRA, HOTBIRD, TURKSAT, HISPASAT, ect ... Making everything coincide from 68.5 ° East to 30 ° West for my case in France seems utopian!
And then thin! This device is for sale and must be functional in "Disecq 1.2" mode like its competitors on the market. I'm starting to get seriously annoyed! It is my sixth satellite receiver since I have been interested in satellite reception since 1992 to follow the technological evolution and it is the first time that I have a device which gives me such a problem, it is incredible !! !
I will end up regretting this purchase. Was buying an "all in one" a bad choice?
ImageImageImage

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”