GTCOMBO Firmware Update?

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

thenic123

GTCOMBO Firmware Update?

Post by thenic123 »

Hi.

I recently purchased the GTCombo Box. Getting used to it and find it nice to use. I wish it came with a detailed user guide but working it out none the less.

My question is, a notification for a firmware upgrade keeps popping up and not sure whether too install it or not, like is it stable? I don't use DVB( satellite) only local digital TV.

I've taken pictures of the current firmware (black screen) and the proposed upgrade.
Attachments
Upgrade FW
Upgrade FW
20230210_123519.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 1469 times
Current FW
Current FW
20230210_123453.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 1469 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTCOMBO Firmware Update?

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have found this new version OK.

I did have issues after doing the auto update as that does not do a reset and leaves you channel list etc on the box.
If you do a reset after letting it load and update, remember to d=back up your channel list, softcam ccam account details before reset.

If you want to stop the update message, go to the update app and turn off notifications.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

thenic123

Post by thenic123 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:57 am

I did have issues after doing the auto update as that does not do a reset and leaves you channel list etc on the box.
If you do a reset after letting it load and update, remember to d=back up your channel list, softcam ccam account details before reset.

If you want to stop the update message, go to the update app and turn off notifications.

Owen
@Feralkiwi

Thanks for the reply.

How do you reset it without losing the update?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The update, the newly installed software stays in the unit, just all the other stuff is reset, apps removed, channel list gone etc.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

api

Post by api »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:57 am

Owen
Thus, it is not possible to turn off the intrusive update messages, currently the only solution is to disable the network connection, but this disproportionately limits the capabilities of the box.
Please add a real switch to turn off the OTA update!

eurostar

Post by eurostar »

Hello,

Maybe I've mist something but with the new C20.A9.1.20 I don't find the cccam behind the CA Information (6666) has something changed or Is It not Available anymore?
Can I still connect with Ipadress and port? If yes witch port?

thx!

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

eurostar wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:24 pm
Hello,

Maybe I've mist something but with the new C20.A9.1.20 I don't find the cccam behind the CA Information (6666) has something changed or Is It not Available anymore?
Can I still connect with Ipadress and port? If yes witch port?

thx!
menu

Installation

CS Protocol

Server Setting

Add (Red Button)

Server Setting

eurostar

Post by eurostar »

It used to go in the previous firmware,but now I don't see the cs protocol... can anybodyconfirm this?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Action as follows as cpr43 has said.
Menu / Installation / 6666 / CS Protocol comes to the screen, move the curser down to this, move the curser over to the right and action as you wish.

Den

eurostar

Post by eurostar »

Believe It or not,but you guys know what the reason was? The batteries from the remote were allmost finished...

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”