missing feature in updates version 18 and 19 gtcombo

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

emer62304

missing feature in updates version 18 and 19 gtcombo

Post by emer62304 »

up to version 17 in gtcombo, you can select default application with (always) option so that this dialog won't apear again.as shown in attachment.
but in new updates version 18 and 19 this feature is missing, as shown in attachment .
does anybody know why devoloper is degrading gtcombo updates?
Attachments
in version 18 and 19
in version 18 and 19
Screenshot_20221120-022054.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 793 times
in version 17 and lower
in version 17 and lower
Screenshot_20221119-184212.png (33.21 KiB) Viewed 793 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: missing feature in updates version 18 and 19 gtcombo

Post by Feralkiwi »

After loading a new software version I have found the Chrome browser does not have a "Home" button.
After 4 days the browser has updated it self and there now is a "Home" button, and some censorship functions that stop you accessing some web sites.
It may be that the function you ask for is part of this Chrome update.

I have found I can revert back to the factory version in settings / apps / view all / system apps / Chrome / revert to factory version. I use to do a factory reset every four days to maintain full web access.

When the Home button appears on your Chrome browser, check again if these function now work.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:31 pm
When the Home button appears on your Chrome browser, check again if these function now work.

Owen
It is not related to an application it is related to two applications that do the same job in the system and android UI can't decide which of the two applications should do the job and asks the user by opening a dialog box and present both apps in separate lines and also show another line containing two options (just once - always) in order that user decides which of them should do the action and also user also should decide the selected app should be the default app for the same job or this dialog should open again for the same actions.
for example in first screenshot for a voice command that is requested by me there are two applications present in the system.( google assistant and podbox) and system can't decide which of them should do the job and asks me to select one of them or if I wish that one of them should be the default app for the same job system offers two options in third line (just once or always) and if I select always option, then the selected app will be the default app for the same actions, and this dialog won't open again but if Iselect (just once) this dialog will open again until I decide for default application.
but the third line describing options (just once - always) is not shown and omitted in versions 18 and 19 and that's a system fault.
in second screenshot, a web link should be opened and two applications (chrome and tv browser) can do this job and they are presented by system to be chosen and user should decide which of them should open that link.

this is a system fault that the third line doesn't show in dialog box to let the user to assign one of the applications as a default app to do the same job.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes but my point is after a software upgrade / reset there is a lot of stuff downloaded and updated, not just the browser.
I use different internet now, but all the early version updated were followed by 80Mb of download I could see on my internet data use monitor.

My point was if you just updated in the last three days all this auto update of the android systems may not be complete yet.

The problem you have may be from another issue.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:01 pm

The problem you have may be from another issue.

Owen
ok, I understood that until you experience this issue, you won't report it to devoloper to correct for it in the next update.
so please do as follows to experience that.
in the attachment I uploaded a tv internet browser (very good browser devoloped especially fot TV) and a web link, please download these two files and move to your gtmedia gtcombo running version 18 or 19 update.
install tv browser. after installing that, your system will have two applications capable of opening web links. one is default system internet browser and the other is tv browser that you have just installed.
now open the web link that I attached in this post, (an internet shortcut to this site).
now when opening that link, gtcombo finds two web browsers in system and opens a dialog box asking you to choose one of them for opening that link but doesn't show the third line showing options (just once - always).for you to select one of them as default web browser. and that is the issue that should be corrected otherwise everytime you open a web link. this dialog box appears.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OjZNTJ ... share_link

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I do understand your issue with setting the default browser.

I do hope GT Media see this topic / post, I am not trying to filter your issue from them.

I too have tried other browsers, but as they did not fix the issue I had I removed them.
Your link only provided me with file names, not links to software.
I would indeed like to try this TV browser so please could you post a link.

Owen

emer62304

Post by emer62304 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:53 pm
Yes I do understand your issue with setting the default browser.

Your link only provided me with file names, not links to software.
I would indeed like to try this TV browser so please could you post a link.

Owen
the last post link opens google drive that if you press download icon i in the top of that page you can download zip file anyhow I tried to attach zip file in my post but it was stucked in the middle of upload with http rror
Attachments
Screenshot_20221123-135313.png
Screenshot_20221123-135313.png (158.18 KiB) Viewed 592 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thanks.

I had missed the download icon, sadly I'm old of the generation that reads English, but not so much icon.

Got it download and will try.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”