GTCombo, searches the satellite normally, but does not memorize channels

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

py4ys

GTCombo, searches the satellite normally, but does not memorize channels

Post by py4ys »

Friends, I bought a Gtmedia Combo 4k and it presents a detail that I need your help: When tuning the satellite, it finds the signal and quality above 90% of the satellite, it does the search and displays the names registered in the transponders, but when this process ends, the receiver does not memorize the channels in any number. If I put an example of channel "channel 1 or 2" it says non-existent channel. the receiver is not memorizing although scanning the satellite finds all available channels but does not display. I'm using the Starone C4 satellite in Band C with an excellent signal on a large 2.8m antenna, I've never had a problem with the signal, signal and quality above 90%. What to do in this case? My most sincere thanks in advance....! Claudio from Brazil.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTCombo, searches the satellite normally, but does not memorize channels

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you getting any channels saved and open, or are all channels not working?

Looking on the internet I see that Star One C4 is listed as only having Ku band transponders?

I have seen channel load but not save on Asiasat7@105.5e.
This was due to those channels being a EPG data set and not active channels on the satellite.
Also any data or EPG channels will display in the scan list, but not load as they are not TV channels.

List the TP frequencies and SR for others here to look at, as that will help with responding to your problem.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

py4ys

Post by py4ys »

Hello friend...! Thanks for the answer! I'm using Band C on StarOne C2/4, see the transponders at the link https://portalbsd.com.br/satelite_canais.php?sat=SC2 , all transponders are searched and found in the installation, but none are saved in the memory of the receiver after this process. I'm still at work, when I get home, I'll put another KU band antenna and test and see if the problem happens the same way. I'll post the result here. Thanks!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Do you have the antenna setting correct?

The normal LNB low frequency for C Band is 5150.
If you are using a satellite on the satellite list that is set for Ku band (9750-10600) that may be the issue.
If you are using a Ku band satellite listing in the satellite list, "ADD" a new satellite and set that up for your dish.

Owen

I see from the link you sent the C band signals are on StarOne D2 satellite, not C4.
Same longitude.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

py4ys

Post by py4ys »

I use lnbf multipoint 5750/5150 in the C band configuration, and the signal on the transponders is active and the receiver locates them normally. Only after the blind search they do not memorize in the channel list. All the names of TVs and radios appear in the search. As for the LNBF configuration, it's right. The detail is memorization. I believe that if I take a screenshot of the problem, I can show you in more detail about memorization. I'll arrange that, I'm still in my work environment. Thanks in advance!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

I see a big problem in this pic.
There should be many listing in that list, IPTV, DVB-T, FTA, HD etc.

Question:
Did you do a software update, using the online auto system as is offered when an update is released?

I too have had issues with doing the online auto update.

You may need to do a full software USB update.
First save all your data, any apps you have added, any Ccam info, Softcam / BISS codes ect as all user data and installed apps will be lost during a USB full update.
Download the update file from this website here. About 730Mb
Put the .zip folder on a USB stick,(or download it with the internet browser in the GT Combo) and open the file browser and click on the .zip folder.
The system will then update using that file and reload the software and clear all user data.

Then your unit should work.
I think this is an issue with the user file not being read correctly by the online auto update system.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I also see that your screen is not set for full picture.
You are missing some of the picture off the sides of your screen.

Press exit twice to exit the DVB app to the Android menu.
Settings / Droid settings / Display / Screen position / then "Zoom out" until you see all the screen.

Owen

py4ys

Post by py4ys »

Dear friend FeralKiwi,
I come to thank you for the enormous friendly support regarding the problem presented to the device, I did a total reset of the device and the list of channels searched on the satellite reappeared, I confess that I use IPTV and there was an extensive grid of channel numbers in that grid. Thank you for your efforts and have a great weekend! God bless you!

pincogt

Post by pincogt »

Hi , another workaround to fix this problem.
Usually the problems happens when it is the first scanning on that satellite, so the satellite is not yet
present in the list with some channels.

You can do in this way :
after scanning of the channels, just download the list of the channels on usb pendrive, then
reload the channel list from pen drive , and you can check that satellite will apeear with list of channels.

If I gt well , after the scanning the channels are there, but simply the satellite is not created.
With workaround suggested , I was able to get it.

BR/pincogt

py4ys

Post by py4ys »

Hello friends! Could anyone tell me if the GTmedia Combo 4K would open the signal from REGIONAL SAT HD TVs active in the KU Band on the 70w satellite? Ex:TP 12000 V SR 29900 | 11820H SR 29900 etc... Is the video decoding type supported by the receiver? Thank you very much in advance...!

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”