HDMI no signal

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

cdaw

HDMI no signal

Post by cdaw »

The remote is working, I can see numbers change when I use remote. And on tv, shows HDMI cable is connected. Maybe need do firmware update? Forgot how to do that, anybody know. ,please remind me . Thanks

cdaw

Re: HDMI no signal

Post by cdaw »

Find the way to force update, but problem is HDMI signal.is it repairable?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is the TV mode button.
That will change the output format from PAL to NTSC etc.

Try a AV cable if you have one, It may be the hdmi has failed

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Pesciolino

Post by Pesciolino »

Test with av cable, if it works check if the hdmi output is 1080p and change it to 1080i

cdaw

Post by cdaw »

Thanks for help, the box is working with av cable, HDMI is black, because the satellite signal is not connected, I cannot tell if the audio is working, I will update when I test it.

cdaw

Post by cdaw »

Av cable is working fine. I have the box for 2 years , it works fine. All setting wasn’t change. HDMI have no signal coming out. Check with different cable. No audio , no video. Looks like hardware problem, maybe bad solder. I will check it when I have time.
Thanks for all yours help replys

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The HDMI can be damaged by ground currents.
As the dish is outside, and grounded most times, the connection to ground in your house is the TV as the GT Media boxes uses a non grounded supply.
Any ground current spike like lightning or a power supply short will pass from the dish through the LNB cable and to the grounded TV via the HDMI cable.

If you think this may have happened, add an extra ground wire between the GT Media box and the TV, like a AV cable or connect the ground of the LNB cable to the ground of the antenna cable on your TV.

I had to do this to remove spikes in the HDMI signals from an electric fence on one installation I did.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”