Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: GTCOMBO : problem memorization position satellite

Post by Tom.w »

zloty wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:57 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm
When you are in the motor setting menu for DiSEqC motor control, do you now see two options at the bottom of the list, one go to position and one save position?
It is the "Save Position" option that has been added in the test software and now 28 June software that I see and that works.
With USALS they still need to add a save for the Lat / Long after a User DB file reload.

Later today I will load a picture of this new menu option.

Owen
Yes, yes, I saw that the engineers had separated the two functions which is better.
But I can confirm that neither the store nor the "go to" function worked for me. All these functions are still not operational.
When with the "USALS" function, I am not very seduced to use it because I like the research of the reception of satellites with difficult reception. The reception of the signal of certain satellite frequencies is often played up a notch! And I think that this function is especially usable on powerful satellites like ASTRA, HOTBIRD, TURKSAT, HISPASAT, ect ... Making everything coincide from 68.5 ° East to 30 ° West for my case in France seems utopian!
And then thin! This device is for sale and must be functional in "Disecq 1.2" mode like its competitors on the market. I'm starting to get seriously annoyed! It is my sixth satellite receiver since I have been interested in satellite reception since 1992 to follow the technological evolution and it is the first time that I have a device which gives me such a problem, it is incredible !! !
I will end up regretting this purchase. Was buying an "all in one" a bad choice?
hello
we will continue analyse this function.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

zloty wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:57 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm
When you are in the motor setting menu for DiSEqC motor control, do you now see two options at the bottom of the list, one go to position and one save position?
It is the "Save Position" option that has been added in the test software and now 28 June software that I see and that works.
With USALS they still need to add a save for the Lat / Long after a User DB file reload.

Later today I will load a picture of this new menu option.

Owen
Yes, yes, I saw that the engineers had separated the two functions which is better.
But I can confirm that neither the store nor the "go to" function worked for me. All these functions are still not operational.
When with the "USALS" function, I am not very seduced to use it because I like the research of the reception of satellites with difficult reception. The reception of the signal of certain satellite frequencies is often played up a notch! And I think that this function is especially usable on powerful satellites like ASTRA, HOTBIRD, TURKSAT, HISPASAT, ect ... Making everything coincide from 68.5 ° East to 30 ° West for my case in France seems utopian!
And then thin! This device is for sale and must be functional in "Disecq 1.2" mode like its competitors on the market. I'm starting to get seriously annoyed! It is my sixth satellite receiver since I have been interested in satellite reception since 1992 to follow the technological evolution and it is the first time that I have a device which gives me such a problem, it is incredible !! !
I will end up regretting this purchase. Was buying an "all in one" a bad choice?
Hello, friends, after you update the latest 0628 version, did you clear the data or use the previous XML DB file? You can try to reset the DVB system, and then try again, we can communicate with email or private message via WhatsApp, let me see the problems you are currently encountering,
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

zloty

Post by zloty »

Thank you for your idea Lining, I will leave with the "factory" parameters since I have not installed anything in particular for the moment in ANDROID and on the satellite side.
I will keep you posted on my results. Have a good day.
ImageImageImage

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Before i put this receiver back in the cupboard, i carried out a blind scan again on 30w, came up with 332 TV and 65 RADIO.
Found T2 M1 channels that do not clear (do not know what these are against) only found a few of the Abertis channels.

Den

zloty

Post by zloty »

STRETCH wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 pm
Before i put this receiver back in the cupboard, i carried out a blind scan again on 30w, came up with 332 TV and 65 RADIO.
Found T2 M1 channels that do not clear (do not know what these are against) only found a few of the Abertis channels.

Den
Oh you too, your GTCOMBO stays in the closet! :lol: :lol: :lol: Finally, I laugh "yellow"
Hopefully one day we'll be proud to see it installed near the TV. :roll:
I haven't had time to go do the "factory reset" test yet.
Good night all.
ImageImageImage

Isamu.Jones

Post by Isamu.Jones »

STRETCH wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Den
Hi!
I have also reported to the GTmedia Team the serious problems that the GTCombo has when searching for satellite channels. Detects DVB-S2 channels as T2MI which is a software bug.
Hopefully the Team can solve this problem soon, since the satellite signal search software is not reliable. Sometimes it finds more channels, other times less. The problem is rare.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

yes
the gtcombo is not stable,so our colleagues are hard working on it.
we will provide a perfect device for you.
Before that, We also need everyone’s help and problem verification.

Best Regards

zloty

Post by zloty »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:00 am
yes
the gtcombo is not stable,so our colleagues are hard working on it.
we will provide a perfect device for you.
Before that, We also need everyone’s help and problem verification.

Best Regards

No improvement after a "factory reset" of my GTCOMBO.
Still cannot use satellite positions stored in disc mode 1.2. My motorized satellite dish remains fixed! Fast or slow East / West movement always works correctly.
Gentlemen, engineers, at work, thank you for doing everything so that the next update finally fixes this important bug.
In the meantime, my GTCOMBO goes back to the closet (yes!) And I put my old XXXXXXXXXXX demodulator back in place, which has been functioning without problem for 5 years.
If I had known ! :cry
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

zloty wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:41 pm
No improvement after a "factory reset" of my GTCOMBO.
Still cannot use satellite positions stored in disc mode 1.2. My motorized satellite dish remains fixed! Fast or slow East / West movement always works correctly.
Gentlemen, engineers, at work, thank you for doing everything so that the next update finally fixes this important bug.
In the meantime, my GTCOMBO goes back to the closet (yes!) And I put my old XXXXXXXXXXX demodulator back in place, which has been functioning without problem for 5 years.
If I had known ! :cry
Is the position mover that you are having problems with a Ku dish mover like the one in your post signature?
I found that my Ku mover works fine with the positions, BUT my Vbox C band dish mover does not.

I have reported this to Tom.
There must be some difference of commands in the two types of movers.
While testing with my Vbox, the positions have all been destroyed and now I need to find each sat and reload them.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

zloty

Post by zloty »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 pm
Is the position mover that you are having problems with a Ku dish mover like the one in your post signature?
I found that my Ku mover works fine with the positions, BUT my Vbox C band dish mover does not.

I have reported this to Tom.
There must be some difference of commands in the two types of movers.
While testing with my Vbox, the positions have all been destroyed and now I need to find each sat and reload them.

Owen
No, the GIF animation of my signature is only an illustration. As we can not write marks of material (excuse me for this error), I put a link and a photo of the one I have. I have a classic 1.2 meter Aluminum Offset Parabola mounted on this engine. Have a good day

Code: Select all

https://www.2galli.fr/moteur-technomate-tm2600-c2x31865572
[/url]

Last edited by zloty on Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I find that the said motors are very good, i have three in use.

Den

zloty

Post by zloty »

STRETCH wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:59 am
I find that the said motors are very good, i have three in use.

Den
Yes, this engine is very reliable and efficient. For example, I often go on the INTELSAT 20 satellite (68.5 ° East) at the "East" end of the Clark belt for my place of residence where there are many channels. This azimuth is therefore at a very low elevation in France. This engine goes up from this low elevation without difficulty and its speed of movement as well as its precision of stopping. It must be said that all the gears are made of metal which is far from the case for other motors on the market. I would be sad not to find it on sale when one day it will end up "to die its beautiful death"!
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As I said my motor like that works OK for me.

I use it through a DiSEqC 1.1 8 port switch, Port 1 so that any power drop out keeps it on port one.
I use USALS to position it and then switch to DiSEqC control to fine tune it and save the position.

Are you using yours through any switching?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

zloty

Post by zloty »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:25 pm
As I said my motor like that works OK for me.

I use it through a DiSEqC 1.1 8 port switch, Port 1 so that any power drop out keeps it on port one.
I use USALS to position it and then switch to DiSEqC control to fine tune it and save the position.

Are you using yours through any switching?

Owen
When you speak of recording of positions, you speak in "USALS" mode? Because in "Disecq 1.2", the recording of positions is always impossible for on my GTCOMBO.

I didn't really understand your question, maybe the translation via "Google Translate". Can you rephrase your question for me differently. Thank you.
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The last software version should have fixed the issue and given you an extra option in the motor settings menu for "Save Position" next to the "Go To Position" option.
Are you using the latest version? 28 06 2021
I see this option as I have tested the test version, but GT Media assure me that when I load the public version all test features are removed and I see the same version as is released.
If you do not see this option please let us know.
You access the motor control menu by clicking on the motor option in the antenna menu.
In that second motor menu you will see the lines to enter your latitude and longitude if you choose USALS.

Regard the question. Are you using any DiSEqC switches in the LNB cable to you motor?
These then need the antenna setting for DiSEqC 1.0 or DiSEqC 1.2 port numbers to be set.
I ask as it is best to use port one of a switch for your motor as that is the default if any over current is detected and the LNB power is cut for a moment.

Owen

zloty

Post by zloty »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:18 pm
The last software version should have fixed the issue and given you an extra option in the motor settings menu for "Save Position" next to the "Go To Position" option.
Are you using the latest version? 28 06 2021
I see this option as I have tested the test version, but GT Media assure me that when I load the public version all test features are removed and I see the same version as is released.
If you do not see this option please let us know.
You access the motor control menu by clicking on the motor option in the antenna menu.
In that second motor menu you will see the lines to enter your latitude and longitude if you choose USALS.

Regard the question. Are you using any DiSEqC switches in the LNB cable to you motor?
These then need the antenna setting for DiSEqC 1.0 or DiSEqC 1.2 port numbers to be set.
I ask as it is best to use port one of a switch for your motor as that is the default if any over current is detected and the LNB power is cut for a moment.

Owen
Thank you very much for your detailed response. I will analyze it, and test your observations on my GTCOMBO and I will come back to you at the end of the week to bring you all the answers to your questions. Warmly.
ImageImageImage

zloty

Post by zloty »

The new update is disappointing. The command disecq "East / West" is again random and the scrolling of the choice of frequencies has become very slow.
I am no longer talking to you about memorizing positions! :cry:
ImageImageImage

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

zloty wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:09 pm
The new update is disappointing. The command disecq "East / West" is again random and the scrolling of the choice of frequencies has become very slow.
I am no longer talking to you about memorizing positions! :cry:
I sent you the new firmware, GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.9_20210715.zip, how is your test result?
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

zloty

Post by zloty »

Lining wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:39 am

I sent you the new firmware, GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.9_20210715.zip, how is your test result?
It is indeed this update which was carried out automatically on my device when it was put into service yesterday. Disappointing test result. No improvement, on the satellite position adjustment side, even with a loss of flexibility in the "East / West" settings and slower scrolling of the satellites.

But I would like other users to confirm my statements. Because I end up believing that I am the only one to have these worries !!
ImageImageImage

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I posted this in another thread.
Another fault is that the Latitude and Longitude are not reloaded correctly after a DB export / import.

The Latitude is replaced with the same value as the Longitude and the decimal places are removed and South is reset to North.

eg; set 123.4 east and 45.6 south and after reload you have 123.0 east and 123.0 north.

This will make USALS not work after reloading a DB.

Owen
Also I note that when using the DiSEqC east west move function in the DiSEqC motor control menu the LNB output is always changed to 13 volts, vertical, even if you are using a H TP for testing.
22kHz tone "ON" setting is also taken off, as it needs to be for the commands to be sent, but there is too long taken before this 22kHz tone is restored so a signal level can be taken.

Owen

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:08 pm
Another fault is that the Latitude and Longitude are not reloaded correctly after a DB export / import.

The Latitude is replaced with the same value as the Longitude and the decimal places are removed and South is reset to North.

eg; set 123.4 east and 45.6 south and after reload you have 123.0 east and 123.0 north.

Owen
Also I note that when using the DiSEqC east west move function in the DiSEqC motor control menu the LNB output is always changed to 13 volts, vertical, even if you are using a H TP for testing.
22kHz tone "ON" setting is also taken off, as it needs to be for the commands to be sent, but there is too long taken before this 22kHz tone is restored so a signal level can be taken.

Owen
When moving motor, switching to 13 voltage will be helpful when using big dish.
And we will optimize the software motor rotating time according to the longitude difference.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

alex.c wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:03 am
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen

Owen
And we will optimize the software motor rotating time according to the longitude difference.
It was not "motor rotating time" I was seeing, it is the time after the 22kHz tone has been used to send commands to the motor before the 22kHz tone is "ON" again as set by the TP you are seeing signal strength on.
No signal strength or quality can be seen until the full antenna setting for that TP is fully restored.

At present the 22kHz tone is turned off, then the command is sent, then there is a long delay before the 22kHz tone is turned on again.

Any "motor rotating time" will not matter as if it is a long time, the unit will re send the command while it is still moving.

Switching to 13 volts is not happening always. The best I can find is that 13v or 18v is used while sending motor commands depending on what the current channel is using.
I would think 18v would be better as there would be less current at higher voltage.

As other users have said the DiSEqC motor controls are not working, I can not move the dish east or west to set a position.
USALS is working after you correct the latitude setting after a DB re load.

Owen

zloty

Post by zloty »

Thank you for coming to confirm these problems because I do not have your technical skills to express them. But we are talking about the same thing. And I feel less alone. :)
ImageImageImage

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:46 am
alex.c wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:03 am
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen

Owen
It was not "motor rotating time" I was seeing, it is the time after the 22kHz tone has been used to send commands to the motor before the 22kHz tone is "ON" again as set by the TP you are seeing signal strength on.
No signal strength or quality can be seen until the full antenna setting for that TP is fully restored.

At present the 22kHz tone is turned off, then the command is sent, then there is a long delay before the 22kHz tone is turned on again.

Any "motor rotating time" will not matter as if it is a long time, the unit will re send the command while it is still moving.

Switching to 13 volts is not happening always. The best I can find is that 13v or 18v is used while sending motor commands depending on what the current channel is using.
I would think 18v would be better as there would be less current at higher voltage.

As other users have said the DiSEqC motor controls are not working, I can not move the dish east or west to set a position.
USALS is working after you correct the latitude setting after a DB re load.

Owen
OK, I will check again about the 22k restore time.

zloty

Post by zloty »

I finally have time to properly test the new update. I will get back to you as soon as possible to give you an overview of my tests.
Last edited by zloty on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”