GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Error UP9

Post by Feralkiwi »

opek541 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:12 pm
Has anyone found a solution to the UP9 problem? I did not want to upload the batch via rs232. I had to desolder the memory and upload it through the programmer, but it still shows the UP9 error. I wrote to tom.w but so far he has not replied.
Please have a look at this post on UP9.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

opek541

Post by opek541 »

Only point number 5 is left for me. Unfortunately, I don't know where the SN should be displayed. I only have a sticker on the box V9SA1912043445. I don't know where to find the software to upload this number.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

opek541 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:00 am
Only point number 5 is left for me. Unfortunately, I don't know where the SN should be displayed. I only have a sticker on the box V9SA1912043445. I don't know where to find the software to upload this number.
Are you saying that your serial number is xxxxxx?
If so you will need software from GT Media to fix.

Owen

quote from the instrructions.
4: If the SN number displayed is XXXXX after the software is up, and the SN number displayed is XXXXX, please tell us the original SN number of the box, and we will provide the software to burn the SN number.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

opek541

Post by opek541 »

4: If the SN number displayed is XXXXX after the software is up, and the SN number displayed is XXXXX, please tell us the original SN number of the box, and we will provide the software to burn the SN number.
Where should this SN number be displayed? at what time and place? I only have the number on the housing that I gave earlier.
I wrote an email to service@freesat.cn and wrote a private message to Tom.w but no reply.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

If it is like any other GTMedia receiver, you should find the s/no within the (Information) of the receiver.
Press Menu on the remote, and go through each one in turn, (it could be within (Tools)), until you see the word (Information), Press OK, this should then show what your model is/serial no/hw version/sw version etc.

Den

opek541

Post by opek541 »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:18 pm
If it is like any other GTMedia receiver, you should find the s/no within the (Information) of the receiver.
Press Menu on the remote, and go through each one in turn, (it could be within (Tools)), until you see the word (Information), Press OK, this should then show what your model is/serial no/hw version/sw version etc.

Den
I cannot enter the menu because the UP9 error does not allow it. The decoder does not react to the operation of the remote control at all. I understand that the trash decoder?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The last update for the V9 Super was in Oct 2020 which is still in the download section of the forum, which is V400.
Do a forced upgrade to the receiver with this software, also make sure you have a power supply 12v 2a, plus new batteries for the remote.

Den

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Error UPg

Post by CAJE »

If the display works, I still opt for the overheated microprocessor, try a fan and if it works, you should change the thermal paste that has lost its properties

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please what GT Media unit do you have?

Is the UP9 screen like this?

Or is the screen like one in this post?

Owen

opek541

Post by opek541 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:50 pm
Please what GT Media unit do you have?

Is the UP9 screen like this?

Exactly like in the picture. I have GT Media V9 Super
Impossible that it cannot be done. There must also be one responsible for this screen.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Try a hair dryer with cold air, you will see how it will work

opek541

Post by opek541 »

CAJE wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:25 am
Try a hair dryer with cold air, you will see how it will work
The tile is completely frozen, the same screen continues. In the meantime, uploading two different firmware via USB and nothing else.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

It is normal, leave the deco off for several hours, when you turn it on with a fan and you will see that it will work

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you unpacking the .zip folder and using the .bin file

You also must use the software for the same unit you have, V8UHD for V8UHD, V8 Nova orange for Nova orange etc.

Here are my notes on flash.bin recovery

The GT Media instructions on forced recovery are here.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not. This is with the Nova units mostly.

Edited 24 Aug 2021
I found that a USB stick with a lot (more than 30+) .bin files on it, my UHD unit would not show the new software file in the menus.
This suggests that having too many .bin files on the USB stick can also be a problem.
I moved most of the file into a folder and it then showed the file.
Keep only one or two files in the main directory.

Edited 21 Sept 2021
From the PDF file for the V7 V8.
6. V7 V8 USB forced upgrade:::
6.1. Connect the power, and press “MENU” continuously with the remote control.
Note: Press the button continuously.
This should read repeatedly"

6.2.Digital tube shows UP9,,,After releasing the MENU button, enter the upgrade mode

Good luck

There have been user that recover their unit after removing the wifi board, or just cut the 5v power to the board.

Owen

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Extracting or canceling the 3.3V only worked for the Nova and the Honor, the Wi-Fi module was shown to be undamaged, the only thing it does alleviate the work of the CPU when it has suffered excess temperature due to misuse
Attachments
Override the 3.3V on Nova and Honor
Override the 3.3V on Nova and Honor
IMG_20220812_074319.jpg (233.82 KiB) Viewed 1239 times

opek541

Post by opek541 »

I have made all your suggestions. Unfortunately still the same. I'll pick up the heatsink and see the processor. Maybe you need to re-solder them

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Don't touch the solders, just change the thermal paste

opek541

Post by opek541 »

And now I don't know if it's a solution or not. I did everything but nothing helped. I desoldered the WIFI and left it for a few days (even 2 weeks earlier, nothing helped). A friend came and I wanted to show him what was happening and a surprise. Everything works. So I sold WIFI, I uploaded the latest USB soft and programs. It has been running for a week. I would like to add that all lines and settings have disappeared, as if it was returned to the factory settings.

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”