Main issues from the latest Gtmedia Combo update.

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

JSat

Main issues from the latest Gtmedia Combo update.

Post by JSat »

With the latest Gtmedia Combo update serious problems have arisen in the blind TP search, the search is imprecise and finds far fewer TPs than before. In Oscam's Keys emulator, frequencies that have many Powervu channels, it doesn't open all the channels that it did before. It opens some Powervu channels and not others, which used to open without problem.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: Main issues from the latest Gtmedia Combo update.

Post by Tom.w »

hello

about the blind scan issue,can you tell me more informaiton of your issue?Such as what satellite, what type of the lnb,if you do the tp manual search ,do you get this tp's channels?
about the pv channel, maybe the key is changed,So do you have another box that can watch these channels as the same time?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

It would be best to set this receiver like the V8UHD or V7 Pro, so that you can see what transponder has been found, durning a blind scan, then the channels after the scan has been completed.

Den

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

I will agree I wish they will make the default two things, in your channel list PLEASE MAKE THE DEFAULT ALPHABETICAL ORDER next after you do a BLIND SCAN PLEASE MAKE THE DEFAULT TO GO TO THE SATELLITE OR THE TRANSPORTER YOU JUST SCAN THE DEFAULT.. like in V8UHD

Please follow forum rules: No capital letters!!

RULE #8
--CAPITALS LETTERS--
No CAPITALS letter as its understand to be yelling.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=16325

cyberworld23

Post by cyberworld23 »

Yes..i agree. With the latest firmware just found afew tp. If i do manual input the tp locked

cirio99

Post by cirio99 »

Hi,
scanning the Eutelsat 10E satellite sometimes at the end of the channel scanning, the scan restart from transpoder search.
When this happens, at the end of 2nd search the channels are not stored, so i have to re-scan again.

Deleting all TPs from the "transpoder list" section caused the deletion of the satellite from "satellite list" so i had to manually re-add the satellite.

When selecting a new satellite using Universal LNB(9750-10600) the "22KHz" tab is grayed out and switched to "off". i had to manually switch it to "AUTO" .

When blind-scanning a satellite the dish sould move tho the selected satellite before the scan begin. This doesn't happen.

The Combo is updated to the latest version and is connected to an Invacom Twin LNB.

Let me share some suggestion for the scan section:

*It should be possible to filter the Blindscan function, selecting a range of frequencies to scan or limiting the Symbol Rate (i.e.: locking channels with SR < 20000 - useful if you're in search of feed)
* Before blind-scanning a satellite it should be possible to erase all the TPs and channels in the scanned satellite (to avoid the growth of the channel DB)
*In the channel list it should be possible to sort channels alphabetically, by provider or by frequency instead of the useless order by video type

Thanks,
John

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

about your issues,can you help us take some videos or some photos,then send to us.
in my side, we did not reproduce the problem you said.So please provide us with more help to solve these problems.

cirio99

Post by cirio99 »

cirio99 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 am
Hi,
scanning the Eutelsat 10E satellite sometimes at the end of the channel scanning, the scan restart from transpoder search.
When this happens, at the end of 2nd search the channels are not stored, so i have to re-scan again.
I tried to replicate this error but i wasn't able to replicate it.....
Deleting all TPs from the "transpoder list" section caused the deletion of the satellite from "satellite list" so i had to manually re-add the satellite.
I discovered this happens only if in the left panel i have the satellite list then the satellites are deleted, if i have the TP list only the TPs are deleted and not the satellite. So not a bug but very confusing interface....

When selecting a new satellite using Universal LNB(9750-10600) the "22KHz" tab is grayed out and switched to "off". i had to manually switch it to "AUTO" .
Here's a video proving the fact

Code: Select all

https://imgur.com/a/CbEw1ol
When blind-scanning a satellite the dish sould move tho the selected satellite before the scan begin. This doesn't happen.
Again, this happens if you start scanning from "Satellite List" but not if you start in the "Antenna Setup" menu. Not a bug but very confusing and redundant interface.

While testing i discovered a new bug: some times the scan does not start from 10700 MHz but from 10849 Mhz, here's a video.

https://imgur.com/a/CbEw1ol
Unfortunately this happens randomly so i'm not able to replicate it more times.

I noticed that the blind scan is redundant:
H/LOW LOF goes to 10700 MHz to 10950 same for V/LOW
H/HIGH LOF goes from 10500 to 12750 same for V/HIGH
This is redundant because the band switch is at 11700MHz so it sould work like this:
H or V/LOW from 10700 to 11700
H or V/HIGH from 10700 to 12750
Let me share some suggestion for the scan section:

*It should be possible to filter the Blindscan function, selecting a range of frequencies to scan or limiting the Symbol Rate (i.e.: locking channels with SR < 20000 - useful if you're in search of feed)
* Before blind-scanning a satellite it should be possible to erase all the TPs and channels in the scanned satellite (to avoid the growth of the channel DB)
*In the channel list it should be possible to sort channels alphabetically, by provider or by frequency instead of the useless order by video type
Thanks,
John

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

If the blind scan was the same as V7Pro / V8UHD, it would be a lot better, showing what transponders found, then channels after scan completed.
Instead of what we have now.
i still say it would be better to have this receiver as a stand alone with 4.2.2 built in.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

cirio99 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

When blind-scanning a satellite the dish should move to the selected satellite before the scan begin. This doesn't happen.
Again, this happens if you start scanning from "Satellite List" but not if you start in the "Antenna Setup" menu. Not a bug but very confusing and redundant interface.

Thanks,
John
Yes I too start all scans from the antenna menu, both for motor controlled dishes and fixed DiSEqC 1.0 switched dishes.
I move to the right of the page before pressing the red button as this makes the unit send the DiSEqC commands, both switch and motor.

Starting from the other menus means that the DiSEqc commands are not sent and the dish does not move before scan.
For DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 switching because the 1.0 command is sent first only the 1.1 command is correct.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cirio99

Post by cirio99 »

Hi,

i found another couple of problems:

When doing a "Auto Scan", if the first TP on the list has no signal, the receiver hangs forever on that frequency. I have to stop the scan, delete the first TP the rescan again. If a TP has no signal in the middle of a scan after a few second the receiver correctly skips to the next frequency. So this happens only if the first TP on the list has no signal.

When a scan finishes the receiver should tune the first (or the last) channel scanned and not the last channel watched.
I.e.: i'm watching a channel on EUTELSAT 7E. i want to scan let's say the 3E satellite. i go to "antenna setup", select 3E, wait for the dish to move then push "scan". At the end after "saving data" the dish move back to the channel on 7E i was watching. WRONG! it should stay on a channel on the new satellite.

During an "auto scan" on 22W at the end while sorting channels, the scan begin again.... and then again.... and then again... i had to power off the receiver. here's a video:

https://imgur.com/a/MMClcIM

Sarbast

Post by Sarbast »

Hello

The DVB app need improvement such as:

- Move one or group of channels.
- Press just OK to select and change pointer to next in all Channel Manager commands.
- Add an option to the setting when change channel 'Black' or ' Freeze'.
- Over all changing channel is too slow and sometimes has problem.
- Destroy the order of channels when scan one or more TP and must be fixed.
- Panel show time minimum is 5s add, make it 2s.

Regards

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”