PVR malfunctions on GTCombo

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

AtomiXvap

PVR malfunctions on GTCombo

Post by AtomiXvap »

I would like to list here some problems I encountered while trying to record programs:

1) A scheduled recording does not activate when the unit is in standby, it simply does not get the impulse to switch on.
2) Once a programming has been entered, it cannot be modified, it must be canceled and reprogrammed if a mistake has been made.
3) If you record from SAT, you cannot see another channel in DTT and viceversa even if it is a "combo" device with double tuner.
4) If you have more than one storage key or hard disk connected via a hub as I do, it is not easy to distinguish which one to choose as the recording storage unit because a list is displayed with only the device's serial numbers instead of the labels as shown in the photo I am attaching.
The same happens if you want to make a backup or restore of the channel lists.

These are the difficulties I found trying to record programs and I hope they are taken into consideration by the staff/technicians because they are also important for the correct functioning of a decoder that assumes to also be a PVR.
Attachments
20210918_040739.jpg
20210918_040739.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1685 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: PVR malfunctions on GTCombo

Post by Feralkiwi »

Regard the timer from standby, the GT Combo gets its time from the internet connection, or is manually set after each power on.
This may be the issue, in standby it does not know what the time is.
When you set a timer to record and send the unit to standby, are you using standby or "Shut Down"?
New test software I have, if I double fast click the power button the options for Standby, Shutdown or Restart are offered.
There is an option in Home / settings / Droid setting/preferences to change what happens when you press the power button.
Note also that the power ON function from the remote is an Infra Red signal, not Blue Tooth, so it will not work through walls, or from under the covers in bed.

Oddly the unit does know what the time is if you have it set to manually set time,(instead of internet time) because it shows the correct now / next EPG info as it is getting the time from the satellite TP data stream, but does not then use that for displayed / user info time,
Also for note, If you have the internet time "OFF" and you do not set the manual time, the internet functions do not work, like Youtube and the browser, as the default is 2005 5am 1 Jan.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

In fact it happens, and I don't think I'm the only one, that by "shutdown" we mean a complete disconnection from the power supply and not just the pressure of the power button on the remote control, therefore the appliance is totally off, and by "standby" we mean a shutdown without removing the power supply, the red LED in the front panel on, but we tend to forget that there is the option you have rightly highlighted that allows you to choose whether, when you press the power button on the remote control, you are "virtually" switching off or putting in standby, two different ways of acting for the device. In fact, I had the setting set to "Shutdown", I will do further tests by selecting "Sleep now".
Thanks Owen.
Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:50 pm
New test software I have, if I double fast click the power button the options for Standby, Shutdown or Restart are offered.
This is a great new feature. If I double click it now it just takes me back to the home page.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

AtomiXvap wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:13 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
This is a great new feature. If I double click it now it just takes me back to the home page.
As i said this is in the latest test software that I have.

They also added double press of the recall to bring up the recall list.

I assume these will appear in the next release.

If GT Media are watching this post, please add Exit to DVB app from the home menu, like the UHD does.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 pm
If GT Media are watching this post, please add Exit to DVB app from the home menu, like the UHD does.

Owen
Yes yes yesss please 🙏

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Feralkiwi wrote:
When you set a timer to record and send the unit to standby, are you using standby or "Shut Down"?
Tonight I have tried to program a recording with the standby option set but it didn't start anyway.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I will have a play with this.

As i said the unit does not know the time until it opens the internet.
In standby it may "Forget" the time.

Owen

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I forgot to say I have set the time to manual, not taken from the net or the channel. One thing I want to try is to change the hard disk because the one connected now, a 3.0 USB 3T Toshiba, has a strange behavior and the HDD led continuosly blink even when it should be idle. If I record manually w/out a programmation everything works fine though.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

thank you very much for your feedback.
we will check these pvr issues,and fix them

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

My tests all failed to start from standby.
I used manual clock only, no internet connected.

Owen

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:25 pm
My tests all failed to start from standby.
I used manual clock only, no internet connected.

Owen
Thanks for testing 👍
Let's hope the Team will find a cure for this, I use a lot the timer if it works.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”