GTMEDIA COMBO - We need an urgent firmware update!!!

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Pepegps

GTMEDIA COMBO - We need an urgent firmware update!!!

Post by Pepegps »

Since the latest Firmware update C20.A9.1.14. Our GT_Combo has a lot of bugs.
Many of us are already processing the return of the purchase, since they do not provide a solution with an update of this failed Firmware.
It's a shame because this new device gave expectations. The brand would have to sell tested devices to the market and delay its release. This only causes a bad impression on GT Media.

frosonejkx

Re: GTMEDIA COMBO - We need an urgent firmware update!!!

Post by frosonejkx »

Pepegps wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:13 pm
Many of us are already processing the return of the purchase, since they do not provide a solution with an update of this failed Firmware.
It's a shame because this new device gave expectations. The brand would have to sell tested devices to the market and delay its release. This only causes a bad impression on GT Media.
Hello Pepegps:
I also spent 120 euros to buy this product.
I have been there for 6 months now, Unfortunately I realized that every time an update comes out then something no longer works as before and then I am forced to reset and set everything. 3 times. Now with the latest firmware the channels can no longer be put in order with the channel editor. Appropriate updates: do you know how to deactivate the online update?

frosonejkx

Post by frosonejkx »

Pepegps wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:13 pm
In fact, if there is a way to block online updates that pop up while you are watching your favorite program, the decoder also works quite well. Do you know how you can disable the automatic online update?

Pepegps

Post by Pepegps »

Hi Frosonejkx

I've only been using it for a week. And as soon as I turned it on, I got 3 software updates. And in a few days I have found these failures from my point of view:
- General instability in the system with crashes or restarts, quickly the memory reaches 75% usage, opening few applications, GTplayer, SAT Tv, DVB-T, IP Tv, Youtube. They would have to remove most of the pre-installed applications since this GTMedia currently does not support most of them correctly. Among others, for example Netflix does not support FullHD, only SD.
- When recording a program a giant recording logo appears with the default recording time occupying a lot of screen and annoying, and if you give the info twice, and you want to remove the info it always asks you if you want to stop the recording.
- Another failure and recording of channels, is that despite having a double tuner for Satellite and DVB-T, it does not let you switch between them while you record a channel for example from the Satellite and want to watch a channel with the DVB-T tuner.
- The image in the SD channels is of very poor quality, and on top of that it seems that the image is missing frames per second given the sensation of a shaky image. And from time to time the image is also out of phase with the voice.
- INFO and EPG menus, with a lot of technical information and little information or with very small fields and letters of what is important (information of the program you are watching), with the EPG you change the channel when you want to see the information of another channel causing slowness or failures in CCAM if you have it configured.
- CCAM, they fail the same or more than in other older models, you do not have the option to see the response time of the CAMS lines with the Server connected. With more than 2 CCAMS active at the same time, it starts to fail.
- I have to disconnect all the HDMI functions from both GTMedia and my TV, so that GTMedia doesn't turn on every time I turn my TV off or on, it has options in the GTMedia menu to disable it, but they don't work.
- When giving the OK to make a channel change from the default channel list, it would have to be put in the viewed channel, and as in the INFO or the EPG, a lot of non-relevant and unimportant and small information on the screen to see the channel I want to switch to.
- Many options in the menus do not have information for what they are used for in the device manuals, many you have to try and others I still do not know what they are for.
- IP channels, I have not yet been able to load lists directly, I have only been able to load them through Xtream. It also has blocking bugs and doesn't let you organize the list or hide channels or groups, the player is also a bit green still. Impractical GT Player.
- The voice control of the controller is simply to enter what you say with your voice on the keyboard. It is not used to give instructions to the device such as changing a channel, increasing volume, opening an application, directly. The android keyboard is huge eating almost half the screen and bad organization of the keys when you move with the remote.
- When turning off or restarting the GTCombo it does not fly to the default channel that it had set before.
- I have not been able to recover the list of channels that I had created, every time I restore the equipment I cannot import the list of channels. The external channel editor they recommend is like a simple text editor to be able to order the channels, very basic and not very effective.
- When sharing the channel viewed with a mobile, it fails a lot and I can only see something when the channels are SD. and I'm glued to the router. In lower models such as V8X I did not have these problems when sharing the GTMedia video with the mobile, even being in another room.

I had never seen a decoder with so many bugs in the firmware, and many more bugs that I can't remember right now. I have already put the GT Combo in the box to return it tomorrow.

And sorry for my english if you don't understand something, It is very bad....

frosonejkx

Post by frosonejkx »

Pepegps wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 pm
Hi Frosonejkx

I've only been using it for a week. And as soon as I turned it on, I got 3 software updates. And in a few days I have found these failures from my point of view:
- General instability in the system with crashes or restarts, quickly the memory reaches 75% usage, opening few applications, GTplayer, SAT Tv, DVB-T, IP Tv, Youtube. They would have to remove most of the pre-installed applications since this GTMedia currently does not support most of them correctly. Among others, for example Netflix does not support FullHD, only SD.
- When recording a program a giant recording logo appears with the default recording time occupying a lot of screen and annoying, and if you give the info twice, and you want to remove the info it always asks you if you want to stop the recording.
- Another failure and recording of channels, is that despite having a double tuner for Satellite and DVB-T, it does not let you switch between them while you record a channel for example from the Satellite and want to watch a channel with the DVB-T tuner.
- The image in the SD channels is of very poor quality, and on top of that it seems that the image is missing frames per second given the sensation of a shaky image. And from time to time the image is also out of phase with the voice.
- INFO and EPG menus, with a lot of technical information and little information or with very small fields and letters of what is important (information of the program you are watching), with the EPG you change the channel when you want to see the information of another channel causing slowness or failures in CCAM if you have it configured.
- CCAM, they fail the same or more than in other older models, you do not have the option to see the response time of the CAMS lines with the Server connected. With more than 2 CCAMS active at the same time, it starts to fail.
- I have to disconnect all the HDMI functions from both GTMedia and my TV, so that GTMedia doesn't turn on every time I turn my TV off or on, it has options in the GTMedia menu to disable it, but they don't work.
- When giving the OK to make a channel change from the default channel list, it would have to be put in the viewed channel, and as in the INFO or the EPG, a lot of non-relevant and unimportant and small information on the screen to see the channel I want to switch to.
- Many options in the menus do not have information for what they are used for in the device manuals, many you have to try and others I still do not know what they are for.
- IP channels, I have not yet been able to load lists directly, I have only been able to load them through Xtream. It also has blocking bugs and doesn't let you organize the list or hide channels or groups, the player is also a bit green still. Impractical GT Player.
- The voice control of the controller is simply to enter what you say with your voice on the keyboard. It is not used to give instructions to the device such as changing a channel, increasing volume, opening an application, directly. The android keyboard is huge eating almost half the screen and bad organization of the keys when you move with the remote.
- When turning off or restarting the GTCombo it does not fly to the default channel that it had set before.
- I have not been able to recover the list of channels that I had created, every time I restore the equipment I cannot import the list of channels. The external channel editor they recommend is like a simple text editor to be able to order the channels, very basic and not very effective.
- When sharing the channel viewed with a mobile, it fails a lot and I can only see something when the channels are SD. and I'm glued to the router. In lower models such as V8X I did not have these problems when sharing the GTMedia video with the mobile, even being in another room.

I had never seen a decoder with so many bugs in the firmware, and many more bugs that I can't remember right now. I have already put the GT Combo in the box to return it tomorrow.

Hi Pepegps: I use 2 clines that normally don't give problems with the channels I need to see besides the tvsat card inserted. I usually don't fiddle much because I don't need to. I'm just going to watch some sports channels and that's it. Anyway you are right. There are too many bugs on this GTCombo. I'm quite sorry for that, also because it has good hardware. I hope they will be able to fix the most important things as soon as possible. Sorry, do you know how to disable the updates that come up while you are watching the program?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

frosonejkx wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:43 pm
Hi Pepegps: I use 2 clines that normally don't give problems with the channels I need to see besides the tvsat card inserted. I usually don't fiddle much because I don't need to. I'm just going to watch some sports channels and that's it. Anyway you are right. There are too many bugs on this GTCombo. I'm quite sorry for that, also because it has good hardware. I hope they will be able to fix the most important things as soon as possible. Sorry, do you know how to disable the updates that come up while you are watching the program?
I have not checked this as I get early test versions of the software and do not see the auto new version messages, but it may work.

There is an option in the android permissions menus to stop messages from other apps from coming up on a different app.
As I think the update message is from the update app this may stop the message showing on the DVB app.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

frosonejkx

Post by frosonejkx »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:49 pm
frosonejkx wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:43 pm
I have not checked this as I get early test versions of the software and do not see the auto new version messages, but it may work.

There is an option in the android permissions menus to stop messages from other apps from coming up on a different app.
As I think the update message is from the update app this may stop the message showing on the DVB app.

Owen
Thanks Owen: in the next few days I'll try to disable it, so I'll check if it works

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Thank you very much for your feedback and problem description.
we will check these items one by one.
We will try our best to make the gtcombo function better and more stable.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Pepegps wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 pm
Hi Frosonejkx

Friends, I have a few questions to confirm?
1. Memory quickly reaches 75% usage
》》Are your apps running in the background?
2. The image quality in the SD channel is very poor, in addition, the image seems to lose frames per second given the perception of image jitter. And from time to time the image is also out of sync with the sound
》》Can you tell me which satellite, which channel? Can you record TS for me?
3. GTMedia doesn't turn on either when the TV is turned off or on, it has options in the GTMedia menu to disable it, but they didn't work.
》》After the machine CEC is turned off, the TV will be turned on, and the machine will also be turned on?
3. When closing or restarting GTCombo, it will not fly to the default channel set before
》》The next firmware has been fixed
4.- It fails a lot when sharing a channel watched with my phone, I can only see something when the channel is SD. I'm glued to the router. In lower models like the V8X, I don't have these issues when sharing GTMedia video with my phone, even in another room.
》》What channel do you watch? Are you using the latest version of gtshare?
gtshare_v9.1.4.2.211015-release.apk
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

fjlv1972

Post by fjlv1972 »

Es una realidad, van una actualizacion buenas y dos con peor funcionamiento, esta ultima entierra la caja de nuevo, es cara esta caja con peor funcionamiento y no logran equilibrarla, saludos

It is a reality, there is a good update and two with worse performance, the latter buries the box again, this box with worse performance is expensive and they cannot balance it, greetings

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lining wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 am

3. GTMedia doesn't turn on either when the TV is turned off or on, it has options in the GTMedia menu to disable it, but they didn't work.
》》After the machine CEC is turned off, the TV will be turned on, and the machine will also be turned on?
Another user had the issue of the TV turning off the GT Combo.
That user found an option in the TV that stopped this.

Have a look in your TV menu for the power off options.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

tanka

Post by tanka »

Last firmware the most important things are good.Now too many problems all the above and more. Update the softcam cccam now not working

Weptron

Post by Weptron »

There is no option in the ATSC menu to channel scan OTA Antenna? Prior to ordering I specifically asked to confirm that this would work with North America ATSC OTA antenna and was told that it would. Is this going to be added to the firmware soon? :?:

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Weptron wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:27 am
There is no option in the ATSC menu to channel scan OTA Antenna? Prior to ordering I specifically asked to confirm that this would work with North America ATSC OTA antenna and was told that it would. Is this going to be added to the firmware soon? :?:
Hello

The OTA option on the GTcombo is for the Europe region DVB-T. It does NOT work with America ATSC. You did not received the correct information. This is a hardware not related with FW.
Attachments
Digital_terrestrial_television_standards.jpg
Digital_terrestrial_television_standards.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 3780 times

Weptron

Post by Weptron »

That's disappointing. I'll likely be returning it then, since that is the primary reason I purchased it :x . Usals seems to have lost track of my dish motor as well, I had to plug in my other receiver to get the dish back into proper alignment.

tanka

Post by tanka »

I decided factory reset.And loading the firmware A9.1.13.And the problems continue.CA information password not working loading the softcom cccam impossible.Every time move channels the menu (Subtitle)Apper.And stays there.Press exit and stay .To move I press Home .After move to channel list and move channels APPER again.Before the firmware A9.1.14 All working good and no problems like that.GTmedia need to fix that.Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

tanka wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:38 pm
I decided factory reset.And loading the firmware A9.1.13.And the problems continue.CA information password not working loading the softcom cccam impossible.Every time move channels the menu (Subtitle)Apper.And stays there.Press exit and stay .To move I press Home .After move to channel list and move channels APPER again.Before the firmware A9.1.14 All working good and no problems like that.GTmedia need to fix that.Thank you
tanka are you using the GT Combo remote or one for an earlier model by mistake?
The GT Media remote that looks the same has different things on the positions for Home etc that are on the Combo remote.

I had no issues moving channels.

Owen

tanka

Post by tanka »

I using the remote from the Gt combo.Moving channels no issues.The issues are .I watching one channel and then moving to another channel.And then the Menu appears in the (Subtitle) And feeze the picture and the signal for few seconds.And then I press the exit and not moving.I have to press the Home button and gone.And all working.But came back after I move to another channel.And in the( CA INFORMATION) press 6666 not working.Before all working good on the firmware A9.1.13.After the A9.1.14 that happened.I did factory reset and loading the A9.1.13 and continue the same.
Attachments
20220129_234805.jpg
20220129_234805.jpg (899.44 KiB) Viewed 3657 times

frosonejkx

Post by frosonejkx »

tanka wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:01 pm
I using the remote from the Gt combo.Moving channels no issues.The issues are .I watching one channel and then moving to another channel.And then the Menu appears in the (Subtitle) And feeze the picture and the signal for few seconds.And then I press the exit and not moving.I have to press the Home button and gone.And all working.But came back after I move to another channel.And in the( CA INFORMATION) press 6666 not working.Before all working good on the firmware A9.1.13.After the A9.1.14 that happened.I did factory reset and loading the A9.1.13 and continue the same.
Hi Tanka: with the latest firmware 1.14 I have the 6666 menu that works

frosonejkx

Post by frosonejkx »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:09 pm
tanka wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:38 pm
tanka are you using the GT Combo remote or one for an earlier model by mistake?
The GT Media remote that looks the same has different things on the positions for Home etc that are on the Combo remote.

I had no issues moving channels.

Owen
Hi Tanka: I also had no problem moving channels with the remote control, it doesn't work with the channel editor

tanka

Post by tanka »

Change channels no problem.Until the setup band apers authomatic at the (subtitle).And stops everything signal and move channels.Until I press home.But then apers again and again .And the ca 6666 not working no more.Before never that problems.Only after the new firmware

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

tanka wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:43 pm
Change channels no problem.Until the setup band apers authomatic at the (subtitle).And stops everything signal and move channels.Until I press home.But then apers again and again .And the ca 6666 not working no more.Before never that problems.Only after the new firmware
Please explain more what this is?
Until the setup band apers authomatic at the (subtitle)
Is this an app?
Is this a problem when you have the subtitles "ON" but not "OFF"?

Owen

Fashun

Post by Fashun »

Looks to me like the Combo version that used Marshmallow was more stable than this. Every update breaks something else. Currently if you disec it some channels on H polarity wont work unless you switch off Auto and choose either band 9750 or 10600 as the case may be. I am so disappointed with the whole system.

tanka

Post by tanka »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:26 pm
tanka wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:43 pm
Please explain more what this is?
Until the setup band apers authomatic at the (subtitle)
Is this an app?
Is this a problem when you have the subtitles "ON" but not "OFF"?

Owen
Owen the problem the Subtitle don't give me the option on and off .I looking for that

tanka

Post by tanka »

I decide to use the keyboard and press ESC.And the subtitle out. And all channels working .About the remote problem persist. In the channels and password 6666 for the softcam.The password 6666 I tray in the keyboard and sofcam and cccam working now

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”