New GT Combo errors found

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

AZCoder

New GT Combo errors found

Post by AZCoder »

After the latest update, where I had to wipe out my channel list, I was rescanning satellites and after 5-6 satellites (about 1000 channels), the scanning stopped working. It seemed to do the scan, but no channels were detected. This also caused channels that were already scanned on other satellites to stop working. Restart did nothing, clearing cache did nothing, but power off/on seemed to clear memory usage and scanning worked again. Memory leak? Scanning was only for TV, not Radio and TV channels. I am in USA.

After more scanning a few more satellites and trying to view the new channels, I could not get the power view channels to roll. I waited up to 30 minutes and nothing. Again, I power cycled the receiver and when restarted, the channels popped right in. So, it seems to be a memory leak issue somewhere.

And I also see the issue on several satellites where not all channels are scanned in during a blind scan. They had to be entered manually or sometimes would be found after several re-scans. If all of the transponders are deleted, I could not blind scan until at least one transponder was defined.

There are other issues that have already been reported by others. All in all, I think the software developers are making some progress against other issues. Please keep up the good work. Looking forward to a new software release. Just make sure I do not have to rescan all (over 40) satellites again. It takes a lot of time.

Jim

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”