GTCOMBO - Using Android App to Control DVB

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

dp2k

GTCOMBO - Using Android App to Control DVB

Post by dp2k »

Hi, I recently bought a GTCOMBO and have been using it to watch movies/satellite channels on a couple of TV's around the house. On my old Android Box I could use Zand Android Remote which allowed the use of a mouse/buttons to control a remote TV box from any room but the DVB Satellite app on the GTCOMBO does not work with any mouse or button input. Has anyone been able to get something like this working? Thanks

dp2k

Re: GTCOMBO - Using Android App to Control DVB

Post by dp2k »

Hoping the admins know of anyway of remote controlling the DVB app please!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The GT Combo remote gets "Coupled" via Bluetooth during setup.

You can de couple it and then the remote will work as a normal IR remote.
In that mode you will be able to copy the IR commands from the GT remote to use on your other remote.

You can also try to bluetooth couple it with other devices.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Thanks for the reply. I am actually hoping to control the DVB app when i am not near the GT combo box. I was able to contol my older Android box with a remote mouse app that ran on my phone and had an optional keyboard. I can get this to work on the GT combo and all is fine, but theres nno way to control the DVB satellite app with a mouse or keyboard, so i would appreciate if anyone had any idea how to do that. Thanks

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

dp2k wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:13 pm
Thanks for the reply. I am actually hoping to control the DVB app when i am not near the GT combo box. I was able to contol my older Android box with a remote mouse app that ran on my phone and had an optional keyboard. I can get this to work on the GT combo and all is fine, but theres nno way to control the DVB satellite app with a mouse or keyboard, so i would appreciate if anyone had any idea how to do that. Thanks
hello
we need some time to study this app.can you tell me the name of this remote mouse app?

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Hi, that woild be great, thanks. The appmis called zank remote for Android.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

thank you very much.
we will study it.

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Hi, any luck with this? I'm unable to change channel unless I'm at the device so if this worked it would be really handy. Thanks

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Hi, is there any way to control the DVB app with a mouse then? This would also allow me to change channels remotely.

Thanks

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Hi, have your any update on using a standard mouse to control the satellite app or can you suggest a compatible app instead. Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

dp2k wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:28 pm
Hi, is there any way to control the DVB app with a mouse then? This would also allow me to change channels remotely.

Thanks
Remember that the DVB app is a app running on a phone.
The remote is an added function and there was likely never a mouse in use when it was a phone app.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the reply although I don't really understand what you mean.

Can you add mouse support to the GTPlayer app?

Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

dp2k wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Hi Owen,

Thanks for the reply although I don't really understand what you mean.

Can you add mouse support to the GTPlayer app?

Thanks
What I mean is that the android system program is mostly used on phones.
If you look through the android permissions you will see thing like access to the phone list, microphone, location etc.
GT Media have it running in a box and have added mouse support where they can.

Owen

hkrajput

Post by hkrajput »

dp2k wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:28 pm

Thanks
you can try gtshare app to change channels remotely. you should be on same wifi network.

dp2k

Post by dp2k »

Hi, just wanted to see if there was any update to adding mouse control or standard media button control to the DVB app. I still see that mouse cursor has no effect on the app and that the standard media buttons used in remote apps (channel up/down) etc which work in most others do not work in DVB. Would be great if this could be fixed in a future update. Cheers

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”