Experience

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

mehmat

Experience

Post by mehmat »

Hi
I'm trying to get Android TV features in the Freebox GTC.
What I've got:
- Leanback launcher working
- Play Store/Music/Movies installed. I can log in but I can't install apps (it says Install pending). I'm working on it.*
- Google Cast appears on Settings, but my phone does not detect it. I think that there are libraries missing, I'm studying logs.
- Other Leanback apps work (Spotify, Popcorn time, etc.)

How I've managed to do it:
- I have modified build.prop to simulate a Sony Bravia 2015 TV.
- I have dowloaded gapps for Android TV (6.0.1 version, arm). I've uncompressed files (using lzip and tar). I've pushed them to GTC via adb, copied on their right location and changed their permissions.
- I have removed some non-Android TV apps (Phonesky, PreBuiltGMS, GoogleLogin service)
- I have added two XML of android TV on /system/etc/permissions

If anyone knows a better way to do it (flashing king of pop 888 or something), I will be very appreciated! Flashing gapps zip gives me an error (error 64. It means incorrect architecture but I think the one that I downloaded it's okay [arm]), but maybe there is a way to solve it!

VERY IMPORTANT: if you want to try to do it, BACKUP YOUR STUFF (channel list, etc.). It is very probable that you'll get a bootloop and you'll have to restore your system via recovery (pressing MENU button after connecting and disconnecting the power cable)

*It seems that PackageInstaller is causing the problem. If I remove it (and do not install anything more) I get a bootloop.
Last edited by mehmat on Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ak_273

Re: Experience

Post by ak_273 »

why u not trying Android TV 9?? I've see some box where their specs same with old gtc (s905d) but getting android tv 9.0 ..maybe you can modified and add dvb features to gtc

DaveKeller

Re: Experience

Post by DaveKeller »

ak_273 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:43 pm
why u not trying Android TV 9?? I've see some box where their specs same with old gtc (s905d) but getting android tv 9.0 ..maybe you can modified and add dvb features to gtc
I have followed the same but can't get TV 9 to update the features like you said
Last edited by CAJE on Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post spam link

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”