GTX Combo - No Custom menu

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

GTX Combo - No Custom menu

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

The GTX combo does not have a "Custom" menu on the android menu home page, like the GT Combo does.

This makes two issues:
1. There is no option to make an app boot on power on, like the DVB app.

2. There is no "Auto Play" ON / OFF option, so on boot the USB (or hard drive?) goes to auto play and you need to press exit or wait for it to time out.

I have been unable to get my GTX to boot OK with a SSD drive in it. Goes OK with an old hard drive.
I now find I can press exit and ok a few times and exit what ever it is doing and access the home menu.
After that I enter the DVB app and can not use any remote for anything, stuck on one channel and needs the power disconnected.

I have also had many times where picture is lost and power level is still shown in the DVB app, but no picture.
Restart of the DVB app does not fix this.

Another is all USB devices are not "Seen" any more. 5 volt rail failure?? This with NO SSD (can't run with SSD in)

Pain also that even with fixed IP set in the menu, the unit gets a new local IP every power boot.
Now up to 192.168.1.226
I wonder what happens when I get to 255?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bert61

Re: GTX Combo - No Custom menu

Post by bert61 »

I think it is better to remove all the bugs from the GTCOMBO before venturing with a new decoder

Why the GTX with the Same Hardware should work better than the GTCombo ?

The GTCOMBO still has bugs....

redwoods
网站管理员

Post by redwoods »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:11 am
Hi

The GTX combo does not have a "Custom" menu on the android menu home page, like the GT Combo does.

This makes two issues:

2. There is no "Auto Play" ON / OFF option, so on boot the USB (or hard drive?) goes to auto play and you need to press exit or wait for it to time out.

I have been unable to get my GTX to boot OK with a SSD drive in it. Goes OK with an old hard drive.
I now find I can press exit and ok a few times and exit what ever it is doing and access the home menu.
After that I enter the DVB app and can not use any remote for anything, stuck on one channel and needs the power disconnected.

I have also had many times where picture is lost and power level is still shown in the DVB app, but no picture.

Another is all USB devices are not "Seen" any more. 5 volt rail failure?? This with NO SSD (can't run with SSD in)

Pain also that even with fixed IP set in the menu, the unit gets a new local IP every power boot.
Now up to 192.168.1.226

Owen
Hello,Owen

Regarding the problem of SSD hard disk identification, it is recommended to format the SSD hard disk on the computer first, and do not use the quick format mode. We have found that if a new hard disk is formatted in the quick format mode, it may not be recognized on the platform.
For other issues, Lining will follow up.
Thanks!

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:11 am
Hi

This makes two issues:

Now up to 192.168.1.226

Owen
Friends, the hard disk cannot be recognized. If normal formatting is not recognized, low formatting can be used. If the machine cannot recognize the hard disk, the hard disk may cause system abnormality, you can try to remove the SSD hard disk to see
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

M@hsen

Post by M@hsen »

Another main problem when recording is that the channel that is being broadcast cannot be paused and then it continues to record for a few minutes. This option is available for receivers of several years ago, but not for this new model.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”