USALS Motor setup

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ninug66

USALS Motor setup

Post by ninug66 »

just received my V9 prime and been hours trying to setup the STB with my STAB HH120 USALS motor.
There is no 'ANTENNA CONNECT' option in the DVB-S/S2/S2X menu to select.
The only options are:
-Satellite list
-Antenna Setup
-Single Satellite Search
-Multi Satellite Search
-TP List
-Italy LCN Search

I did select one satellite from the list to activate the other options but still, ANTENNA CONNECT does not show in the menu.
I had a Dreambox previously which used to move/drive the motor each time I change satellites.

Also, I have a single port Universal LNB (10.xx - 12.xx MHz) with this motor and have no idea which LNB frequency to chose from the V9 Prime menu within the Antenna setup screen as non are within this range.

Any help is appreciated.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: USALS Motor setup

Post by cpr43 »

menu

DVBS Instalation

Motor Type

Change to USALS

Enter Longitude and Latitude

Limit Setup

For the Universal LNB look for the specs. Most markets standrards for Universal 9750-10600. You can try turning ON the 22khz to see if it goes higher

ninug66

Post by ninug66 »

Thanks for yr reply.
It seems that I need to do that for every satellite that i will be using.....there is no knefor all motor setup?
Is this correct?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

ninug66 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm
Thanks for yr reply.
It seems that I need to do that for every satellite that i will be using.....there is no knefor all motor setup?
Is this correct?
No. if you choose MOTORIZED ANTENNA at the Antenna Connection and them USALS at Antenna Setup with the proper LNB freq and it will be applied to all.

ninug66

Re: USALS Motor setup - lost hope

Post by ninug66 »

I do not have 'Antenna Connection' in the menu so what you are suggesting is not working for me.
I spent 2 days trying to set this up and still did not manage to view an FTA channel...(I have over 20 years of experience with satellite receivers).
Neither did I find any detailed instructions or a detailed user guide.
The software is something similar to 20 years ago when we had xxxxx or xxxxx receivers.
Channel list updating and downloading through USB??? in a world of WiFi and networking. :)

Been using xxxxxxxx for the past 20 years and seems that this GTMedia did not convince me to change.
70 Euros down the drain.
Thanks for your help.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Step by step:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (83.98 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (67.68 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (66.29 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (59.29 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (65.6 KiB) Viewed 2287 times

ninug66

Post by ninug66 »

Hi thanks for the step by step instructions however, my v9 prime stock firmware is different from yours.
I will check if there is a newer version and will upgrade my box next week.
thanks

stevec1000

Post by stevec1000 »

The V9 Prime model I just got doesn't have any of the motor drive setup options shown in the photos! Is there some way to add that function?
I found it! I had to go down to the motor type near the bottom of the screen, click on it, then it changed to let me enter the Lat and Long, etc.
I wish there was some kind of user manual that explained all these settings!

Even after putting in the Lat and Long, when I select the satellite it still doesn't move!
What else needs to be setup?
On the Motor Type screen there is a setting near the bottom called Motor Setting but when I click that I just get a list of a few transponders!
Can anyone explain what that is for and what to choose there?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

stevec1000 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:22 pm
The V9 Prime model I just got doesn't have any of the motor drive setup options shown in the photos! Is there some way to add that function?
I found it! I had to go down to the motor type near the bottom of the screen, click on it, then it changed to let me enter the Lat and Long, etc.
I wish there was some kind of user manual that explained all these settings!

Even after putting in the Lat and Long, when I select the satellite it still doesn't move!
What else needs to be setup?
On the Motor Type screen there is a setting near the bottom called Motor Setting but when I click that I just get a list of a few transponders!
Can anyone explain what that is for and what to choose there?
In the antenna setting the motor type needs to be set to USALS.
That is what you click on to get to the motor settings menu as you found.

After you set your location you need to press save to keep it.
Go back to that menu and check it is correct.

The Longitude for each satellite also needs to be correct as that is also used in the calculation for where to move.

The GT Combo unit had problems with south and west lat longs.
Are you south or west?
The dish should still move, just to the wrong location.

Another thing, are you using your USALS motor through a switch?"
If that switch is 22kHz it will not work.
If the switch is DiSEqC it is best to use port one for the USALS, as that is the default if there is a moment of over current trip on the LNB cable.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

stevec1000

Post by stevec1000 »

Feralkiwi I'm in the SouthWest, Arizona. Hope it works here. I don't have any switches or anything.

mauroest

Re: USALS Motor setup move end to end

Post by mauroest »

GTMEdia V9 prime (SW updated May 2022), is veri sensible :shock:
On Astra 2E -- 28.2 and NO aerial it shows signail intensity 26 % and with USALS motor NOT attached it starts to search (what ??) few minutes to reach signal intensity of 18%.
If I attach aerial and I set ''disq 1.2'' and I move by remote control from far est to far west, it moves but do not find anything and shows always the same signal 40-42%

Is it an indicator level or just a coreographic XXXX ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: USALS Motor setup move end to end

Post by Feralkiwi »

mauroest wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:55 pm
GTMEdia V9 prime (SW updated May 2022), is veri sensible :shock:
On Astra 2E -- 28.2 and NO aerial it shows signail intensity 26 % and with USALS motor NOT attached it starts to search (what ??) few minutes to reach signal intensity of 18%.
If I attach aerial and I set ''disq 1.2'' and I move by remote control from far est to far west, it moves but do not find anything and shows always the same signal 40-42%

Is it an indicator level or just a coreographic XXXX ?
Have you entered your latitude and longitude into the unit?
That is needed for calculation of where to move.

Remember that the level shown while you move is only for the TP you have selected, so select a good know TP.
Also while you are moving there are commands sent to the motor using the 22kHz signal and this will interrupt the LNB as it will change from low to high band with those commands.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mauroest

Post by mauroest »

USALS HH90 GTMEDIAV9PRIME
Lat and Long are correct and memorized;
Dish is pointed to the near sat Hotbird 13;
I have choosen a good TP with 90 % signal and I am receiving many FTA TV. So far is OK.

Troubles start when
I want to point and receive satellites X and Y and Z... etc etc with motor USALS
Is there any instruction step by step from the beginning to the end ?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Each satellite should work OK.
If you ADD a satellite you must have the correct longitude set on the satellite list as that is use for the calculation for position.
After you sate USALS in the antenna settings menu the dish should move to that satellite position.

If you have more than one dish and are using a DiSEqC switch, use port one as that is the default if there is a moment of LNB power over current. You can not use a 22kHz switch before a USALS motor.

Owen

scottgs

Post by scottgs »

Just another tidbit, in case it will help someone.

I'm new to using a GTMedia V9 Prime. This box comes with no Western satellites programmed (naturally...), which reveals an apparent bug in the software when using USALS. This is with the current firmware as of this date, 20 SEP 2023.

PROBLEM:
If you "add" a new satellite (as you must do if you live in the West), and go to the "Antenna" setup, the fields for your location's LAT/LON will not appear after selecting USALS as the motor type.

SOLUTION:
The Solution is to select a satellite that is already entered by the factory, even if it's out of view, and setting it for USALS. Do this in the "Satellite List", by selecting a factory entered satellite as a favorite (with the heart-symbol), and then enter the "Antenna" setup, select "Motor Type" USALS, and then the LAT/LON fields will magically appear, and LAT/LON can be entered. Once entered for any satellite, the LAT/LON will work for all satellites that are using USALS. You do not have to enter it more than once.

It sure would be nice if someone would write a manual for this convoluted thing. This is a frustrating device to use.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

scottgs wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:15 am

I'm new to using a GTMedia V9 Prime. This box comes with no Western satellites programmed (naturally...), which reveals an apparent bug in the software when using USALS. This is with the current firmware as of this date, 20 SEP 2023.

PROBLEM:
If you "add" a new satellite (as you must do if you live in the West), and go to the "Antenna" setup, the fields for your location's LAT/LON will not appear after selecting USALS as the motor type.

SOLUTION:
The Solution is to select a satellite that is already entered by the factory, even if it's out of view, and setting it for USALS. Do this in the "Satellite List", by selecting a factory entered satellite as a favorite (with the heart-symbol), and then enter the "Antenna" setup, select "Motor Type" USALS, and then the LAT/LON fields will magically appear, and LAT/LON can be entered. Once entered for any satellite, the LAT/LON will work for all satellites that are using USALS. You do not have to enter it more than once.

It sure would be nice if someone would write a manual for this convoluted thing. This is a frustrating device to use.
Thank you for that.

I do not have a V9 so can not check this myself.

This may solve an issue for many.

I will wait for conformation (maybe another moderator that has a V9) and then report this bug to GT Media for fix in later versions.
I assume that after after you have set the lat long, that the option still does not appear in any more "Added" sats?

I wonder if you export your user file / channel list and reload it, do the added sats then show the lat long?

Owen

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

scottgs wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:15 am

PROBLEM:

SOLUTION:

To solve Western satellites you just have to put a list of channels in UDF format

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”