Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:25 pm
jaes wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:49 pm
cpr43 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:36 pm
jaes wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:34 pm
GTMedia Team ...
Help please - GTCombo, i don't know how exactly this happened , but yesterday i lost the whole WEST satellite positions in the 'Satellite List' menu page and could not recover them. I did a re-flash of the latest firmware but that didn't resolve it.
As a last resort i did a 'Reset' , the Combo boots up as far as the logo splash screen but then goes into a Blutooth searching screen with a remote control graphic and leaves the Combo unresponsive to any further commands. Q. - Is there any Recovery file etc available with guidance or method of how to use it.
Tia.
Are you pressing the MENU and down arrow at the blutooth searching until they paired?? Unles you do this it will not be response
Yes, have tried this thanks
- roughly how long would you have to wait before the pairing completed
You will see in the screen when the pairing is completed. Make sure the ON/OFF boton keeps flashing along all the way. New batteries will help
Thanks, i'm beginning to think the remote is not functioning as it should - - fitted new batteries, held down the Menu/Down buttons , held close to stb but the On/Off button does not flash as described on the label on the rear of the remote. I was hoping there might have been a re-set pin hole on the remote but could not see anything.

cytl1d

Re: GTMEDIA COMBO NEW SOTWARE

Post by cytl1d »

Connect GTCOMBO to USB keyboard/mouse use pairing instruction printed on back GTCOMBO remote.

jaes

Post by jaes »

cytl1d wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:52 pm
Connect GTCOMBO to USB keyboard/mouse use pairing instruction printed on back GTCOMBO remote.
Thanks for that - using usb mouse has enabled operation of the stb again and the way i use the stb i think i prefer this way of operation ;)
Just need to investigate further to confirm Blutooth pairing problem.
Thanks again.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Pairing is about less than a minute.
Once the blue bar starts to show and move about another 20 seconds.

To full reset, use the app / update / local and reload the software as downloaded from the download page.

Check you remote batteries too.
The LED should flash, I think, three time as it enters pairing mode.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

jaes

Post by jaes »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:32 pm

To full reset, use the app / update / local and reload the software as downloaded from the download page.

Owen

Thanks Owen, I'll investigate further tomorrow.

jaes

Post by jaes »

jaes wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:42 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen

Ok, investigated further.
Did another Combo re-set, did a test pairing of the handset to an iPad and that was ok - paired in less than a minute.
Tried a box 'Wizard' pairing holding down buttons for two minutes or so and did not pair.
Did another re-set and with usb mouse went into settings page and tried the pairing again - this time it paired after nearly four minutes.
Did another re-set and tried the Wizard pairing method - this time it did the pairing process correctly in about less than a minute.
Job done, thanks to all.

jaes

Post by jaes »

This is now happening a lot when trying to delete a blind scan channel list compilation

......................................................................................................................................................................................
Attachments
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (40).png (930.86 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

jaes wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:19 pm
jaes wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:42 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen

Ok, investigated further.
Did another Combo re-set, did a test pairing of the handset to an iPad and that was ok - paired in less than a minute.
Tried a box 'Wizard' pairing holding down buttons for two minutes or so and did not pair.
Did another re-set and with usb mouse went into settings page and tried the pairing again - this time it paired after nearly four minutes.
Did another re-set and tried the Wizard pairing method - this time it did the pairing process correctly in about less than a minute.
Job done, thanks to all.
Be warned!!

I did a new test software upgrade yesterday and I noted that I could not proceed after the upgrade unless I coupled the remote to Bluetooth.
This means that if a user upgrades the software and their remote is broken (using another GT Media remote) or their remote does not Bluetooth couple, their box is then a brick.

I have reported this to GT Media as part of my test results.

Try deleting only a few channels at a time. many boxes I have had will crash if they need too much memory to do a mass delete.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

jaes

Post by jaes »

To GTCombo Team members . . .
For any future firmware releases may i make a couple of requests that satellite enthusiast users, particularly Feed Hunting and experimental users of this Combo would find very useful. The addition already of the 4:2:2 function is a great feature for the enthusiast and the addition of my extra options request would be highly useful. They (for the time being) are:

1/ A 'User' LNB LO option that would allow enthusiast Ka Band users or non standard lnb types greater scope of use and

2/ A user frequency scan range option instead of scanning the whole width of the band.
Tia.

jaes

Post by jaes »

GTCombo Team members ...
I know that everybody has their own requirements as to what they would like to see from the GTCombo but from a Feed-hunter and an enthusiast experimenters point of view this upgraded gui interface with added info and colour tweaks is most welcome and liked. I have yet to test other issues ie: 4:2:2 playback smoothness and also the previous crashing issues .

Also from my user point of view to add the items that i have previously requested would really make this stb very desirable.

1/ A 'User' LNB LO option that would allow enthusiast Ka Band users or non standard lnb types greater scope of use and
2/ A user frequency scan range option instead of scanning the whole width of the band.
3/ A signal 'dB' reading in the info bar - possibly switchable from 'Quality' to 'dB' in a sub menu.
Tia and thank you for the upgrade.

cirio99

Post by cirio99 »

jaes wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:15 pm
Also from my user point of view to add the items that i have previously requested would really make this stb very desirable.

3/ A signal 'dB' reading in the info bar - possibly switchable from 'Quality' to 'dB' in a sub menu.
I completely agree with the above requests! (especially #2!!)

Gt123

Post by Gt123 »

new update. much better, tanks gt team

Gt123

Post by Gt123 »

gtcombo skin
Attachments
Screenshot_20211119-182706.png
Screenshot_20211119-182706.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2369 times

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

The information banner on the bottom of the screen is a little low to view the channel bit rate.

cytl1d

Post by cytl1d »

Update now. ThankU. Nice improve.
still need help. cant delete morethan 1 satellite at time. how to change order or alphabet order satellite list?
push enter on remote bring up channel list, signal meter cant read numbers font too small white color. plz update so look like other meters.
4:2:2 play half framerate on 89W 95W. <- please most important :mrgreen:

iamjohnowusu

Post by iamjohnowusu »

Why can't I be able to add satellite tv channels and T2MI MULTISTREAM tv channels in one favourite group instead of each separating ?
Please work on that

Joaquimoliveira

Post by Joaquimoliveira »

Gt123 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:31 pm
gtcombo skin
Como consigo esta skin para o meu Gt combo ? e como coloco ela ?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Joaquimoliveira wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:43 pm
Gt123 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:31 pm
gtcombo skin
Como consigo esta skin para o meu Gt combo ? e como coloco ela ?
Using any small size picture and save as .png on your USB. Load USB to box. Go to Custom-Wallpaper, move to the right to Image . Look for your image-OK.

Exit

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Cornhusker wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:42 pm
The information banner on the bottom of the screen is a little low to view the channel bit rate.
There is the option in the set up and DVB menu to size the screen to full.
Also older TV's will crop some of the outer part of the picture.
My Sony TV allows for sizing as well, check your TV menu.

Owen

iamjohnowusu

Post by iamjohnowusu »

I love the latest software firmware, the only issue I have observed is that when you are watching T2MI multistram tv channels few seconds the video scratches, freeze though the signal strength is above 80% but other channels that are not multistream play 100% normal without any issues.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

jaes wrote:
GTCombo Team members ...
I know that everybody has their own requirements as to what they would like to see from the GTCombo but from a Feed-hunter and an enthusiast experimenters point of view this upgraded gui interface with added info and colour tweaks is most welcome and liked. I have yet to test other issues ie: 4:2:2 playback smoothness and also the previous crashing issues .

Okay, thank you for your suggestion, let's check it out
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

jaes

Post by jaes »

Lining wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:33 am
jaes wrote:
GTCombo Team members ...

Okay, thank you for your suggestion, let's check it out
Thank you , they would be really really useful additions and would make the 'satellite enthusiast' users of the product very happy and should take the GTCombo to the 'must have' level.
Tia.

maizor

Post by maizor »

Hello everyone, I have two problems.
1) There is no function for screen sharing, the cast function is not available in the android settings.
2) There are two players in the DVB application, in the case of the first player when I share my screen in the Skype, discord, rally application, the video is not displayed on the other end, but the information panel will be displayed when I switch the player through the green button on the remote ,video appears but it slows down and there is a delay of 10 seconds. I think there are problems with video codecs. it happens on all channels, both paid and free.
Please help me to solve this issue, this is very important for me! :ugeek:

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

I have tried all the combinations of screen sizing options in both the television and stb and still cannot see the the bitrate info in the bottom lefthand corner.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Home / settings (top left, not the clock) droid settings / display / position / then click the zoom down to about 85% and try that.

Also look at your TV settings for screen size as well. Older TV's clipped off the outer edge for the old analogue TV sognals

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”