GTX Combo CA-card reader issue

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Prot

GTX Combo CA-card reader issue

Post by Prot »

I have a problem with the GTX Combo. The CA card reader no longer works. On the TV screen I see now "Scrambled", in the CA card installation menu I see "Error" instead of "Card OK". Previously my Conax (unpaired) card was recognized by the GTX Combo and worked fine. My Conax card is fine as it works fine with my other decoder. A software update did not resolve this issue. I assume this is a hardware problem - the CA card reader is probably not working. How can I get - CA module spare part?
Last edited by Prot on Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Serhi

Re: GTX Combo CA-card reader issue

Post by Serhi »

Which software recognized your CONAX card?

Prot

Post by Prot »

C21.A9.1.2 and C21.A9.1.5 recognized Conax Card
The reader failure occurred when software 1.5 was installed in the STB. This is probably a reader fault, not the software, because uploading other software does not help. Sometimes when I slide the card in and out, the reader reads it, but not often, maybe once a hundred times. The card inserted in the CI module works properly in the CI slot, but decoding the channels takes much longer than when the card was in the CA slot (without the CI module).

Serhi

Post by Serhi »

With a Conax card for cable TV, I insert the card into the slot of the receiver, but the channels are closed, are there any settings that need to be made in the receiver

Prot

Post by Prot »

No, unpaired Conax card works without any settings. Maybe your card is paired with the provider's equipment and does not work with other.

Serhi

Post by Serhi »

The card went off, but it should have been with the chip up

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”