Hard Disk useless activity on GT Combo

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

AtomiXvap

Hard Disk useless activity on GT Combo

Post by AtomiXvap »

I have the problem that my GTCombo, even when turned off, continues to power the hard disk and over time the non-productive activity involves an unnecessary consumption of electricity, the hard disk in fact is always hot due to the activity.

https://we.tl/t-E2sq1Dc4s8

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Hard Disk useless activity on GT Combo

Post by cpr43 »

AtomiXvap wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm
I have the problem that my GTCombo, even when turned off, continues to power the hard disk and over time the non-productive activity involves an unnecessary consumption of electricity, the hard disk in fact is always hot due to the activity.

https://we.tl/t-E2sq1Dc4s8
Try changing The Powerkey definition. It could be set to Stanby. Go to Settings /Droid Settings/ Powerkey Definition and change to Shutdown and see if power is cutted.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

cpr43 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:10 pm
Try changing The Powerkey definition. It could be set to Stanby. Go to Settings /Droid Settings/ Powerkey Definition and change to Shutdown and see if power is cutted.
Yes, by changing that setting the hard disk stops at shutdown, but in both cases it blinks continuously even when the Combo is on, as if it was doing an eternal scan for multimedia files.
I could easily get around this by unplugging the hard drive when it's not needed but it would be nice to be able to fix it without always having to remember to unplug the drive.

cyberworld23

Post by cyberworld23 »

I found hdd with ntfs/fat32 format make box hang. But no issue found with fdd

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

cyberworld23 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:47 pm
I found hdd with ntfs/fat32 format make box hang. But no issue found with fdd
Does the hdd have external power supply?
when you plug in the hdd,the box hangs up immediately, or other operations are still needed

cyberworld23

Post by cyberworld23 »

It is suddenly hang up, box has to switch off and on again. Not try yet hdd with external power supply.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”