Reset button.

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

RedFlag

Reset button.

Post by RedFlag »

Hi.
In my newly purchased GTCombo, there is a place for the button in the marked place, but the button is not placed. So I can't get into the recovery menu.
Is there any other way to enter the recovery menu other than the key method? If anyone knows, can you tell?
Thanks.
Attachments
Adsız.jpg
Adsız.jpg (234.39 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Reset button.

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Are you sure there is not an installed button there?
I see yellow and black in the pic.
If there is a button there the push part is centered under the plastic cover
Reset3.jpg
Reset3.jpg (83.61 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
You can short the two contacts of this reset button location using a paper clip, with or without the cover on.
I think this is the instruction in the recovery instructions.
One side of the reset switch location has the contacts connected to ground, the wide area around it is part of the contact.
The active contacts are isolated and you should see an area around them where the main ground is not connected.
Shorting this active contact (normally two contacts, maybe marked "Key") to ground, ground being the outside connection of the LNB cable, will do the reset switch function.

There is info here.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12751&p=123202&hil ... et#p123202

viewtopic.php?t=28439&p=126053#p126053

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11183&p=89531&hili ... ton#p89531
ComboReset.jpg
ComboReset.jpg (268.79 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

redwoods
网站管理员

Post by redwoods »

RedFlag wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:47 am
Hi.
In my newly purchased GTCombo, there is a place for the button in the marked place, but the button is not placed. So I can't get into the recovery menu.
Is there any other way to enter the recovery menu other than the key method? If anyone knows, can you tell?
Thanks.
From this picture, it can be seen that there is a button, and you can enter recovery by pressing the button directly with a sharp object.

RedFlag

Post by RedFlag »

redwoods wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:54 am
RedFlag wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:47 am
Hi.
Thanks.
From this picture, it can be seen that there is a button, and you can enter recovery by pressing the button directly with a sharp object.
The photo does not belong to my device, it belongs to someone else's device. Thank you.

RedFlag

Post by RedFlag »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:30 pm
Hi

Are you sure there is not an installed button there?
I see yellow and black in the pic.
If there is a button there the push part is centered under the plastic cover

You can short the two contacts of this reset button location using a paper clip, with or without the cover on.
I think this is the instruction in the recovery instructions.
One side of the reset switch location has the contacts connected to ground, the wide area around it is part of the contact.
The active contacts are isolated and you should see an area around them where the main ground is not connected.
Shorting this active contact (normally two contacts, maybe marked "Key") to ground, ground being the outside connection of the LNB cable, will do the reset switch function.

In some brands and models, it is possible to enter the recovery menu by repeatedly pressing the power button on the remote while the device is booting. I thought maybe there could be a method similar to this.
The information you have provided is also instructive.
Thanks.

redwoods
网站管理员

Post by redwoods »

Except for that button, there is no other button or operation on this model that can directly enter recovery. You could try Feralkiwi's suggestion.

manikm

Post by manikm »

has anyone had success with shorting the two yellow pins, i dont want to risk it, and i have no power button....the ones without power button, are they newer boards or older boards?

jonythefox1

Post by jonythefox1 »

Humm
As far as I can see, I guess my box is one that do not have the 'reset button' just the two active contacts.

I will try and follow the info above in order to make the short using the ground/two contacts.

Be back to you with results in a day or two

Thnks again

Cresto

Post by Cresto »

I can confirm that it works! Connect the two active contacts (yellow) with the insulation of the LNB cable and the GT Combo boots into recovery mode.

Have fun!

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”