GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Lining
网站管理员

GTX COMBO SSD/HDD Hard Disk

Post by Lining »

GTX COMBO SSD/HDD Hard Disk
GTX COMBO support: SSD and HDD
Hard disks include solid-state drives (SSD disks) and mechanical hard disk drives (HDDs).
SSD.jpg
SSD.jpg (112.21 KiB) Viewed 6800 times
SATA-HDD.jpg
SATA-HDD.jpg (65.94 KiB) Viewed 6800 times
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

aprasha

Re: GTX COMBO SSD/HDD Hard Disk

Post by aprasha »

Since it has almost the same hardware as GT Combo, is there any "good news" about mars for this model?

Amir24

Post by Amir24 »

We want a Mars server on devices gt combo and gtx combo

M@hsen

Post by M@hsen »

Amir24 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:19 pm
We want a Mars server on devices gt combo and gtx combo
خبری نیست دوست عزیز فعلا .خیلی سوال شد اما همه شد در آینده

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

I got everything to work on this GTX Combo box except for the SSD hard drive, after formatting using GTX box keeps saying unsupported and when I click on the red button no storage found.

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

Hi.
I formatted different ways couldn't make it see HDD.
Tried again NTFS, pushed the HDD in but seemed like it could go just a bit more.
Pushed harder, felt it very slightly click.
My 320g shows as 298g, but it has been "safely ejected".
Reformatted Fat32, CLICKED it in, bingo, good 298g HDD.
Tested recording 2 hr limit.

Reformatted to exFat, clicked in 298g but limit was the size of the drive. Success.
In my case I thought it was in, but a slightly harder push made the difference.

I hope this helps someone else.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Ivn101 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:17 am
Hi.
I formatted different ways couldn't make it see HDD.
Tried again NTFS, pushed the HDD in but seemed like it could go just a bit more.
Pushed harder, felt it very slightly click.
My 320g shows as 298g, but it has been "safely ejected".
Reformatted Fat32, CLICKED it in, bingo, good 298g HDD.
Tested recording 2 hr limit.

Reformatted to exFat, clicked in 298g but limit was the size of the drive. Success.
In my case I thought it was in, but a slightly harder push made the difference.

I hope this helps someone else.
Thank You!!!

I looked at the GTX SSD mount and found this.

The metallic brown plastic molding that supports the SSD stops the SSD from fully connecting with the socket.
With the plastic molding removed the SSD will connect about another 0.7mm.
The old Hard drive fully connects with the plastic molding in place.
Of note as well the older hard drive has pins that end level to the outer edge of the connector, while the new SSD drive had rounded pin ends.

Please remember if you remove your molding, when you replace the screws to avoid stripping the screw holes, turn the screw backwards until you feel / hear a click. That click is when the screw thread is in the start of the thread cut in the hole already. Then screw the screw in.

The pictures:
GTXSSD1
Shows the two marks I made on the connector circled in red.

GTXSSD2
Shows the SSD drive in with the molding. Note the marks in red as to how far into the connector it goes.
Also note the SSD is hard against the molding, circled in Blue and the angled corner of the clips / guide of the connection are still seen, in yellow.

GTXSSD3
Shows the SSD in with the molding removed. Note the angled corner of the clips / guides can not be seen now. Circled in Yellow. One of the depth marks can not be seen not, marked in red.
Note also that the case for the hard drive is recessed back that 0.7mm at either side of the connector.

GTXSSD4
Shows the Hard Drive in the slot with the molding removed. Note it does not cover the first depth mark circled in red.

GTXSSD5
Shows the pins of the two drives, the Hard Drive is on top. Note the depth of wear on the hard drive compared to the SSD and the pin end shape.

I would suggest to others to try their SSD drive with the molding removed.

For me it is too late. The GTX Combo, I think, is damaged some how and will not boot correctly with the 2Tb SSD in it.
It still works with the Hard Drive and the SSD works on my PC.
The standard USB port no longer works after all USB ports shut down with the drive in.

Owen
GTXSSD1.jpg
GTXSSD1.jpg (478.34 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
GTXSSD2.jpg
GTXSSD2.jpg (585.36 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
GTXSSD3.jpg
GTXSSD3.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 4754 times
GTXSSD4.jpg
GTXSSD4.jpg (493.85 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
GTXSSD5.jpg
GTXSSD5.jpg (630.53 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Cheap SSD may be the issue!!!

Post by Feralkiwi »

Well some more looking!!

Maybe the issue is the cheap SSD's are fake!!!

Every time I slow format this SSD I brought, it stops the format.
Today I have tried many formats from disk management in windows.
In the end the thing will log on to windows, be "Seen" by windows, but not list in the my computer window.

I took the cover off the SSD and typed the board number into Google.

A Russian buyer says the chips are only 60Gb each, so 120Gb total for the drive.
Fraud he says.
The comments and translations and links for this are below.

So the GTX has issues when looking for 2Tb when there is only 120Gb.
I did get it running in the GTX once today by pressing it in with the GTX power on,
A few seconds and it was seen and the Auto Play came up.
I could then save my User DB to it and see the DB file in the file browser.
It would not come back again after a power off.

Tried a low Gb format as last resort. Failed
The SSD will not now show in windows.

Owen

ВАЖНО: Ни в коем случае не покупайте данный товар. Это лохотрон. Китайцы придумали шикарную схему мошенничества: они прошивают контроллер SSD диска как будто он большого объема 2Tb, а, по факту, это обычные 120Gb. У меня диск определился в BIOS, но дальше дело не пошло. Я не могу им пользоваться. ИНФОРМАЦИЯ: Товар не соответствует заявленной ёмкости. Буду открывать спор. Очень надеюсь, что руководство сайта AliExpress с пониманием отнесётся к моей претензии: SSD-диск построен на 2 микросхемах 29FSRHB2KIBTM4 каждая по 60Gb на контроллере RM1135_2.5inch_4NAND_152BGA_4L_v1.0. Другими словами общий объём диска всего 120Gb. Никак не 2Tb. Но даже этим объёмом нельзя пользоваться! Ведь под Windows этот диск никак не определяется. Под Acronics этот диск видно, но он не форматируется ВООБЩЕ.
Google Translate:
IMPORTANT: Do not under any circumstances purchase this product. This is a scammer. The Chinese have come up with a smart fraud scheme: they are flashing the controller of the SSD disk as if it were a large 2Tb, but, in fact, these are ordinary 120Gb. My disk was defined in the BIOS, but things didn't go any further. I can't use it. INFORMATION: The product does not correspond to the declared capacity. I will open a dispute. I really hope that the management of the AliExpress website will treat my claim with understanding: the SSD is built on 2 chips 29FSRHB2KIBTM4 each with 60Gb on the RM1135_2.5inch_4NAND_152BGA_4L_v1.0 controller. In other words, the total disk space is only 120Gb. Not 2TB at all. But even this volume cannot be used! After all, under Windows this disk is not detected in any way. Under Acronics this disk is visible, but it is not formatted AT ALL.

Code: Select all

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005073112636.html?sku_id=12000031530253578

хлам, после 95 Гб диск пропал. с этим хламом я купил у другого продавца м2 диск тоже на 2гб. та же история. в итоге я отдал 7000₽ двум не добросовестным продавцам. когда нормальный диск на 1тб со скоростью 3500, а не 350мбт, стоит 10000 у нас в торговых сетях. даже если вернут деньги за этот диск, так как второй я проверил через 16 дней и спор открыть невозможно, всё равно никому не советую связываться с подобным товаром. продавец 100% знает что это бракованные диски и продолжает обманывать людей. которые не проверяя ставят 5 звëзд при получении товара.
Google Translate:
rubbish, after 95 GB the disk disappeared. with this rubbish, I bought a m2 disk from another seller, also 2GB. the same story. in the end, I gave 7000₽ to two dishonest sellers. when a normal 1TB disk with a speed of 3500, not 350mb, costs 10,000 in our retail chains. even if they return the money for this disc, since I checked the second one after 16 days and it is impossible to open a dispute, I still do not advise anyone to contact such a product. the seller knows 100% that these are defective discs and continues to deceive people. who without checking give 5 stars upon receipt of the goods.

Code: Select all

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005004901006315.html
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Of note

I did put a much smaller SSD a friend has into the GTX and it did the same thing, black after boot and not seen.
Of note for that SDD, it was spec'd at 5V 2.0A.

May still be the power.

Owen

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Ok I did what you suggested I removed copper top off you need a torque screwdriver to get the screws out. I pushed my SSD drive as hard as I could it and saw the SSD drive. It work a few times and then after reboot couldn’t find the hard once again

I have came to the conclusion that the problem is this cheap Hard
Drive interface, I guess some are lucky then others with there’s GTX Media they need a to send out a replacement for anyone’s that is not connecting to their hard drive properly to the interface.l

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Today I tried a few more things.

I noted that there is a capacitor position on the board not used for the 5V for the SATA SSD slot.
I added a small cap, then a 15v 35uF electrolytic, and it still does not run the SSD's.

I then added another 5V supply in addition to the supply on the board, still does not work.

My conclusion now is this is not a power supply issue to the SSD.

I also find a menu option in the android menus, Storage, where you can click on eject and remove the SSD.
I see there that when I plug in the 2Tb SSD I wait for a few seconds and then see:

SSD 2TB USB drive
SSD 2TB USB drive is safely ejected

I get the same message from the older and smaller SSD.
Of note this message comes up even with the coper color molding in place so the drive connection is not as deep into the connector and is likely not full the issue.

The GTX Combo USB Drive board is seeing the drive, talking to it and then ejecting it.

I now concur with Need2learn the the issue is the "Hard
Drive interface", cheap or other wise.

I have tried all sorts of formats, other SSD drives, power supply boasts, all fail to fix this.
Both SSD drives work well in all other equipment I have tried.
Of note the SSD pictured by Lining at the top of this topic is a older SSD, based on the "Ready Cache" on its lable.

The only last thing I can think of is that the connection is not fully in and the first time you connect one of these modern SSD units, that do not have the corners cut back like old drive, the drive interface is some how damaged.
As communication with the drive is shown with the molding in place as above, I doubt this as well, But then I did have all my USB port fail the first times I had the SSD drive in and work, then fail and the USB2.0 port no longer works.

I now give up on SSD's in the GTX.

Sad.

Owen
P1014243.JPG
P1014243.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4628 times
P1014246.JPG
P1014246.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4628 times
P1014247.JPG
P1014247.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4628 times
P1014248.JPG
P1014248.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 4628 times

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Exactly because the GTX is using a 12v 3.0 amp power supply, trust me I have tried everything.. and I did get it to work like for 10 mins or so.
Then when I rebooted the unit the SAME THING.. WE NEED A REPLACEMENT FOR THIS CHEAP every other person can get it work... Piece of
Crap HARD DRIVE INTERFACE..

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Update I was finally able to get my hard drive to work properly by taking the hard drive and pushing it using a knife between the hard drive and
the unit rebooted it and it works now..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Need2learn wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:04 pm
Update I was finally able to get my hard drive to work properly by taking the hard drive and pushing it using a knife between the hard drive and
the unit rebooted it and it works now..
So this is your "HARD" drive, not a SSD?

My hard drives also have always worked, just the SDD's not running.

Owen

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Yes I got the SSD drive to work

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

Just a side note, may be irrelevant, but I got "safely ejected" with NTFS formatting.

I got functional drive with Fat32 and exFat.

ExFat got me past the filesize issue, allowing larger recordings.

Hope this helps.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Ivn101 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:47 pm
Just a side note, may be irrelevant, but I got "safely ejected" with NTFS formatting.

I got functional drive with Fat32 and exFat.

ExFat got me past the filesize issue, allowing larger recordings.

Hope this helps.
Hard drive or SSD?

The issues we have had are with SSD. Hard drives work OK.

Owen

Su1054

Re: GTX COMBO HDD 1 TB tanımıyor

Post by Su1054 »

Yardım istiyorum
Benim GTX COMBO 1 TB HDD yi tanımıyor. Yalnız 500 GB lık HDD yi tanıyor. Ne yapmam gerek. Yardımınız için teşekkür ederim.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Do you mean it sees 500Mb of the 1Tb drive or another 500Mb drive.

I had issues with a 2Tb drive, SSD
Found out it was only 500Mb as a fake 2Tb drive.

Owen

bantu1957

Post by bantu1957 »

1 tb HDD inserted, system would not wake up!!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bantu1957 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:06 pm
This seems to be a piece of Banned Word. Tested for few hours, the results are very bad in all aspects. This receiver demand to put it straight into bin.
Problem solved.

Owen

Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo »

I had the same Problem

My 512 GB HD didnt works

I Format an partition oft 256 GB with NTFS

Big ID works Android 9 can handle its 32 bit

By

BigAitch

Post by BigAitch »

Hi Gang, I'm just about to add a 2.5" mechanical HDD to my GTX Combo, what format are we recommending ExFAT32 or NTFS?

It's a Western Digital WD Black 1TB WD10SPSX 2.5" SATA III 6Gb/s 7200rpm (7mm Ultra Thin)

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”