gtcombo problems in version 18

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

emer62304

gtcombo problems in version 18

Post by emer62304 »

unfortunately this forum has little or no information about gtmedia gtcombo stb.
I faced a lot of problems in the latest version 18 .if anyone knows the solutions to the below problems please share them here , otherwise forward them to gtcombo firmware devoloper to correct for them in future updates.
thanks for supporting this stb .
1- another keyboard like leankey keyboard can be installed and selected as an active keyboard , but it doesn't show when typing.
2- with two similar apps installed in stb , the default app can't be selected, it doesn't show (this time , always) option in version 18, but in lower versions it's shown , for example if I install VLC player, each time I want to play a video, it asks for a selection between VLC and default movie player but doesn't show ( this time or always ) option to set the default application.
3- if I am satisfied with lower version ,it continuously notifies for update and can't be disabled.
4- with ATV launcher installed, each time I exit an application, it starts from scratch as if it's booting for the first time.
5- TWRP recovery that runs temporary and doesn't effect future updates but is needed for backing up the whole rom , can't be installed with local update and givs error 21 .
6- live wallpaper and widgets don't work in third party launchers like ATV launcher.
7- there is no reset button , in case we need to burn .img file with usb burning tool, how can we go to recovery mode without reset button.
9- what is instructions for a bricked or dead stb ? is there a short pin method available? if yes what pins of nand Chip should be shorted in order to revive stb with usb burning tool ?
10- devoloper options after activated can't be maintained and as soon as you go out of setting , it deactivates .

bert61

Re: gtcombo problems in version 18

Post by bert61 »

the last version of gtcombo doesn't have the reset button
(with reset button you have CWM clockworkmod as a old cellular)

in case of problem you can upload the firmware using a usb cable (usb cable brush upgrade guide)
see:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12172
gt series usb cable brush upgrade guide20190218.zip

read the document
gt series usb cable brush upgrade guide20190218.pdf

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

what I mean by reset button , is the button that is hidden inside A/V port in some devices .and when kept pressed while plugging in power , causes the device to go to the recovery screen.
have you tried the method mentioned in that pdf ,it is impossible without going to recovery, usb burning fails

bert61

Post by bert61 »

there are some apps to have cwm recovery and change the firmware
but if your gtcombo is "bricked" you can do nothing

Code: Select all

https://freeappsforme.com/free-cwm-recovery-apps-android/

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-clockworkmod/

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/smartphones/how-to-use-clockworkmod-recovery-on-android/
also i don't know to install the above apps you need a "rooted" gtcombo

bert61

Post by bert61 »

also the gtcombo is like a "cellular"

try to enable "Developer Options" using a mini-keyboard
and then enable USB Debugging

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

bert61 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:27 am
also the gtcombo is like a "cellular"

try to enable "Developer Options" using a mini-keyboard
and then enable USB Debugging
although in version 18 devoloper options is accessable but can not be maintained ,but by downgrading to version 17 it is solved and accessable,
I think the main problem is that bootloader is locked so rooting or running TWRP is impossible.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

maybe someday a genius devoloper or expert in firmware solves these issues,

bert61

Post by bert61 »

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

bert61 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:26 am
see for twrp
https://freeappsforme.com/free-cwm-reco ... -twrp-apps
thank you for trying to help me but there is no unique TWRP for all devices, each device has a special working TWRP

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

hi

1, you can only have one Bluetooth device connected.
Try the keyboard with the remote Unpaired.
Note you need to reboot the box after unpairing the remote.

3. In apps settings there are options to turn off notifications in the update app.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:33 am
hi

1, you can only have one Bluetooth device connected.
Try the keyboard with the remote Unpaired.
Note you need to reboot the box after unpairing the remote.

Owen
if I unpair the included physical remote control, how can I control the device? each device can have many virtual keyboards installed but only one of them activated.
anyhow this is one of issues of version 18 and can be solved by downgrading firmware to lower versions.the main problem is that in spite of being the best product of gtmedia , why bootloader is locked and there is weak support for this device.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When unpaired and Bluetooth is off for the remote, the remote acts as a normal IR remote.
Remember the power on function of the remote is always IR as the Bluetooth is not active in standby mode.
The learning buttons of the remote are also always IR.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 pm
When unpaired and Bluetooth is off for the remote, the remote acts as a normal IR remote.
Remember the power on function of the remote is always IR as the Bluetooth is not active in standby mode.

Owen
🙏 nice information ! I didn't know that , thanks

I think you may help me, from ten issues mentioned in post #1 , issues number 1 , 2 , 3 and 10 can be solved by lowering version of the firmware that hopefully they would be corrected in future updates, the rest is unsolved.
I think the GTUI is a mess and should be substituted with a good launcher like Wolf launcher or a full featured OS like Slimbox makes it a top device , Slimbox adds extra features like notification bar , status bar , navigation bar , root and unroot with one click customized or auto frame rate and so on , furthermore it brings the android tv main screen with lot of updating channels like YouTube , would you talk to devoloper for correcting above issues and specially a rooted firmware update so devolopers could solve for Slimbox OS or at least installing ATV launcher in system folder as a default launcher , thanks again.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

a device being officially rooted is not a negative point, on the contrary, devolopers can work on it and make it better .
let's give you an example.
Xxxxxxxx is a xxxxxxx with lots of issues and no place in market, because it has locked system and bootloader. other product of this campany named xx is officially rooted and even though initially it came to market with lots of issues , but because it was rooted , experts have devoloped Android tv and enigma OS for it and it became one of top sale product of company.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Owen
I did as you said, but leankey keyboard pro didn't show when typing.
Attachments
leankey keyboard activated but doesn't show when typing
leankey keyboard activated but doesn't show when typing
DSC_0262.JPG (8.25 MiB) Viewed 1876 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The key board may not be Bluetooth then, it may be no driver, an issue beyond me.

I would hope the GT Media programmers see your comment on rooting.

Owen

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

this is last page of log when installing TWRP either from local update or in recovery mode which ended with error 21 .
I think build.prop can be easily configured by manufacturer to accept installing temporary TWRP in order to backup whole rom.
Attachments
DSC_0271.JPG
DSC_0271.JPG (4.57 MiB) Viewed 1848 times
DSC_0271.JPG
DSC_0271.JPG (4.57 MiB) Viewed 1848 times

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

emer62304 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:28 pm
unfortunately this forum has little or no information about gtmedia gtcombo stb.
I faced a lot of problems in the latest version 18 .if anyone knows the solutions to the below problems please share them here , otherwise forward them to gtcombo firmware devoloper to correct for them in future updates.
thanks for supporting this stb .
1- another keyboard like leankey keyboard can be installed and selected as an active keyboard , but it doesn't show when typing.
2- with two similar apps installed in stb , the default app can't be selected, it doesn't show (this time , always) option in version 18, but in lower versions it's shown , for example if I install VLC player, each time I want to play a video, it asks for a selection between VLC and default movie player but doesn't show ( this time or always ) option to set the default application.
3- if I am satisfied with lower version ,it continuously notifies for update and can't be disabled.
4- with ATV launcher installed, each time I exit an application, it starts from scratch as if it's booting for the first time.
5- TWRP recovery that runs temporary and doesn't effect future updates but is needed for backing up the whole rom , can't be installed with local update and givs error 21 .
6- live wallpaper and widgets don't work in third party launchers like ATV launcher.
7- there is no reset button , in case we need to burn .img file with usb burning tool, how can we go to recovery mode without reset button.
9- what is instructions for a bricked or dead stb ? is there a short pin method available? if yes what pins of nand Chip should be shorted in order to revive stb with usb burning tool ?
10- devoloper options after activated can't be maintained and as soon as you go out of setting , it deactivates .
all of issues exist in version 19 , deos devoloper see this gtmedia official forum before giving update ????

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

For the upgrade notification, try setting notifications to off in the update app.

I found I can add a BISS key by typing it into the OSCAM file / BISS page and hit save.
A good little short cut.
Access 192:168:your:IP:8081 (eg 192:168:1:72:8081) in the address line of the browser.
Keep it in favorite.

Owen

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

i found rooting method for this device and published it in xxxxx.if anyone interested

erosman87

Post by erosman87 »

Thanx . Now we can have root , twrp ,make backup and restore , also we have pin shortcut to restore bricked one ,and ttl pins for com port putty . For further updates we just easy can restore stock recovery .

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

emer62304 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:49 am
i found rooting method for this device and published it in xxxxx.if anyone interested
Good work @emer62304, I was able to copy all the steps but I get a 404 error when I try to download the 7z file ( most probably your forum server is blocking me as I am not a registered user), can you put it on a public server and send me a PM with the link. Thank you and thank you for your hard work.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

yesesta wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:18 pm
emer62304 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:49 am
Good work @emer62304, I was able to copy all the steps but I get a 404 error when I try to download the 7z file ( most probably your forum server is blocking me as I am not a registered user), can you put it on a public server and send me a PM with the link. Thank you and thank you for your hard work.
I published all you need in YouTube,just search for it

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”