Error UP9

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

VortexLH44

Re: Error UP9

Post by VortexLH44 »

Hello everyone,
I too am faced with the same problem!
One day I tried to turn on my V9 super and UP9 is displayed on the device LCD. On the TV it asks me to update the software, I have tried to load 4 different files, V400, V399, V398 and flash.abs files and all will not solve the issue. Once the firmware is loaded, the TV shows "no signal" and "oFF" is displayed on the V9 super.
I have left the device off for about 4 or 5 days and I tried to turn it on and it worked. Now it will not turn on again. How strange....
Can anyone help? I have tried to contact the seller however it's been almost one month and many messages later and no reply!

I hope someone has a solution please

Thank you
Attachments
V9Super - UP9cropped.jpg
V9Super - UP9cropped.jpg (346.13 KiB) Viewed 2829 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

VortexLH44 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:42 pm
Hello everyone,
I too am faced with the same problem!
One day I tried to turn on my V9 super and UP9 is displayed on the device LCD. On the TV it asks me to update the software, I have tried to load 4 different files, V400, V399, V398 and flash.abs files and all will not solve the issue. Once the firmware is loaded, the TV shows "no signal" and "oFF" is displayed on the V9 super.
I have left the device off for about 4 or 5 days and I tried to turn it on and it worked. Now it will not turn on again. How strange....
Can anyone help? I have tried to contact the seller however it's been almost one month and many messages later and no reply!

I hope someone has a solution please

Thank you
Hi

While it is showing UP9 on the front panel do you see anything on the TV?
On that screen you may see that the area for your box serial number has xxxx in it.

Many UP9 faults of late have been due to the box serial number not being found.
Tom.w sends out a fix software for these users if their unit will not recover.

If this happens again then please PM Tom.w with your serial number and he will send you recovery software for your unit.

That it recovered after being left OFF for some days has been reported by other users.
I think this is a hardware recovery of memory at an almost atomic level.

I would not guarantee it would work again if powered off.
If leaving it on works for you, then stay with that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

VortexLH44

Post by VortexLH44 »

Hello Owen,
Many thanks for reply - It's good to know someone is out there with some help as I've been trying to find a help and nobody has replied but you.
I have attached a photo of what is displayed on the TV while UP9 is on the device. I do not see any serial number displayed on the TV.
How do I contact Tom.w?
Attachments
UP9-TVMessage.jpg
UP9-TVMessage.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 2811 times

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Tap over Tom.w and look for Send private Message. Ask for Firmware to solve UP9 and refer to this post.

You can also hit Private Message tab on the right upper corner of the forum and write Tom.w

WAMAN

Post by WAMAN »

Tom sent Me this link,
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20348&p=103833&hilit=rs232#p103833

I had a old pc with windows xp., with a serial port
I used the null modem cable and a old fan pc pigtail, it has the right spacing of pins (3)

I was able to recover my V8 UHD

I only needed 3 wires
Attachments
41+Ite-1bmL._AC__LI (2).jpg
41+Ite-1bmL._AC__LI (2).jpg (852.15 KiB) Viewed 2788 times

VortexLH44

Post by VortexLH44 »

Hello WAMAN
Thank you for your reply.
I don't have any problem making this cable up as I have many spare parts,cable etc....My only worry is how do I connect the cable to my V9 super? I don't want to open my V9 super as this will mean I will have to break warranty sticker as its sealed. Although I'm still hoping the seller or AliExpress may still find a solution, whether it be a repair or replacement I'm reluctant in breaking the warranty seal.
Looking at all the ports on my V9 super, there is a LNB, Ethernet, HDMI, AV Out, DC 12v in, USB and micro SD ports.
Does this help?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With the UP9 screen up you should be able to plug in a USB stick and load the software.
If this is what you have done a few times and it returns, then yes the RS232 method may be the way.

I have found with the V8 UHD units if I press the power on button twice it goes into UP9 mode.
The V9 may do the same.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

VortexLH44

Post by VortexLH44 »

How do I connect the RS232 cable to my V9 Super?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is most likely a RS232 connection on the circuit board inside the box.

Here are my notes on RS232 for the old V8 Finder.
The method of connection is much the same.

Again here you can see the at the center top.
This one inside the V7
This one inside the V8UHD

Owen

WAMAN

Post by WAMAN »

VortexLH44 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:40 pm
Hello WAMAN
Thank you for your reply.
I don't have any problem making this cable up as I have many spare parts,cable etc....My only worry is how do I connect the cable to my V9 super? I don't want to open my V9 super as this will mean I will have to break warranty sticker as its sealed. Although I'm still hoping the seller or AliExpress may still find a solution, whether it be a repair or replacement I'm reluctant in breaking the warranty seal.
Looking at all the ports on my V9 super, there is a LNB, Ethernet, HDMI, AV Out, DC 12v in, USB and micro SD ports.
Does this help?
Yes, You would have to break the seal, I tried all the other methods to recover, I didnt have any luck.
I found RS232 plug, on the unit by the board, I cut away the plastic (RS232 plug) with finger nail clippers so my fan plug would fit.
I cut one end off of the 9 pin cable and skinned wires back, and used my meter for continuity to find my 3 wires.
I copied my bin file to usb, I started the recovery software, my comm port was one, Powered unit on, It took about 10-12 min. to flash and reboot.

rafael66

Post by rafael66 »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:52 am
rafael66 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:53 pm
buenos dias, a mi me pasaba lo mismo el problema que tiene es que se calienta demaciado y el chic tiene auto proteccion y por eso sale el UP9
y al dejarlo un parde dias desenchufado enciende como si nada hasta que se vuelve a calentar y otra vez lo mismo ay que poner un ventilador para que
no se caliente tanto

un saludo
rafael
Hola
¿Puedes decirme tu casilla SN, la marcaré?

hello
can you tell me your box SN, I will check it?
buenas tardes aque te refieres con la casilla, te refieres al numero de rerie del aparato

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the serial number.
Some of these UP9 faults are due to the box losing its serial number and then not starting.
Tom.w will send software with your serial number in it to recover your box.

Owen

torichu87

Post by torichu87 »

Tengo el mismo problema :roll:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

torichu87 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:43 am
Tengo el mismo problema :roll:
There have been a few users with this issue.

First try a forced recovery.
V9Super How to USB forced upgrade 2019.0801.zip

Some boxes loose their serial number and then go to UP9.

The fix for this is to PM Tom.w with your serial number.
He will send you a software with your serial number in it to recover the box.

I will PM him to take note of this post.

Owen

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Dear all
about the UP9 issue, we can do these steps:
1:try to do the usb force upgrade following the user guide from viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14431
2:if step 1 can not do successfully,please try to do the RS232 upgrade,if you want to open the box or do not have any RS232 cable,please contact the seller then exchange the box
3:if you do the upgrade the newest firmware successfully, but it still shows the UP9,please PM your box SN to us(by sticker on box),we will check this box

rafael66

Post by rafael66 »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:52 am
rafael66 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:53 pm
buenos dias, a mi me pasaba lo mismo el problema que tiene es que se calienta demaciado y el chic tiene auto proteccion y por eso sale el UP9
y al dejarlo un parde dias desenchufado enciende como si nada hasta que se vuelve a calentar y otra vez lo mismo ay que poner un ventilador para que
no se caliente tanto

un saludo
rafael
Hola
¿Puedes decirme tu casilla SN, la marcaré?

hello
can you tell me your box SN, I will check it?
buenos dias el numero de serie es V9SA1912043436

muchas gracias

un saludo

rafael66

Post by rafael66 »

buenos dias,al final el aparato sigue igual cuando se calienta se bloquea y sale up9 lo dejo unos dias apagado y enciende y despues vuelta a empesar hasta que se calienta de nuevo

rafael66

Post by rafael66 »

al final que deseccion con este aparato no ay manera de meterlo a viaje lo mejor es tirarlo a la basura
:evil: :evil:

VortexLH44

Post by VortexLH44 »

This is still very annoying!
I'm not convinced that this is serial number related, purely because of the reason behind it being the serial number being lost as a result the device does not boot. Why is it then after a few days the device does boot up, how has it all of a sudden found the serial number?
Not sure it is heat related either - I used it for a few hours today, switched it off, after a few hours it failed to boot up again?
Any ideas people?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This can happen as the electronic chips "repair" them selves at a micro level.
It may be that after a few days of no power, the charge in some chips is finally discharged and the chip works correctly again.

I have had this too.
An old V7HD (2016) that would not recover, did recover after being left unpowered for some days.

If you recover it again, try loading software via the menu.

Owen

VortexLH44

Post by VortexLH44 »

Hello Owen,
Thank you for your reply! Glad to know someone is out there providing some info.
I was wondering if it would be worthwhile reverting to an older version of software / firmware once it starts working again. Perhaps the latest version is the cause?
Also, I was able to open my V9Super however there is nothing obvious to look out for. I notice a small 3 pin connector which I can only assume is the serial connector. I will post a photo of the PCB soon.
I've sent Tom.w 3 message however I've had no reply yet.

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Error UPg

Post by CAJE »

Version 400 is the ideal after restoring it

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

Yes the three pin connector is likely the RS232 connection.
Here is a link to my notes on RS232 recovery for the old Finder V71.
The method is still much the same.
Most GT Media unit have this three pin connection.
There are also pics of the insides of units here showing the RS232 port.

Also yes an older version may help.
It may change a faulty memory location from one to zero and fix the error.
I have had luck this way with recovery.

I hope you have version 400 as CAJE says.

Owen

opek541

Post by opek541 »

Has anyone found a solution to the UP9 problem? I did not want to upload the batch via rs232. I had to desolder the memory and upload it through the programmer, but it still shows the UP9 error. I wrote to tom.w but so far he has not replied.

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Error UPg

Post by CAJE »

I would try to remove the heatsink and renew the thermal paste that will have lost properties

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”