GT Combo audio cuts out

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Dash12

GT Combo audio cuts out

Post by Dash12 »

Hello,I have a sound problem.Please help.
Sound interrupts on all HD programs. There are no problems with SD programs.The problem
started after the Firmware update GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.18_20220816.When I restart it
everything is fine.But I prefer the power button should be sleep,not power off,because
after power off takes a very long time started.The problem appears after waking up from
sleep.
So far I have tried the following with no success:
I deleted all TV programs and rescanned the satellite(Helas 39E) again.
I tried all settings for audio,resolution,HDR,SDR.
The audio language settings for the TV programs are correct.
If I downgrade to GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.14_20220112 everything is ok,but after a few
days it auto-updates to GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.18_20220816 and the sound cuts out again.
I always update firmware locally,never online.
I changed the HDMI cable, LNB cable.

gestereo

Re: GT Combo audio cuts out

Post by gestereo »

I've had this problem every since I got the device. thanks

roman1963

Post by roman1963 »

Upload this soft from the link, no update message, so it should be ok.

USB ZIP upgrade firmware:
GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.17_20220527.zip
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18XBq90 ... GcG1o/view

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

Thanks roman1963. Your suggestion solved the problem. Hopefully the problem will be fixed in the next updates, after GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.18_20220816.

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

I tried the update GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.19_20221027. Unfortunately, the problem is not solved!

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

I tried the update GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.20. The problem is not solved!
The sound and video cuts out on all HD programs on Helas 39E, except the Greek ERT WORLD HD.
Please help!

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

I tried the update GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.27. The problem is not solved!
Update:The sound and video cuts out on all programs on the transponder 12463 H 30000 Helas 39E. I don't understand what makes this transponder more special than others?Unfortunately, there are the most important channels.
Please help!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried deleting the TP and rescanning it.
Online updates have in the past given problems with the current in unit channel list.

Also if you press and hold the power button you are given options for power off, sadly not standby.
The GT combo has a menu option for setting the power button function.
Main android menu / settings / Droid settings.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

Have you tried deleting the TP and rescanning it... - Yes,of course.
Online updates have in the past given problems with the current in unit channel list... - I always do local update from USB FLASH

The GT combo has a menu option for setting the power button function... -The answer is in my first post: "If i choose restart or power off,
everything is fine.After the start sound and picture are OK,all channels. But I prefer the power button should be sleep, not power off, because
after power off takes a very long time to started. The problem appears after waking up from sleep."

I would like to remind you that up to and including the GTCOMBO_v2.0_C20.A9.1.17 update, this problem did not exist. That is why I am still on this old version of the firmware and cannot use the new updates.

Thank you for your attention!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Sorry yes you had said those things in your first post.

There is the option for HDMI cec in the droid preferences, but I don't think that is the issue.

I had a TV that would loose the HDMI setup with the combo after power off on of the TV.
I wonder if this issue for you is your TV changing its HDMI set up with the combo when the combo goes into standby?
To test, restart your TV after you power up from standby.

There may be options in the TV for what it does when the HDMI goes dark.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

" Feralkiwi :There is the option for HDMI cec in the droid preferences"

I've tried on 3 different TVs with 3 different HDMI cables.
I did the test you suggested but no success. I know you have helped many users with your tips.
Other GT COMBO owners have also written to me, who have the same problem on other satellites (45E, 4W).
I want to add that I have both v8 NOVA and V8 UHD, but they have never had this problem.
In my opinion, since the problem first appears in firmware version v2.0_C20.A9.1.18, the best solution is for GT Media programmers to revise the changes made in this version and then the problem will be detected. Unfortunately, they are not intrigued enough. However, I respect their work and assume they are busy programming for the new products. But it's good to work out the issues with the older products over time.

upsnowman

Post by upsnowman »

I have this issue too and just opened another thread on the same issue. Its horrible. My other GTMedia boxes work absolutely fine. This problem cripples this box and makes it useless until its fixed sad to say.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Dash12 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:20 pm
" Feralkiwi :There is the option for HDMI cec in the droid preferences"

I've tried on 3 different TVs with 3 different HDMI cables.
I did the test you suggested but no success. I know you have helped many users with your tips.
Other GT COMBO owners have also written to me, who have the same problem on other satellites (45E, 4W).
I want to add that I have both v8 NOVA and V8 UHD, but they have never had this problem.
In my opinion, since the problem first appears in firmware version v2.0_C20.A9.1.18, the best solution is for GT Media programmers to revise the changes made in this version and then the problem will be detected. Unfortunately, they are not intrigued enough. However, I respect their work and assume they are busy programming for the new products. But it's good to work out the issues with the older products over time.
You say this happens on 45e and 4w satellites.
So this does not happen on other satellites.

Please list the TP's / channels that do this on those satellites.

My combo does not open the video from some types of TP format on sports feeds and I did send a TP record of this to GT Media.
Like you say other boxes showed this feed OK.

Yes I agree there is a format missing from the combo.
Now that you have pointed this issue to just those satellites having another example of the issue may help GT Media find their missing format.

I did find pressing Green for other player did show the feed I had issue with, try that with your satellites.

Owen

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

Like I said,after a reset all channels work great.That means there is no missing format in my case.The problems come after waking up from sleep. Changing the player doesn't help.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maybe don't use sleep, shut down and power on again.
This lets the unit cool as well.

If you press and hold the power button on the remote, a menu for restart will show.
There is also an option in the android / setting / droid settings for power key setting.

Owen

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

Feralkiwi,thanks for the advice,but I can't wait 20 times a day for 2 minutes until GT COMBO starts up and connects to the internet.This is not convenient.The device should be able to go to sleep and wake up without any problems.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

What I was suggesting was maybe the sound delay is a fault related to putting the unit in standby, so try not using standby to see if that fixes it.

Another user made comment much the same as you and also uses standby.

Owen

Dash12

Post by Dash12 »

Last update:
After waking up from sleep, sound and video are interrupted on all channels on the transponder 12463H30000 Hellas 39E and all channels on the transponders 11016H35300 and 12648V29500 on 5W Eutelsat5.
The same Italian channels that break on 11016H35300,work without problems on transponder 11637V35296 on 5w Eutelsat5.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”