GT remote control

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Ig-Man

GT remote control

Post by Ig-Man »

How to encode the TV buttons of the GT remote control?
I have a Philips TV and its remote control has not any infrared diode.
Philips remote control

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT remote control

Post by Feralkiwi »

I looked on line for other remotes of this type, and some, maybe in error, say "Wireless Communication: IR".

If there is any IR the IR LED will be in the end of the case somewhere.
If you look at the remote through a digital camera while pressing a button, you will see the IR LED flashing.

If there is truly no IR LED function on this remote, then No you can not program the GT Combo remote learn buttons.

One option then is to find a Philips remote of the same era that has IR LED and learn from that remote.

It may also be that the Philips TV that this remote is working also has no IR remote use.
Before trying to find another IR Philips remote, check that your TV has a IR remote input.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Ig-Man

Post by Ig-Man »

My Philips TV has both IR and Radio receivers, but the remote has the radio only.
Well I will try to buy a universal IR remote for the Philips TV. And if it can be paired with the TV, then I will encode the buttons of the GT remote.
Thank you for the tip.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You can test if the Philips can link to the TV remote, for example in the Samsung the option must be chosen for Gtmedia, Openbox and it can already be controlled with just the TV if the HDMI cable does not conflict

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Another idea.

The GT Combo remote does not transmit IR signals while it is Bluetooth paired with the Combo box.
Maybe your Philips TV remote is the same.

Try doing the learn with the TV powered off, not standby off at the power cable.
Or try learning a long away away from the TV so Bluetooth is out of range.

Try this also.
go to the store where you brought the Philips TV.
While there use a Philips IR remote to learn your GT Combo remote.

Remember that of the GT Combo 4 remote learning buttons, only three work IR remote function while the remote is "Paired" with the combo.
The "Set" button will not send a IR command in paired mode.
Only volume + - and TV power work.
The "Set" learning button can be use as a sending button in unpaired mode (IR only).

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Ig-Man

Post by Ig-Man »

I have already bought a IR remote for any Philips TV.
In the evening I will try to learn the GT remote buttons.
Thanks all for your help.

aprasha

Post by aprasha »

How do u start the learning mode? Any manual about it?
Thx in advance!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

aprasha wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:52 pm
How do u start the learning mode? Any manual about it?
Thx in advance!
(V8 series)How to copy remote buttons2019.1.23.zip

Much the same for all GT Media remotes.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”