EPG issue + OK Channel List idea

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

p_siewierski

EPG issue + OK Channel List idea

Post by p_siewierski »

HI

My box is updated to the newest firmware. I just got this box week ago and new upgrade just has been flashed. Was used before E2 and EPG on this box is very bad.

EPG is not working as it should. I can see same channel epg info on all other channels. When you press again green button to change view i can see list is going better but only 14 channels to see and after another page view epg is going to back on first page. But channels are not on same collumn but going on all page.

Second. Why you do not add small epg channel info when you press "OK" to see list. (E2 - option) very friendly. You do not need channel details on this option as all users they use this "ok" option button to see full channels list. So small epg include next 5 programs playing will be better then channel quality - mpg info.....

Third, Why when you press info x2 you can see channel details as larger screen and only very small window for actually epg program playing.

Fourth , why remote control buttons are not configure? Volume has separate buttons + pad left /right as well. But channel only work with up/dow but buttons page down/up is not sync witn channel cange but jump to next page. stupid idea. So remote setup buttons should be added

Fifth. Can we add time on front box when your box is on sleep mode/standby?
Attachments
ok button E2.jpg
ok button E2.jpg (194.54 KiB) Viewed 856 times
ok button view option.jpg
ok button view option.jpg (418.59 KiB) Viewed 856 times
same channel epg shows on all.jpg
same channel epg shows on all.jpg (367.67 KiB) Viewed 856 times
info - to small .jpg
info - to small .jpg (496.89 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Last edited by p_siewierski on Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlero

Re: EPG issue + OK Channel List idea

Post by mlero »

theit always shows the same title after switching on the EPG.
Attachments
IMG_20220828_153811.jpg
IMG_20220828_153811.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 845 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The last software did show the program content in the EPG page if you were on that program. This new version does not show it for some formats of EGP content, like my local MHEC5 format, while it does show the EPG program content for DW TV from another satellite.

I have notified GT Media on this.

I too would like a larger font for the program content in the double click info page.

The 14:00 New:Judge Rinder is from my local New Zealand EPG and must have got there from some user data set I sent to GT Media at some time. When another program content is found that is a format that can still be displayed, this is removed.

Another EPG problem I have is when channels change the start / stop times of programs. The Combo keeps all the old times and displays all these multiple program listing and I can use the down button for many extra lines in the EPG window. Sometimes Channel 7 from Australia will change the start / stop times four or more times and I can have 18 lines in the window instead of the 7 it should be.
I have asked for the EPG memory location to be added to the OSCam ftp server (http://192.168.1.79:8081/files) so users can clear EPG files or add their own

The other big bug with this version of software is that when you change channel using up or down and there is "No Signal" there is no info bar shown so you do not know if you have pressed the button or not.
Older software did not do this, but still had a small delay to display the info bar if there is no signal.

The page up down button is useful to jump ten channels through a channel list.
Now days I use a learning remote and program the buttons as I like.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mlero

Post by mlero »

Tytuł audycji jest ucięty bo epg wyświetla go w jednej linii razem z datą i godziną.
Trzeba zmniejszyć litery albo rozdzielić na dwie linie.

The title of the broadcast is cut off because epg displays it on one line with the date and time.
You have to make the letters smaller or split them into two lines.
Attachments
IMG_20220829_193010.jpg
IMG_20220829_193010.jpg (3.5 MiB) Viewed 773 times

p_siewierski

Post by p_siewierski »

Another issue with Channel List
I do not have Option A-Z i can see only Z-A

When i try to use on one folder all folders are changed as well. What a stupid option

You can spend hours to set list and one click you must start from scratch,

Any hope wto have better OK list and EPG?

p_siewierski

Post by p_siewierski »

Hi Admin

Is there any news with this request? Anyone can start working on more friendly like E2 setup?

p_siewierski

Post by p_siewierski »

Any news who can start work on E2 OK list like attached Pictures?
This build in EPG is very bad to use,
Please start work on this asap.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”