GTMEDIA COMBO NEW SOTWARE

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

spok2010

GTMEDIA COMBO NEW SOTWARE

Post by spok2010 »

HI, guys,

It was released a new version to our GTMedia Combo.
I'd like to know your first analysis.

I've updated on line. Are there any problems with doing this?

In my case, the satellite list didn't update.

I'm going to test all its functions and let you know my opinion.

Spok

al2000

Re: GTMEDIA COMBO NEW SOTWARE

Post by al2000 »

Many issues still unsolved:
1. When Im in favorite I cannot organize channels like moving a channel up or down I press green botton but doesnt work
2. Changing channels stuck and see only black screen for about 10 seconds
Im talking about satellite channels

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I could not down load the new version, Google says too many have downloaded.
GMT Wednesday 20, 19:22

This may help some find new things.

If you press and hold the power button you get a list of options, restart, shutdown, sleep.

If you quickly double press the recall button you get the recall list.

I have been testing test versions and the latest one the clock (non internet setting) saved if you shutdown and restarted.
the clock is still lost if you unplug the power.
This may also mean that program timed record now works.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Joaquimoliveira

Post by Joaquimoliveira »

A nova de informação poderia ter um fundo mais escuro , pois sem um fundo não consegue ver as informação quando tem uma imagem na cor clara.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

você pode descobrir a opção Transparência OSD no menu TV Setting Menu, e você pode alterar a porcentagem.
you can find out the OSD Transparency option from the menu TV Setting Menu, the you can change the percentage.

bwe

Post by bwe »

al2000 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 pm
1. When Im in favorite I cannot organize channels like moving a channel up or down I press green botton but doesnt work
Maybe there is something else wrong with your STB. The "move" function is working just fine here. Menu/Channel Manager/Check mark by pressing OK for channels you want to move/then move highlighter up or down to where you want the channels/then press green button to move. Works just fine here.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

bwe

Post by bwe »

Online update successful here. I immediately saw improvements with Oscam-emu on a few different TP's that were problematic before, so that's good.

Don't see encryption type for information bar. The same problem persists, which have been well documented ad nauseum in the forum, on satellites 95w & 99.2w high bit 4:2:2 feeds. Just updated about 30 minutes ago, and thought I'd share a few immediate observations. It's a work in progress folks.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

bwe wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:44 am
Online update successful here. I immediately saw improvements with Oscam-emu on a few different TP's that were problematic before, so that's good.

Don't see encryption type for information bar. The same problem persists, which have been well documented ad nauseum in the forum, on satellites 95w & 99.2w high bit 4:2:2 feeds. Just updated about 30 minutes ago, and thought I'd share a few immediate observations. It's a work in progress folks.
encryption type for information bar, please update the database by rescan.because it needs to store some params into the database

kladovchk

Post by kladovchk »

Why don't I save DVB Data on USB? Writes an error. Or do I need to save to a clean USB?
Attachments
Exsport DVB Data.png
Exsport DVB Data.png (443.68 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
Exsport DVB Data (2).png
Exsport DVB Data (2).png (479.94 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
Exsport DVB Data (3).png
Exsport DVB Data (3).png (460.84 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
Exsport DVB Data (4).png
Exsport DVB Data (4).png (466.77 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
GTMEDIA GTX Combo, GTMEDIA GT Combo, GTMEDIA V8 UHD, GTMEDIA X8, GTMEDIA X8 Combo, GTMEDIA V8 Turbo and GTMEDIA V7 Pro
GTMedia V8FINDER Pro2, V8Finder Pro, V8 Finder Max, V8FINDER2, V8Finder-Meter, GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT05 and GTMEDIA D2

Joaquimoliveira

Post by Joaquimoliveira »

Para eu fazer a atualização do Gtmedia GT Combo, é necessário fazer o reset de fabrica? Se sim

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

@All
With the last firmware is now dvbchannel_v31, previously v30.
GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

bwe

Post by bwe »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:03 am
bwe wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:44 am

encryption type for information bar, please update the database by rescan.because it needs to store some params into the database
Thank you. I see encryption information now. Thanks for the update.

karavicdanli

Post by karavicdanli »

al2000 wrote:
channels black screen 10 sec some channels (SD channel)
1- go menu..
2- settings
3- Droid settings
4- display
5- en the last SDR to HDR choise (NO)
for me is this hulpfull i have now no black screen.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

karavicdanli wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:31 am
al2000 wrote:
1- go menu..
2- settings
3- Droid settings
4- display
Will give it a try. Thanks

al2000

Post by al2000 »

al2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:09 am
karavicdanli wrote:
al2000 wrote:
1- go menu..
2- settings
3- Droid settings
4- display
I tried what you explained but still I get blank screen when changing channels
Attachments
20211023_124539.jpg
20211023_124539.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4597 times

karavicdanli

Post by karavicdanli »

al2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:47 am
al2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:09 am
karavicdanli wrote:
al2000 wrote:
1- go menu..
2- settings
3- Droid settings
4- display
I tried what you explained but still I get blank screen when changing channels
yes, there is a valid problem, we are trying to fix it with different methods, but it seems like it will not be a solution, I have cd channel problems and you have problems with hd channels, I hope they will fix it with new software.
Try to find a solution by playing with the settings, maybe try with another hdmi cable..
When I make the above settings, I see that the black screen problem it helped a little , but,
this is not much of a solution because black screens still happen, and this way, there is lag

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Finally a generalized topic where everyone writes their experiences without opening dozens of topics that talk about the same thing.

In my case at the end of the OTA update I had an error screen with the android robot that I was unable to photograph and then the android system configuration page opened up to me from which I exited by selecting "Reboot system now".
20211023_003724.jpg
20211023_003724.jpg (994.7 KiB) Viewed 4537 times

After that on reboot I did not see obvious errors in the operation so far.
I don't really like that INFO doesn't have a background that differs from the rest of the screen, it often makes data unreadable especially if the background image is bright clear.
20211023_225344.jpg
20211023_225344.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 4537 times

I really like the new way to double-click on the "Recall" button to get a list of the last channels viewed so you can quickly choose one and the beauty of this new function is that you can watch channels from any source, different satellites or DTT and switch between them very quickly.
i.e. tonight I was whatching a football game in the SAT and a couple of sport channels from DTT and was able to quickly swop from one another.
I really like this feature but here as well I would put a background behind the data.
20211023_225359.jpg
20211023_225359.jpg (985.52 KiB) Viewed 4537 times

I haven't tried the PVR so far, I will soon.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I found a bug.
If I turn off the decoder and the television it happens that after a few seconds they both turn on again and this should not happen otherwise one leaves the house convinced that everything is turned off but no, it all turns back on without our knowledge.
Sure the cause may be the CEC or the decoder set to turn off or go to standby but the fact is that this shouldn't happen in any case.
I had to unplug it.

https://we.tl/t-0JXLSGnHrw

karavicdanli

Post by karavicdanli »

Do you think there will be a solution to this black screen problem?
Or will we always continue like this? :(
I'm trying everything, I don't have a solution unfortunately.
last hoop is new firmware :roll:
Do you think a new software will be released? en fix this problems

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With having the latest software, i was now able to delete many of the channels, that i did not require after setting up the satellites/blind scanning etc.
BUT what i have found, which is VERY annoying, is that when you want to check a transponder on a satellite that you are on ie.26e, you go to
MENU /INSTALLATION / TRANSPONDER LIST(at this point), when you press OK, on the remote, (you should go to the transponder list of the satellite that you were on, ie.26e. (THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN), the receiver (DEFAULTS) to the first transponder on the list at (30w).
What would be best, the receiver SHOULD go to the transponder of the channel that you were viewing, ie.12226h 27500, were you can then move to the transponder you wish to check/scan.
When you go to scan a transponder, you have just two options AUTO SCAN/BLIND SCAN, you are UNABLE to scan just ONE transponder, like you can with other models, back into the cupboard until the next update, then report of any issues.

Den

iamjohnowusu

Post by iamjohnowusu »

New Software is not able to open T2MI MULTISTREAM Channels too especially 28 East ( gtv sports, crystal tv and max tv West Africa beam) but GTMEDIA V8 UHD open clear

iamjohnowusu

Post by iamjohnowusu »

New Software is not able to open T2MI MULTISTREAM, there is blank Channels too especially 28 East ( gtv sports, crystal tv and max tv West Africa beam) but GTMEDIA V8 UHD open clear
Attachments
IMG_20211020_185351.jpg
IMG_20211020_185351.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 4431 times

spok2010

Post by spok2010 »

Two more issues:
1) If I turn on the T2MI function and proceed a blind scan on Intelsat 21 (58 W), after all, it returns to 61 W and spend a long-time processing 30 channels that never show pictures.

2. Some powerwu transponders from 58 W don't show images, but we can listen only to the audio. However, these channels open with da V9 Super.

Spok

bwe

Post by bwe »

I have a question about the encryption information bar. Shouldn't BISS show up as "BI" or "B"? That's how it shows on other GT Media receivers, as well as other brands. It shows as "B1" on the Combo. Not a huge deal. I was just curious.

Also, after the update, I ran the Combo for a few frustrating days. Way too many bugs/issues for me folks. Receiver is unhooked again, and my dependable Nova Blue is back in it's place monitoring NA C-band on a 7.5 foot dish. The lag/delay while flipping and zapping through channels is frustrating. Scrolling through the menu to edit channels, blind scan, etc. is a headache. I do like the Bluetooth remote. 5G internal Wi-Fi and WEBIF is good. That's about it. Those are nice improvements to build upon.

I bought the receiver, probably like many others here in North America, because it made the claim that it would decode 4:2:2 feeds. More accurately, the receiver decodes only "some" 4:2:2 feeds. Why anyone with a 65 inch TV (myself) want to watch a 4:2:2 feed on their smart phone because the smart phone decodes said feeds, is laughable.
Last edited by bwe on Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

@bwe
Delirium wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:37 pm
BISS 2 recognition test

Image Image
GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”