Strange dish movement

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

TxBirdy

Strange dish movement

Post by TxBirdy »

I am getting some strange dish movement . My location is 97.0W, So Galaxy 19 is basically 0.0 on the TM-2600 motor.
The interesting thing is that this use to all work. Things started acting weird when I accidently delete a Sat from the device and added it back.
Every since then GT9Combo will not move the motor to the correct location.
I have done a factory reset on the G9Combo and loaded the software update, I have also reset the dish motor.
I only have 1 Sat (97W) setup to try and clear up this issue
I can set USALS to my Lat/Long or DiSEqC and push the dish to 97W but as soon as I go back the Antenna Setup the Dish will move back to about 5 degrees East from 97W
Hey…. DOCUMENTATION , it is kind of important !!!!
On my Edison everything works great, On my Sat Hero, great there also.

Any Advise Welcome.... I'm very technical but I have only been in FTA for about a year.
Thx....

STRETCH

Re: Strange dish movement

Post by STRETCH »

That is one of the reasons that this receiver has gone back into the cupboard, when you go to (satellite setup) the receiver defaults to the (FIRST) satellite on the list, and (NOT) to the satellite that you are (ON).
With this happening puts stress on the motor.

Den

TxBirdy

Post by TxBirdy »

I can believe this. Can you image if your IPhone dialed the wrong person when you modified the contact list
So any advise on a new box. Something with some solid code that is not always in a R&D state

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have had thins like this happen.

I found this happened after I changed a USALS sat to fixed settings.

I fixed this by changing other settings like the DiSEq1C switch and then exit out and go back and restore what you need again.
I think this is an issue with the user file in the unit. Here in the southern hemisphere every time I export and import a user file my lat is set to north and I have to change it back.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”