Blind scan issues

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

AZCoder

Blind scan issues

Post by AZCoder »

I received my GT Combo today and found so good and bad. The first is how to transfer my channel database from my V8 UHF to the GT Combo? I tried to just read the pen drive file, but no luck. This would be great. Is there a way?

I then started scanning in a couple satellites 95W & 99W. It seems that the blind scan will not scan in the ABC channels for for those satellites. 95W ABC is at 4000 H 30000. On 99W ABC is at 4120 H 30000. If I enter these transponders manually and then scan them, they show up. On 95W, several other transponders are not scanned in either. 95W 3914 V 2000, Gem shopping and 3895 V 2000 Flamboro Downs are a couple. There are others. Again entering them manually, they will scan in.

I also tried to view the ABC channels on 95W and 99W. The picture pops in right away with a loud sound, but then resets and the picture returns in a second or two, but the volume is much lower. After a minute or so, the sound trails the picture by many seconds and becomes unusable. I really hope this gets fixed in the future.

What I really like is that the V8 UHD and GT Combo have different remotes that do not interfere with each other. Another thing is the fast BISS channel decode on the GT Combo. NFL Thursday night feed popped right in on 95W. Low volume though.

There does not appear to be any place to select the audio for a channel like the V8 UHD. That would be good too.

So far so good.
Last edited by AZCoder on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornhusker

Re: Blind scan issues

Post by Cornhusker »

There is a banner that comes up on the left with audio tracks to select the type of audio.I scanned in the network channels on SES3 NBC and was unable to select the audio track aag.Even when I highlight and exit there is no change of audio from the initial scan.I am hoping for corrections in the next update.This box has great potential.

AZCoder

Post by AZCoder »

Cornhusker wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:50 am
There is a banner that comes up on the left with audio tracks to select the type of audio.I scanned in the network channels on SES3 NBC and was unable to select the audio track aag.Even when I highlight and exit there is no change of audio from the initial scan.I am hoping for corrections in the next update.This box has great potential.
I found the banner, but the audio did not have the settings you stated. However, I saw 5 different selections under the audio selection. Selecting one will put a check mark next to it. When I exit, I see no change as CornHusker stated. But if you select the OK button and get up the channel list, then select the channel and hit the TV button. It will switch to the new audio setting. Hitting it again will restore old setting. That does not seem to be a user friendly way of setting the audio channel, but for the time being seems to work. Why not change it from the first menu as expected?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The GT Combo still has a few issues, that still need sorting, which may be corrected with the next update.
If they just took this receiver and use it as a receiver, taking the best from other GT Media models and use it for 4.2.2 / feeds/ satellite viewing etc, without all the apps, it will go a long way.

Den

lineman230

Post by lineman230 »

I would agree that the GTM should concentrate on being a satellite receiver and not a multimedia box. Right now its just to buggy for me to enjoy, as now the Pvu channels on G30 are freezing intermittingly. Back to the old G7Max, not much flair but its pretty rock solid.

Lineman

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”